Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 12:54 PM

691 posts, read 2,329,036 times

Advertisements

Cut out the t.v. You did not mention the age of your daughter, she should be involved in an exercise activity after school, or be doing her homework after school, so that when you get home, have a quick, healthy dinner, I usually eat a salad, egg white scramble, simple food, no need to waste time in kitchen, cooking and cleaning. Then, if she needs help with homework, that needs to be done, then a quick walk/jog to park down the street, come home, put things out for school/work tomorrow, do a yoga tape before bed, crunches, take a shower, bed. Sometimes, get up earlier, do some yoga exercises for 45 minutes in morning.

Friday nights, we used to go shopping at store, come home together, and fix the vegetables in the fridge for the next week, cut, wash, bag.

Saturday, get up early, clean the house, then, salsa dance tape, We liked the "sexy stripper" tape, just for fun.

Sunday, we usually went rollerblading, or biking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 12:15 AM

163 posts, read 420,344 times
Wii fit....get it. real easy to use.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:21 AM

6 posts, read 11,305 times
I get up at 5 exercise for 45 minutes and am out of the house by 6:30. I never feel like doing it after work so if I don't do it in the morning it doesn't get done. It rough at first but you get used to it after a few days. Be sure to eat a healthy breakfast after.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:43 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,160 times
As soon as I get up (after doing my morning hygiene; brush teeth, wash face, and go to the toilet), I put my shirt, shorts, and jogging shoes on and go for my jog/run in the morning (or go for a long 1 hour walk, whatever day it is). Some light weight training for 10-15 minutes after. So, I go about 1 hour and 15 minutes in the morning. Then I go about my day the rest of the day.

Then in the evening, I'll do either Yoga or Pilates for 30 minutes.

But if it's way too cold in the morning, I'll do my Leslie Sansone 5 mile walking challenge or one of my Aerobics DVD's that is 100 minutes long (it has both aerobics, light weight training, and Pilates all rolled into 1 DVD).

All this before I turn on the T.V. or anything else.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:43 PM

91 posts, read 191,505 times
I find 2 to 3 days a week and focus on getting in an hour of intense exercise. Usually that is just doing a fairly quick jog... about 4 or 5 miles worth. Basketball at other times...

Old 10-28-2009, 07:10 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,803,734 times
How old is your daughter? That will really define what kind of exercise you can do. Do you have a spouse/significant other?

I work out a couple times a week on my lunch break. I just take some leftovers to work to eat really fast after working out. Luckily, the gym is literally next door, so I can get a good 45 min workout and a shower. I do martial arts a couple times per week after I get my 3 year old daughter to bed. On the weekends, I do on walks (with her in a stroller) or hikes (with her in a backpack).

In your situation, I would make sure to do some kind of exercise with your daughter both Sat and Sun. During the week, try to fit workouts in as possible. Even 15 minutes of moderately intense cardio a few times a week will help. Does she like to dance? Maybe you could find some "dance" workout videos, like those cardio hip hop or zumba videos? You guys could do that together after school. You could be fun and silly and still get your heart pumping.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:23 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingon2vegas View Post
UPDATE: I was working out on my lunch break then... company downsized and the receptionist/executive admin were let go. Soooooooooooooooo take a wild guess what happened next!! LMBO You guessed it.... the 1 hr 15min gym lunchbreaks came to an end. lol

My daughter started a new school and she's in a magnet program (has to be there earlier then regular students). So I have to get her to school by 7am and I have to be to work by 8:30am. So..... I now work out 7am-8am and take my work clothes to the gym with me.

NOW.... if I can get my eating together... things would be GRAND!! LMBO
Good to read that you were able to get your exercising done. (I'm also jealous. Wish I had time)

Old 11-01-2009, 07:29 AM

71 posts, read 243,737 times
trying waking up and hour earlier so that you can get it done in the morning and not have to worry about taking time away from your daughter later in the day...it's hard at first but you will get used to it. this is a good site for at home workouts www.bodyrock.tv

Old 11-02-2009, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,495 times
Changing Your Life

Making a change in your life is about exerting a form of control over your life and your choices. 20 minutes a day is one of those changes that you can make and it's one that most of us - even at our busiest can find 20 minutes for.
Start your fitness plan today! Take action and follow through with your goals. Be sure to implement journal writing and daily exercise to ensure success. Write down a timeline on your calendar when you will reach your goals, then reward yourself when you do. Get a massage, go to a movie, or read a good book; do what makes you happy.

7 Tips on staying fit without going to the gym!
1. Buy arm weights for your home. Arm weights can be used while you're watching TV or talking on the phone. Start with 8-pound weights and do three sets of 15 bicep curls each day. After two months, graduate to 12- or 15-pound weights, and add another exercise to your repertoire.

2. Buy a fitness video. A 15-minute aerobic routine is an excellent, quick way to bring cardio into your life. Or if Pilates is more your style, invest in a Pilates video instead. Either way, whether your fitness style is high-impact aerobics or intense yoga, there are lots of great fitness videos that you can use in your own home.

3. Use your lunch hour wisely. A brisk 20-minute walk during your lunch hour is a great fitness solution, especially if you can do it three or four times each week.

4. Take 15 in the morning. Wake up 15 minutes earlier and do arm weights or a quick aerobic video routine.

5. Take 15 at night. Do 50 sit-ups and 50 push-ups tricep dips before you go to bed or while watching your favorite TV show each night.

6. Invest in a good pair of sneakers. Having the right equipment means you have one less excuse to avoid working out. Plus, once you glide into those comfy, bouncy new shoes, you'll want to run or walk practically everywhere.

7. Take a walk in the evening. This is an excellent fitness activity to do with a loved one or a close friend. Leave your cell phone behind and it can become a time for bonding and connecting with one another.

The important thing is just do it! More health and fitness tips at my blog [URL]http://www.ljhealth.blogspot.com[/URL]

Last edited by lorijones; 11-02-2009 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: accidently click save

Old 11-02-2009, 07:56 PM

591 posts, read 664,013 times
When I worked I got up at 5:30am got dress, and was at the gym at 6am. before work. not that I am retired I do the same thing. Its better for me
to get up, and start my day with the exercise. I try and stay at the gym for 45 mins. I trade off in weights, elliptical, stationery bikes, and cardio.
I lost 4 1/2 lbs this week because I cut way down in my carb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss