Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 03:38 PM

22 posts, read 371,310 times

Advertisements

Yes, I take a one a day vitamin for over 50's women and I take Cod Liver Oil and Calcium with Magnesium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 03:41 PM

My nails split and almost everything you mentioned, I have. It's not 100% gone away. maybe the damage from grains was done and it's not entirely reversible?

Old 03-06-2011, 03:49 PM

No, I'm in Edmonton and I've actually quit going to the doctor ~ they think I'm a nut I'm sure. So I'm managing this all alone with the no grain-legumes-caffeine diet. I have my life back since I quit eating grains. I know some people will disagree with this diet but it's working for me.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:52 PM

I have tears in my eyes from your warm words of encouragement. Thank you so much. I knew if one person was helped then it was a good thing. Hugs to you and the best of health in future. See if you can find the book "Going Against The Grain" by Melissa Diane Smith. It will guide you more on why this is happening.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:34 PM

1 posts, read 5,721 times
DIAGNOSED WITH SJOGRENS two years ago

Eyes are dry, severe light sensativity, dry throat weight loss progressing.

Using Restasis, side effects are worse than the sjogrens symptoms.

Celliac diet makes sense going to try it.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:58 PM

4,152 posts, read 7,947,006 times
I think fish oil capsules help. I notice that my dry eye is bad when I forget to take these. If I resume a day later its better. I"ve also read that fish oil supplements are good for dry eyes and they help deal with inflammation.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:39 PM

3 posts, read 19,506 times
Default Sjogren's Diet and Beswt Products I have tried

Hello, Fellow Travelers through this unknown land of Sjogren's!

I am 59 years old, and recently discovered I have Sjogren's, which I have
apparently been afflicted with for about 40 years.

My symptoms have been occasional outbreaks of erythema nodosum along the long bones of my shins and forearms, some occasional mottled skin on my arms and skin fragility where I will cut easily, recently extreme sun sensitivity where I get "sun poisoning" relatively quickly, dry, red, burning eyes (5 rounds of antibiotic eye drops so far this year--can no longer wear contact lenses), slightly dry mouth, occasional swollen joints with pain, occasional blue fingertips, occasional cough, occasional bouts of hair loss and regrowth, fragile, easily broken skin on my arms, dry sinuses with recurrent infections (5 this year), one instance of liver enzymes being "off" which are OK now, on and off fibromyalgia, and bouts of extreme, extreme, extreme fatigue. I think that is it.

Over the years i have stumbled across things that have made me feel better. It is funny how I managed to stumble across things over the years that I see now on the blogs do work though I did not have a diagnosis.

First of all, a "mediterranean diet", high in oils like olive. High quality protein from fish, primarily salmon, tuna, but all of them most especially wild caught cold water fish. Your skin and organs need quality protein.

Best water source is a Kangen filter. This gives you highly micronized, highly oxygenated alkaline water. Obtainable from
Bobby Smith
Executive Vice President
Susan Cohan Kasdas Colon Cancer Foundation
o 414-561-5176
c 414-977-8777
f 414-561-4772
www.coloncancerfoundation.org

Secondly is a new anti-aging nutritional supplement that comes directly from cancer research at Purdue. I took this for 4 months, felt great, then stopped because of the $50/month price tag. What a mistake! I am back on it, needless to say. Order VITALITY from
Nuskin/Pharmanex (800) 487-1000 You don't have to become a distributor. but it costs nothing to do so. Order authorization code is
US0692389
See more at
:
Concerned about the changes that come with aging? Click here

Other products I found that work are:
HairSil accelerator shampoo and Treatment, Universal Products, Clinton Township, MI (877) 778-4472
Curel Sensitive Skin Remedy (new product--strengthens skin--BEST)
Systane Ultra or Similisan Eye Drops every couple of hours
Packing my eyes with Vaseline after the drops at night
Saline Nasal Spray, morning and night--generic works
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Skin Therapy Oil with Cetesomate-E (a little greasy)
Aveeno lotions
For Facial Skin--from NuSkin/Pharmanex above-TruFace Essence Ultra
is awesome.
NanoPak Nutritional product from NuSkin is a great addition to your diet.

Massage is wonderful. If you have a MiGun center near you get in for the free massage. You will be amazed at how great it is. I did it several times a week and it is very healing but also dehydrating so you have to be careful. It did miracles for my back/joint pain.

Best of luck to all of us! Here's to praying for a cure.

Last edited by bonniesc; 04-04-2011 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: misspelled

Old 04-28-2011, 02:51 PM

2 posts, read 13,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfanwy Swansea View Post
My nails split and almost everything you mentioned, I have. It's not 100% gone away. maybe the damage from grains was done and it's not entirely reversible?
When I view this thread, I see a string of several posts by you but it makes no mention as to which post or who you're replying to.

It's just a bunch of responses strung together. Are you replying to people earlier in the thread? Or to PMs? Or are there posts in between yours that I can't see?

Your responses would be much more helpful if I could see what your replying to. Thanks.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:27 AM

3 posts, read 19,506 times
I have one post only, and it is a reply to Toria T

Old 05-07-2011, 05:00 AM

2 posts, read 13,797 times
Default grains and sjogren's

I'm very interested in your idea about grains. I, too, have found some relief by going gluten free, but it's not enough. At 55 I have no hot flashes at all, unless I eat more than 2 servings of grain per day. After two days of no grains I started to notice a bit of lifting of that brain fog you describe. I will be starting your grain free diet today. Do you eat potatoes? What about millet? (I know it's a grain, but I do love my millet bread.)

Thanks for sharing your discovery!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss