Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 10:24 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,246,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post

Saturday a.m. 171.0 pounds
Saturday p.m. 175.4 pounds
Sunday p.m. 169.4 pounds
Monday a.m. 167.8 pounds
One liter of water weighs 2.2 lbs. Solid waste also... weighs something. A roughly 3 lbs. difference over the course of three days is normal whether one is dieting/exercising or not. That is why it is recommended to weigh yourself only once per week, or even only once per month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2021, 08:25 PM

6,957 posts, read 6,882,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Do you eat 3 meals in the 6 hour window? I have been doing 18/6 too, but with 2 meals a day. I am thinking of eating 3 meals instead of 2 to reduce to serving size of each meal. I find that one large meal is a lot of food to eat and it makes my belly balloon up.
Very often, hunger is a conditioned response and we just think we "should" eat at a certain time. On a few water fasts over the years, I found that mealtimes break up the day and are more habit than anything else. Once I got out of the habit of looking for a meal, the need for the meal dropped away. Folks often get involved with something so much that they forget to eat.

Why would you try and force yourself to eat more than you or your body wants. If your belly balloons up and you feel full, then obviously you are eating too much at one time. You know, it takes about 15 minutes for your stomach to tell your head that you have eaten enough, so you can eat a fair amount in that 15 minutes before you realise you have over eaten. Eat slowly and chew well will help. Maybe cut down on the window to 4 hours and only eat one meal, eat enough so that you are satisfied and then stop perhaps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss