Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 06:28 PM

1 posts, read 2,240 times

Advertisements

Rheumy doesn't think I have Sjogrens (which I hope I don't) based on blood, urine tests and physical exam. Although I have the extreme dry mouth (worsening but also on A/D and other Rx's which dry mouth common side affect) burning mouth syndrome, recently canker sores and dry eyes. Anyhow, trying gluten free but have been buying the gluten free bread and some frozen meals. Unfortunately, I lost 2 more lbs in 5 days and I don't need to lose anymore weight (have had 16 lbs unexplained weight loss over last year). So how do you maintain a Paleo diet and find enough to eat (craving my pasta like crazy) without losing more weight. The link listed above to the ms diet does work. Can you re-post the link?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 10:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,179 times
Default Itching head

[quote=Ann Willis;4425470]Myfanwy I apologise for gate crashing your thread but I am unable to find my way around. I google Sjogren's and came to this site but have come to a full stop. If anyone is reading and can redirect me I would be very grateful.

I am very newly diagnosed and am totally ignorant.

What I was wanting to know about is mainly my hair and nails. My hair is so dry I have to wash it every second day (even though my hairdresser says it doesn't need it and I am drying it out.) It is so unbearably itchy and dry the water seems to help.

With my nails they split across but way up on the nail bed. I have just been thinking maybe this is also part of the problem.i,]

I went thru the same situation, I thought washing my hair would solve the problem, but it would relief for one day only. I figured out that I was eating something that gave me allergy, that's why I was itching.
Try watch what you are eating, and slowly change your diet, I'm sure you will feel better and the itch will disappear. Mine is gone!! God Bless You!!1

Old 09-07-2015, 01:14 PM

2 posts, read 3,532 times
Thumbs up Good Food !

Very nice set of posts. I, too, am new to this. Some of you are knowledgeable veterans now.
Love my doctor. She applies functional medicine.
When I told her I was unwilling to use meds as a primary solution, she listened.
We are using nutrition, exercise, and vitamins.
In 3 to 6 months, a new full set of blood work to compare results. We will discuss the next step at that point.

In all of the posts I read...and some I only scanned, I never saw any mention of a food sensitivity and allergy test.

These were so helpful in determining the cause of my inflammation, skin rash, and stomach irritation.
I have followed the recommendations solidly. When I mess up, my body tells me.

I feel like a new person these past few months. Friends & Relatives are sometimes less than understanding, but I have learned to brush off their nevativity.

I would be interested to read about others' testing in this area
due to my own positive results.

My younger sister ends up having the same thing. She opted to
take the meds. She dislikes the side effects, and is also awaiting
A full ANA follow-up.
We are both intrigued as to our outcomes.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:48 AM

2 posts, read 3,532 times
Default Good Food 2

Five months after changing my nutrition, my ANA panel was redone. My numbers are way down.
The number went from 1280 to 320. Proof to me that my body needed this dietary change. I haven't really
changed anything else.

Symptoms are generally the same: dry mouth, dry eyes, and some sausage-finger feeling in the morning.

I did add a peppercorn to enhance absorption of my daily turmeric. My inflammation has diminished since adding this to my morning routine.

All the best to everyone reading the forum.

Old 06-22-2016, 01:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,456 times
Thanks for all the information on this site. Please continue to post as I learn so much from each of you. Love the strict diet idea....I'm trying it starting today. Not diagnosed as of yet but I plan to ask at next dr visit....what is the answer for legumes...some say we can eat them others say to stay away from them. Some list only 4 oz of protein a day others state a few oz per meal....would love to get your feed back on a daily menu. Thanks again. Here's to great health!

Old 06-22-2016, 04:31 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Checked out this Sjogrens Syndrome on Google=
Sjogren's syndrome - Mayo Clinic

Other than recommending plenty of water intake i dont see any recommendations for a special diet.

Old 06-10-2017, 02:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,192 times
Try some Tea Tree Oil Shampoo.

Old 10-08-2017, 04:14 PM

2 posts, read 2,049 times
Default Question for Myfanwy Swansea

Dear Myfanwy Swansea,
I am new to this but am having such a hard time with Sjogren's pain and many other symptoms and take low dose prednisone daily,that I decided to try your diet. I got the grain book you mentioned and am reading it now. It would be so helpful to me if you could possibly tell me what you eat for breakfast. I am not sure I can eat lunch or dinner for breakfast as is suggested. Thank you for any help you can give me with this question. And thanks so much to you and the other Sjogrens sufferers for the shared information. Sincerely JStep3342

Old 10-08-2017, 05:34 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStep3342 View Post
Dear Myfanwy Swansea,
I am new to this but am having such a hard time with Sjogren's pain and many other symptoms and take low dose prednisone daily,that I decided to try your diet. I got the grain book you mentioned and am reading it now. It would be so helpful to me if you could possibly tell me what you eat for breakfast. I am not sure I can eat lunch or dinner for breakfast as is suggested. Thank you for any help you can give me with this question. And thanks so much to you and the other Sjogrens sufferers for the shared information. Sincerely JStep3342

That post was from 9 years ago, I don't think she is around to respond.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-08-2017, 08:20 PM

2 posts, read 2,049 times
Thanks Mikla 43. I didn't even notice the date. Really appreciate your reply. JStep3342
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss