Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 01:23 PM

10,988 posts, read 6,852,461 times

Advertisements

Has anyone followed this diet for any length of time, and had good results? I have a pretty bad case of bursitis that is not responding to treatment. I'm thinking I need to eat fewer inflammatory food items. Even follow a structured diet. Thanks in advance. P.S. I don't really care about weight loss, just the anti-inflammatory issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2022, 10:30 PM

3,687 posts, read 2,408,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Has anyone followed this diet for any length of time, and had good results? I have a pretty bad case of bursitis that is not responding to treatment. I'm thinking I need to eat fewer inflammatory food items. Even follow a structured diet. Thanks in advance. P.S. I don't really care about weight loss, just the anti-inflammatory issues.
I eat anti-inflammatory foods and drink anti-inflammatory teas.

Inflammation is something that is NOT discussed enough.

It keeps diseases at bay and reduces other health problems.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:30 AM

761 posts, read 445,570 times
Quote:
You said you "don't really care about weight loss", but excess weight itself can cause inflammation.

https://www.google.com/search?q=does...t+cause+inflam

You didn't give your age: Being an older person can cause inflammation because the older you get the more likely it is that you will have some senescent cells in your body. These are old cells that are no longer functioning but not being replace by a process known as apoptosis.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sene...UIABCGAzIFCAAQ

How fasting can clear out old damaged cells:

https://www.lisatamati.com/blog/post...geingnew-post/

Old 02-07-2022, 10:36 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,000,279 times
I just concentrate on eating real food. Nothing processed. And no gluten, sugar or alcohol. None.

Old 02-08-2022, 11:58 AM

761 posts, read 445,570 times
I read, "The Inflammation-Free Diet Plan" a long time ago and what I remember being one of the worst things is baked goods made with white flour and sugar or just white flour, like bread.

I hardly ever think about it anymore because I mostly eat natural whole foods (about 99% of my diet).

Last edited by LongevitySeeker; 02-08-2022 at 12:08 PM..

Old 02-08-2022, 05:28 PM

Thanks everyone. I've researched the suggested threads, and already knew that acid foods are inflammatory (such as coffee, sugar, etc.) Talked with my orthopedist today and he agreed that an anti-inflammatory diet would be good for reducing the damage and inflammation to the muscles in my hip from a nasty fall 8 weeks ago.

Old 02-08-2022, 06:04 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,159,880 times
I am just going thru some preliminary indications of having an auto immune issue myself. My doctor recommended a book called Beat Autoimmune by Palmer Kippola. Most diseases are caused by inflammation. I just ordered it the other day off Amazon. Picked up a used copy for $8. It gets mostly 5 star reviews, many claiming it's a life changing book. My copy is still coming in the mail so can't give you my thoughts.

There are a lot of components to inflammation. Some folks are have food sensitivities worse than others. Inflation is also closely tied to the health of your gut.

The three biggest reasons people get sick with high inflammation are eating sugar, gluten, diary and processed foods. Just eliminating these (easier said than done) can work wonders.

Another interesting sub topic is the fact that the older we get, the lower our stomach acid. This can cause problems as well. I just started supplementing with Doctors Brand Betaine HCL Pepsin and Gentian Bitters.

Lot's too the inflammation topic!

Best of luck!!

Old 02-08-2022, 06:06 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Have you tried applying ice daily? Twice daily? That helps take down inflammation in a wide variety of cases: back pain/strained back muscles, carpal-tunnel, sprained ankle, etc.

Old 02-08-2022, 06:07 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone. I've researched the suggested threads, and already knew that acid foods are inflammatory (such as coffee, sugar, etc.) Talked with my orthopedist today and he agreed that an anti-inflammatory diet would be good for reducing the damage and inflammation to the muscles in my hip from a nasty fall 8 weeks ago.
Ice packs, or frozen-vegetable packs.

Old 02-08-2022, 06:09 PM

Yes, I think if it weren't for doing that, the PT would have been even worse. For now, I'm supposed to stop Physical Therapy, keep up the ice/heat alternation and take some Celebrex for a while (reduce inflammation). Also doing stretching and simple yoga.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss