Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 01:11 AM

1 posts, read 4,695 times

Advertisements

i have been having close to the same problem. here's the kicker though. i am not gluten intolerant. i do have allergies to wheat, soy, rye, corn, and nuts BUT i am not allergic to rice or eggs and they make me sick too! I have been tested for diabetes and the liver panel, nothing came of that. I will say that i do have hypothyroid and chronic constipation, i dont know if that has anything to do with it. as for the bloating and head fog and overall feeling like crap I couldnt tell you enough that i know EXACTLY how you feel. I know that there is more to blood sugar than diabetes, but what exactly im not sure, and also there are food intolerances and sensitivities that will not show up on an allergy test because it is not an allergy. this is very important: do you have bits of food in your stool? such as white flecks after eating rice? i do, and this may indicate that you do not digest certain foods. i would bet though, from how you describe it that you do not have this symptom. you really should see a doc, a GI doc as well (though they havent helped me, they may help you) also its never a good idea to begin a new diet without the consent of a doctor, i would say eliminate all the foods that make you feel bad. celebrities (more than you would ever know) avoid breads all together and stick to veggies, fruits and meat (there are no carbs in meat but there are carbs in veggies and fruits are all carb, simple ones) if they can do it and survive (and look freaking good) why cant we? also, maybe try some off the wall grains like amaranth and arrowroot or millet. health food stores have a variety of things that i cannot even name. i would have to agree with the person who said DO NOT eat processed grains. only whole, not just products made WITH whole grain, but products that ARE whole grain, like brown rice or oats. breads, pastas, crackers, all the boxed convenient foods are not healthy for ANYONE. they arent natural and they arent whole. If you decide to try any of the array of other grains i mentioned, and you still have problems, you may have a gastric emptying problem, where your stomach contents empty into your small intestine either too quickly or too slowly, or you may have an variety of other conditions or something that does indeed involve your blood sugar levels. PCOS involves insulin resistance but is not diabetes. there are many possibilities and i am not a doctor so dont rely on what i have said. bottom line you need a doctor to get started on some testing and it may take some time and you may have to be an $#$hole to get them to care for you properly, but its worth it for your health. diabetes and related conditions are like backyards in developed nations, almost everyone has one, and its all because we are doing things to food that were not meant to be done and eating things that our bodies arent built to digest. let me know if you have any luck. i can give you my email. i would consider it a great favor if you share your stories with me, i could use the help!

thanks
brandy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 03:55 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,934 times
You could be blood type O. Os do not tolerate carbs are well as other blood groups. The low carb diet works best for Os. I've been on it since the late 90s. Diets that might work for you include the Zone, Eat Right For your Type, possibly South Beach. I favor ER4YT. It's the only diet that works or makes sense to me.

The Blood Type Diet :: Peter D'Adamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristaleigh View Post
When I eat grains - not just gluten containing grains, all grains - I get headaches, muscle soreness, bloated, cannot digest food properly, lethargic, hot, I cannot breathe deeply enough, and I know this sounds strange but I feel a mental fog and heaviness in my head, if that makes sense - like I took a couple Benadryl. Even too much fruit or a large baked potato makes me feel just run down and like I weigh 300 lbs. I just feel so slow and uncomfortable - but mainly it makes me feel mentally lethargic and clouded. This is NOT due to overeating so please no questions about portion. This happens when I eat even small amounts. Can some not process carbs/sugar? I do not have any symptoms of diabetes or hyper/hypoglycemia that I have found online. What's the deal???

Old 09-03-2008, 03:56 PM

30 posts, read 124,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbrandyxx View Post
i have been having close to the same problem. here's the kicker though. i am not gluten intolerant. i do have allergies to wheat, soy, rye, corn, and nuts BUT i am not allergic to rice or eggs and they make me sick too! I have been tested for diabetes and the liver panel, nothing came of that. I will say that i do have hypothyroid and chronic constipation, i dont know if that has anything to do with it. as for the bloating and head fog and overall feeling like crap I couldnt tell you enough that i know EXACTLY how you feel. I know that there is more to blood sugar than diabetes, but what exactly im not sure, and also there are food intolerances and sensitivities that will not show up on an allergy test because it is not an allergy. this is very important: do you have bits of food in your stool? such as white flecks after eating rice? i do, and this may indicate that you do not digest certain foods. i would bet though, from how you describe it that you do not have this symptom. you really should see a doc, a GI doc as well (though they havent helped me, they may help you) also its never a good idea to begin a new diet without the consent of a doctor, i would say eliminate all the foods that make you feel bad. celebrities (more than you would ever know) avoid breads all together and stick to veggies, fruits and meat (there are no carbs in meat but there are carbs in veggies and fruits are all carb, simple ones) if they can do it and survive (and look freaking good) why cant we? also, maybe try some off the wall grains like amaranth and arrowroot or millet. health food stores have a variety of things that i cannot even name. i would have to agree with the person who said DO NOT eat processed grains. only whole, not just products made WITH whole grain, but products that ARE whole grain, like brown rice or oats. breads, pastas, crackers, all the boxed convenient foods are not healthy for ANYONE. they arent natural and they arent whole. If you decide to try any of the array of other grains i mentioned, and you still have problems, you may have a gastric emptying problem, where your stomach contents empty into your small intestine either too quickly or too slowly, or you may have an variety of other conditions or something that does indeed involve your blood sugar levels. PCOS involves insulin resistance but is not diabetes. there are many possibilities and i am not a doctor so dont rely on what i have said. bottom line you need a doctor to get started on some testing and it may take some time and you may have to be an $#$hole to get them to care for you properly, but its worth it for your health. diabetes and related conditions are like backyards in developed nations, almost everyone has one, and its all because we are doing things to food that were not meant to be done and eating things that our bodies arent built to digest. let me know if you have any luck. i can give you my email. i would consider it a great favor if you share your stories with me, i could use the help!

thanks
brandy
Check into Candida Albicans, not sure there is a test for it but you can google it and get an idea, there are a lot of unexplainable symptoms with CA that sound like yours, worth a shot, good luck!

Old 01-14-2010, 09:49 AM

4 posts, read 12,119 times
Default Might be yeast overgrowth

Sounds like it could be Candida overgrowth. Do you have other symptoms like skin problems or eye floaters. Fix it soon because you could eventually end up with something terrible like colitis or crohns. Almost all health issues can be traced to an unhealthy gut flora ... we can thank all the crap preservatives (antibiotics really) in 99% of the food in the grocery store, GMO crops, pesticides, and all that other nasty artificial stuff made from other industry waste products...

Maybe try organic or even non-US foods like wheat- everything we eat is totally bastardized (and killing us). Essentially all corn,wheat,soy,canola in the US must be assumed GMO now, unless it is labeled otherwise. All beef,pork,and even poultry must be assumed to have been fed antibiotics and raised on an unnatural diet now, unless labeled otherwise. Avoid them and everything that comes from them or that they are in. These are the foods you find in every regular grocery, fast food, and restaurant.

You don't have to give up on milk either- try organic, or even better would be raw unpasteurized. Then there's other animal milks as well like goat...

Old 03-30-2010, 10:27 AM

1 posts, read 3,530 times
Once I began eating a "non-processed" diet everything went away. No hip pain no joint pain, not so darn tired I wanna cry, headaches gone and I feel like a whole new energetic clearheaded person. I eat chicken, fruits, veggies, fish (very little i.e. tuna) and a little cheese. I eat none or very little breads, processed meats, breaded meats and veggies, foods with more than 2 to 3 grams carbs per 8 oz liquid serving I never count the calories or carbs of fruits and veggies except potatoes, corn, peas, bananas. A diabetic diet is useful for people with the sensitivity to either the carbs, wheat or sugars in foods. give it a try. With a clear head I do better in college and I am not so tired I can't spend active time with my children ages eleven and one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss