Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 12:57 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,403,121 times

Advertisements

I think WW is much better IMO. The nutri system meals have so much salt in them, at least with WW you are not stuck eating their frozen meals. You can make your own which I do.I do like WW frozen desserts and some of their snack cakes.
I have lost 52 lbs so far. 25 more to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,824 times
I did NS 4 yrs. old and I have kept the weight off. People complain about they don't teach how to keep the weight off, as an adult we should take the responsibility of learning how to maintain keeping the weight off, eating the proportions like you did on the program. The food is not horrible b/c you customize your menu yourself. I've tried JC, WW, ED and all the foods taste about the same. It's all pre-packaged, so how would you expect it to taste. Sodium intake for JC:500 mg/WW:560 mg NS:260 mg NS costs much less than either one of the previously mentioned programs. Any and all programs do work if you exercise, which is something most Americans don't like to do.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:21 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,768,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbol88 View Post
I did NS 4 yrs. old and I have kept the weight off. People complain about they don't teach how to keep the weight off, as an adult we should take the responsibility of learning how to maintain keeping the weight off, eating the proportions like you did on the program. The food is not horrible b/c you customize your menu yourself. I've tried JC, WW, ED and all the foods taste about the same. It's all pre-packaged, so how would you expect it to taste. Sodium intake for JC:500 mg/WW:560 mg NS:260 mg NS costs much less than either one of the previously mentioned programs. Any and all programs do work if you exercise, which is something most Americans don't like to do.
The Weight Watchers program doesn't require using their brand of foods at all. They make some meals and snack bars and such, as a convenience to those members who want some convenience foods. They stress home cooking, eating whole foods that don't need a lot of fancy preparation, and sensible eating when you're dining out. You absolutely positively do -not- have to eat a single morsel of Weight Watchers brand of foods, in order to succeed on the Weight Watchers program. The food is an add-on, and not part of the program itself.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:37 PM

175 posts, read 279,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlalonde View Post
I loved Nutrisystem foods; there's no secret that if you eat portions as small as they supplied you, you'd lose weight. Also, their small plastic serving dishes make great cat food dishes! If I could afford it I'd do it again in a heartbeat!
Agreed. I loved Nutrisystem. I did not mistake the food for fine cuisine, but it was on par with any frozen meal and some of them are actually pretty tasty. I believe I lost 9 pounds the month I was on it, which is pretty amazing considering I have some endocrine imbalances that impede my weight loss efforts. I could only afford it one month but I would do it long-term if finances allowed.

Old 07-06-2014, 08:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,372 times
Default Nutrisystem program

They have a money back guarantee, if in 14 days you are not satisfied they will refund your money. So many posts say the food was terrible, some gave away others threw in the trash. Why? Why didn't you return for a refund? Did it take longer than 14 days to figure out he food tasted terrible?

Just wondering........

Old 07-06-2014, 01:03 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,486,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fladeb View Post
They have a money back guarantee, if in 14 days you are not satisfied they will refund your money. So many posts say the food was terrible, some gave away others threw in the trash. Why? Why didn't you return for a refund? Did it take longer than 14 days to figure out he food tasted terrible?

Just wondering........
I think people are willing to eat icky food if they lose weight. It's when they figure out they're eating icky food AND not losing weight that they get upset, and the NS counselors can usually come up with excuses why you're not losing weight for at least the first 2 weeks, then it's too late. JMHO.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:11 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,437,617 times
Several years ago, I wanted to lose a few pounds and started Nutrisystem. I wasn't overweight, but weighed more than desired. I did lose, but I didn't like the program. The entrees tasted greasy, like they are full of fat, which is the opposite of what I like. WW does not taste greasy. Back when this occurred, I was only obligated for the first month and that's all I did. It worked, but was not what I expected.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:16 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,218,212 times
The food is disgusting and inedible in my opinion. Was not even able to get past the first two weeks and could not find any of the food I could stomach. No way I could continue with that nasty stuff.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:47 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,789,220 times
I have done both Jenny Craig and Nutrisytem a number of years ago. I lost weight with both, but both are the kinds of programs where you lose weight because you cant afford the food, so you starve. Yes I gained the weight back. Maybe more, if memory serves.

Out here in California there is another controlled portions program called Medifast. Talk guy on the radio claims to have lost 150 lbs over the course of a year, but he also talks of significant lifestyle changes, including several days a week at the gym.

I myself have lost over 50 lbs in the past 13 months dues to a significant change in diet and a reasonable exercise program consisting mostly of walking. I have weighed in at under 200 lbs for 3-4 months for the first time since maybe 1980.

People who have posted here are absolutely correct. You dont have to spend big bucks on special food to lose weight. You can shop smartly and do every bit as well. And you can keep it off by eating every bit as smartly and keeping up even basic exercise.

See, the problem in America is most people have bought into the Big Pharma solution. Most people in America think they can sit on their fat asses all day, watch TV, eat all the pizza and hamburgers and hot dogs and lasagna and wash it down with beer and soda, and then just take that magic pill and the weight will magically disappear.

Well, there aint no such thing as magic. I ought to know. I gave up baked goods, sugary soft drinks, ice cream, pizza, and a lot of other foods I loved as long as 10 years ago and never lost weight.

As a Type 2 diabetic, I found my life changed when I started reading some very good books about diet written by doctors who while addressing diabetes, also offer good advice to everyone, diabetic or not. Dr Bernstein's The Diabetes Book, Dr Hyman's The Blood Sugar Solution, Dr Barnard's Foods That Fight Pain. Dont waste your time chasing this diet or that. It aint about diet. It's ALL about nutrition and lifestyle changes. Yeah there is some contradicting information and advice among them. That's why God gave us brains - to think and evaluate what might work for us.

Let me repeat - there is no magic. But you can eat well, and eat delicious food, and lose weight, but you have to be willing to cut portions and do a little work, even if the exercise is moderate.

And remember - weight loss is not a goal. It is a journey!

Old 07-08-2014, 11:05 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
The food is disgusting and inedible in my opinion. Was not even able to get past the first two weeks and could not find any of the food I could stomach. No way I could continue with that nasty stuff.
totally agree. It all started tasting the same after a week.

When in doubt read the TOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss