Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 02:08 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,092 times

Advertisements

All the foods on N.S. TV spots look like they are coated with a gray glaze. None of the actors say the food tastes great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 04:29 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,855,535 times
In the early days some of these programs had issues with the lack of fat and protein that was in the menu plans. people were loosing gauk bladders and hair as a result. There were a bunch of lawsuits that hit NS and others. like all menu plans, moderation and common sense.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:11 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,264 times
I agree with tropical trouble....the food is really not that great tasting and Jenny Craig food surpases nutri system! I lost 25 lbs easily on Jenny Craig and I think it is because I followed the plan to a T. The problem is, the food is very expensive, about 115 a week and that was 4 years ago, not sure what it is now. I know your question is about nutrisystem, but like someone said on here, it's all about portion size and you can make your own food that tastes much better. My mother did lose 54 lbs on nutrisystem, but she had a lot of weight to lose and I think she would of lost it anyways, because she just cut back the portions of what she was eating.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:46 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,486,079 times
I did nutrisystem back in the 80's. I lost weight, but as someone else said, they did not teach you to keep it off and I gained it all back plus some. I would not recommend any diet that uses prepackaged foods as a mainstay. When you go off, you haven't learned how to eat normal food. The diet that finally worked for me (and I've kept it off for 7 or 8 years now) was using normal everyday grocery store foods and learning how to eat in ways that satisfy me but are lower calorie. That way I learned how to eat normal everyday food while losing, and it was so much easier to adapt to a maintenance mode instead of gaining it all back.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I did nutrisystem back in the 80's. I lost weight, but as someone else said, they did not teach you to keep it off and I gained it all back plus some. I would not recommend any diet that uses prepackaged foods as a mainstay. When you go off, you haven't learned how to eat normal food. The diet that finally worked for me (and I've kept it off for 7 or 8 years now) was using normal everyday grocery store foods and learning how to eat in ways that satisfy me but are lower calorie. That way I learned how to eat normal everyday food while losing, and it was so much easier to adapt to a maintenance mode instead of gaining it all back.
That is the best way and less expensive too

Old 03-18-2009, 07:50 AM

1 posts, read 9,968 times
Default Nutrisystem failure

I went on Nutrisystem in January and stayed on it for a month. I seemed to lose 4 lbs., but after going out to eat one meal, one day, I gained 2 lbs. back. I ate a bit too much bread, but only 2 chicken wings, 2 vegies and no dessert.

The food is horrible and honestly I can eat about anything. My brother went on it for 2 months and didn't lose any weight either. He sent me a huge bag of his left over food and with no surprise, it was the same stuff that was left over in my own box that I couldn't get down. The chicken salad is so disgusting that I threw all of it out after the first packet. Anything that has "chicken/noodles" in it simply cannot be called food. The hearty beef stew made me gag. The only edible things are the cereals (except for the bran one-yuk), the chicken barley soup and the peanut butter bars. The items with beef are slightly better than anything that has what appears to be hamburger in it. THose things got tossed after the first meal. The pizza tastes like cardboard with some odd sauce on it. The company told me I could have sent back the items I didn't like, but I was so disgusted with the entire experience that I threw most of this stuff in the garbage.

My advice is don't waste your money. Try something else.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:43 PM

I found you can get nutri system food at Big Lots for cheap. I have no idea why they carry the food but it's half the price. I buy the luch items there as they are only 1.00. I will agree the nutrisystem food isn't very good. I really prefere all the lunch items nutrisystem has more than the dinner items. Most of the dinners are full of noodles and I am not a pasta person to begin with. My favorite is the minestrone soup and split pea soup. Also the apple cinnamon oatmeal is good. It doesn't take like instant at all, it taste like the good ole quaker oatmeal. You really can do the same thing on your own buying food from the grocery store.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:04 AM

1 posts, read 9,731 times
Well, first of all this is a very honest review of the food on Nutrisystem. I went on it on July 7/09. I have to say that i am european and have been raised with very tasty food. My mom was and is a great cook, always had resturant style food at home baked by mom. The food on nutrisystem isn't that bad, honestly!!! some of the stuff like the Black Bean soup and the chili is amazing!!! nevermind the peanut butterr bars for breakfast. I have been on it for 8 days and i can honestly say the one food that i can't seem to eat is their chicken noddle soup. Keep in mind i am not a fan of chicken soup. I just couldn't eat it. I have had their pizza which is actually good, NOT GREAt but good. Honestly the only issue i have had is with their chicken nooddle. There desserts are great as well. Keep in mind, you are trying to lose weight, so the portions are smaller then what i am used to. I have lost 4.4 lbs in 8 days, so really i can very happy with this program. I have the 20 day plan with weekends off. I enjoy the fact of eating what i want on the weekend( small portions) and during the week while i hardly have time to cook, i have NT food; its easy and actually TASTES GOOD. Well i hope that this helps a few people out. Not everyone has the same taste buds as me so i guess that is why some say they hate it but i dont! i like the food. I want to lose 35 lbs and i am short. (5 feet) hope this helps.

Last edited by StaceyNT; 07-16-2009 at 08:17 AM..

Old 07-16-2009, 08:09 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,734,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyNT View Post
I want to lose 35 lbs and i am short. (5 feet) hope this helps..
Why don't you just eat the same quantity and quality of food (using the supermarket as your source) that nutrisystem sells you?

What happens if you achieve your goal of losing 35 poudns? Will you stay on nutrisystem forever?

Will you keep the weight off forever?

Old 07-17-2009, 12:38 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times
Instead of wasting the money on Nutrisystem, go pick up a copy of The South Beach Diet. They both follow the same principles (low-glycemic) and you will lose weight on them, but with South Beach you'll have more control over how the food tastes plus you'll actually understand how the diet is working. Another diet that is really good is the Abs Diet. It too, follows the same basic principles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss