Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 03:15 PM

1 posts, read 505 times

Advertisements

LO28SWM thank you for taking your time to detail your experiences. You are courageous and fierce much like the character Arya Stark in Games of Thrones. I'm sure the character would raise her sword to anyone who thought otherwise.

If your tips and tricks benefit one person what an accomplishment that would be.

Keep up the great work no one can what you have work so hard for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2021, 05:14 AM

23 posts, read 25,906 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCZ1qlS5YA

Old 05-11-2021, 12:20 AM

3,911 posts, read 4,562,269 times
[quote=LO28SWM;60982424]I never said expert.

/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing what is working for you. You are half way to your goal and that's great!
I have no idea what would make that naysayer so hostile and negative, but whatever. Ignore it and keep going!

Old 05-12-2021, 05:38 AM

1,860 posts, read 1,255,472 times
Hit 55 lbs yesterday. Feelings really good and strong and better.

Old 05-12-2021, 06:18 AM

3,477 posts, read 2,466,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
Hit 55 lbs yesterday. Feelings really good and strong and better.
Congrats!

I need to lose 12 pounds minimum (30 pounds max, but I'd sincerely be fine with 12). The Dr. just put me on Fosomax because of arthritis/bursitis in my hip. Clearly I'm carrying more weight than is comfortable for my bones. I'm feeling inspired. Will be reducing (not eliminating) breads and "added" sugars (will switch from pastries/ice cream to fresh fruits). I only have 1 cup of coffee per day with just 1 teaspoon of sugar in it so I won't be eliminating THAT.

Need to add in some "balance" exercises like t'ai chi and yoga.

All in due time. First step is the fosomax starting tomorrow morning.

Old 05-16-2021, 09:25 PM

6,887 posts, read 11,266,418 times
Default Losing weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
It was insulting to me the an amateur should post a thread as if they know anything at all...

Great she found something that works for her but don't start a thread like "here's my tips" until you are close to goal.
Losing 52 pounds is pretty darn good. I have a problem losing and some of what she said really resonated with me.

She's doing something good that is working for her. Let her be.

People being negative is not necessary. Too much of that in this world. Be nice.

Old 05-17-2021, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
Losing 52 pounds is pretty darn good. I have a problem losing and some of what she said really resonated with me.

She's doing something good that is working for her. Let her be.

People being negative is not necessary. Too much of that in this world. Be nice.
If anything I said is helpful to you I am so glad!!

Old 05-17-2021, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Congrats!

I need to lose 12 pounds minimum (30 pounds max, but I'd sincerely be fine with 12). The Dr. just put me on Fosomax because of arthritis/bursitis in my hip. Clearly I'm carrying more weight than is comfortable for my bones. I'm feeling inspired. Will be reducing (not eliminating) breads and "added" sugars (will switch from pastries/ice cream to fresh fruits). I only have 1 cup of coffee per day with just 1 teaspoon of sugar in it so I won't be eliminating THAT.

Need to add in some "balance" exercises like t'ai chi and yoga.

All in due time. First step is the fosomax starting tomorrow morning.
Good luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss