Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2022, 05:33 AM

893 posts, read 509,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Now joining the ranks.

I totally agree with the post right above me about eating the preferred food but making it healthier.

I don't eat three meals a day. I haven't for years. However, I have struggled with my weight until this year. Then throughout the year, I've been losing a little bit of weight to the point that I look pretty much like my pre-balloon days. I went from 240 to now 210. Muscle mass does factor in. I have moved on from fast food (McDonalds and the like) to frozen meals for a while

Yeah, I know, I know, they are high in sodium, but so is fast food.

As a matter of fact, the frozen meals have a lot of great nutrients that have resulted in me having the pounds melt off. Also, the caloric amount makes it harder to consume more than you burn.

Fast food has a lot of empty calories and a meal is a lot higher in calories. Also, some fast food has a lot of stuff put in it that is actually not food and the body won't be able to digest properly. Even one meal from the typical fast food restaurants that I know of will have plenty of calories and on top of that, leave you feeling unsatiated as if you haven't eaten anything. I find with frozen meals, I am more satiated and I can go longer without eating.

The frozen meals were just a first step. I have worked my way to fresh meals and actually cooking my own food.

Y'all can knock frozen meals, but hey, you'll fare a lot better than with them McDonalds meals. I know from experience.

Just be sure to drink a lot of water.
Which frozen dinners would you recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2022, 08:04 AM

846 posts, read 680,865 times
Frozen meals and fast food are actually fine for weight loss. Why? Because they list the calories on them. You can put them into an app like MyFitnessPal. It'll tell you how many grams of protein you need for the day and how many calories you have remaining.

If you go to a local restaurant, or a friend's house or your uncle's barbeque, you have no idea how many calories or grams of protein you're eating. So there's a much greater risk of overeating.

Old 12-18-2022, 08:17 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,000,279 times
First meal:
- 2 eggs with turkey bacon and mushrooms or green union, done in butter. And salt. I only use Himalayan salt, the pink one. Plus a herbal tea (with no sugar, or substitutes, no honey, nothing) with a little lemon juice.

Second meal:
- a serving of protein prepared in butter with a big salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Or instead of salad, a serving of different low carbs veggies (broccoli, mushrooms, cauliflower, green beans etc.). Or a soup.

Third meal: like the second meal. Just something else. A different type of protein + different veggies, different soup.
Sometimes I would have a small serving of fruits, like berries, pomegranates etc.

I prepare all the meals at home. Nothing processed, never sugar not even substitutes, no alcohol, no soy, no gluten, no wheat, no grains, rarely cheese (only goat and only from Europe). All meat is organic and almost all veggies and fruits are organic. Same with butter and eggs, pasture raised, the best quality that I can afford.

No snacking. I also don't count calories but I eat between 1300- 1500 cal/day. I'm 5'8", woman, middle-aged and work out almost daily for 30-40 min.

Old 12-18-2022, 11:36 AM

9,848 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farm fatale View Post
First meal:
- 2 eggs with turkey bacon and mushrooms or green union, done in butter. And salt. I only use Himalayan salt, the pink one. Plus a herbal tea (with no sugar, or substitutes, no honey, nothing) with a little lemon juice.

Second meal:
- a serving of protein prepared in butter with a big salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Or instead of salad, a serving of different low carbs veggies (broccoli, mushrooms, cauliflower, green beans etc.). Or a soup.

Third meal: like the second meal. Just something else. A different type of protein + different veggies, different soup.
Sometimes I would have a small serving of fruits, like berries, pomegranates etc.

I prepare all the meals at home. Nothing processed, never sugar not even substitutes, no alcohol, no soy, no gluten, no wheat, no grains, rarely cheese (only goat and only from Europe). All meat is organic and almost all veggies and fruits are organic. Same with butter and eggs, pasture raised, the best quality that I can afford.

No snacking. I also don't count calories but I eat between 1300- 1500 cal/day. I'm 5'8", woman, middle-aged and work out almost daily for 30-40 min.
My eating is very similar to yours.

Old 12-19-2022, 06:31 PM

2,529 posts, read 1,860,003 times
breakfast: bacon and eggs. black coffee
lunch: meat, potatoes, veggies. a dessert after
supper: usually pasta or rice and beans with veggies or something alike
I always have a dessert after supper too

I cook almost everything from scratch, not pre made except for the pasta or rice etc.

Old 12-19-2022, 07:21 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkypeanut View Post
Which frozen dinners would you recommend?
I can't recommend any of them because muh-high sodium. We can't have sodium. But fast food sodium along with non-food chemicals and poisons are okay.

What I did consume was Healthy Choice and Lean Cuisine among a couple of others, but as I said, I moved on from them into fresh foods.

It worked for me, and I've lost weight. It was impossible for me with fast food. Plus with fast food, I was experiencing dementia like symptoms. You'd think I had Alzheimer's. With non-fast foods that I prepared myself that had actual nutritional value and not just empty calories, I could think clearly and I was much less likely to overeat.

Old 01-10-2023, 03:54 AM

2 posts, read 616 times
I lost weight by drinking the right fruit and vegetable drinks. Today I eat normally but I still have these drinks on my menu because they are very good and I can't stop drinking them. But I eat everything - the only thing that has changed for me is that I eat smaller meals 5 times a day and drink a lot of water. Before, I ate 3 times a day. When I am very hungry, I drink a glass of water before eating. The cool thing is that when I gain weight, I can do a drink diet again. 3 weeks and weight is back to normal.

Old 01-10-2023, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSyd View Post
I lost weight by drinking the right fruit and vegetable drinks.
drinks? can you write more

Old 01-16-2023, 01:00 AM

2 posts, read 616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everalex90 View Post
drinks? can you write more
For 3 weeks you swap meals for smoothies. Smoothies are easy to make. They are prepared and eaten according to the plan: https://tiny.pl/w1lnd The cool thing is that they are delicious and give you a lot of energy, you can come back to it whenever you want and as much as you want, they are prepared quickly and by yourself, you don't have to buy any pills and supplements.

Old 01-16-2023, 02:26 AM

2,290 posts, read 1,511,895 times
I lost about twenty pounds years ago and it came back gradually, over ten years. Mostly when we were on long overseas holidays, as that was the time both our kids were living in the UK.

To try to get it off again I have to stick to a plan like this:

Breakfast: light yoghurt with blueberries, one slice of multi grain toast with Vegemite and avocado. Skinny flat white coffee.

Lunch: one slice of multigrain bread with tuna, salmon or ham, salad, or cheese

Dinner: normal size serving of meat or fish or tofu, small helping of rice or potatoes. Salad. Small glass of red wine

I come to grief when the grandkids are here and I nibble on their snacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss