Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2008, 08:59 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,271,814 times

Advertisements

Hey!
I am just sharing my links with you guys. I used these to get to a healthy weight from an lower end obese class 1 weight. (more than just fat but REAL health risk level BMI & waist size determined). I got fat because I never had to watch my weight and then the freshmen 15 turned into the freshmen 50+.(thank you takeout food,drinking and medications) I kicked my loss off with improving my food choices, did a master cleanse (short 4 day, not 10 day) and kept the ball rolling from there. I have kept it off to this current range 130's for over 2 years or so now with only being dedicated to not overeating. I have been in the healthy range for over 5 years. Exercise was spotty here and there. Mobility issues were affecting me. But anyway...
It really is as simple as stepping away from the fork. You just have to know when to say when and never calling it quits.

I hope this helps! If nothing else its something to read instead of snacking!

CALORIE COUNTING HELPERS:

Calculator To Add Up Cals for Recipes:
Recipe Calculator

You Can Look Up & Track Calories too:
Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople

Simple site to help determine you needs without signing up: (Info too!)
Free Diet Plans and Weight Loss Programs

Other places to look up cals (some sites lack certain things)
Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, Food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate
CalorieKing - Diet and weight loss. Calorie Counter and more.
Calorie Counter Database - Free Online Diet Program
__________________________________________________ _____________________
INFO SITES

Site with a lot to read about diets:
Diet Plan-Weight Loss Program-Free Diets-Calorie Counting-Low Carb Recipes-Diet Program

Diet & Diet Pill Reviews/Details
Skinny on Diets

Nice site to grab info for packing on muscle and read reviews of product:
Bodybuilding.com - The Future Of Bodybuilding! Huge Bodybuilding Site.
Another one:
TESTOSTERONE NATION | The World's Fastest Growing Nation of Bodybuilding and Strength Training Enthusiasts

Great site to see how many cals your burn,
when you will reach your goal weights and other calculators for weightloss
Free Calorie Counter, Weight Loss Calculators, and Weight Loss Tutorial | CaloriesPerHour.com

Info on how to determine your goal weight based on your health fat percentage
needs rather than the general BMI that can be misleading for muscular or very flabby people.
You can also determine you calories needs based on lean mass*
Understanding Your Body Fat Percentage

And just a visual to show how different people will look based on lean mass and frame size:
Photographic Height
__________________________________________________ ___________
ALTERNATIVE HEALTH TYPE STUFF:

Master Cleanse recipe & how to online:
The Master Cleanse

Interested in Yoga?:
Yoga Info, News, Pictures, Forum, Shop, Travel and Community

__________________________________________________ ____
* = link to lean mass:
Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs
Click "advanced options"
Select " Lean Mass"
Enter in Body Fat % in the empty box

Just a final word:
I have also read a lot of diet books and fad diets etc...They all revolve on the two core priniciples of calories and quality. Every single one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss