Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 01:52 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,708,755 times

Advertisements

I still think my colon could use a minor "blowing"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Sounds like it blew more than your mind.

I stand by my comment that simply eating right, getting enough fiber, and drinking enough water is far better than "blowing" your colon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 01:56 PM

8,410 posts, read 39,314,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Sounds like it blew more than your mind.

I stand by my comment that simply eating right, getting enough fiber, and drinking enough water is far better than "blowing" your colon.
Well we will talk about it after you experiment with getting blown. LOL

Old 12-09-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
coffee, huh? do grande, extra caramel-caramel lattes count? I have a feeling, no they don't! I would like to know more about your juice fast. I just feel like I'd like to take a break from eating for a day or two. I agree about getting more fiber, it's the motivation that's my problem.
thank you for your insight, "pitt".

LOL...well they work on the blowing and anti-oxidant part...now as for the sugar and hormones in the milk...I think they may just cancel each other out...LOL

That breakfast shake thing I post will get you tons of fiber and is a perfect cheap breakfast replacement. You can always fool around with the flavors when you have it breakfast. I like chocolate(use carob/or dark + bloop of honey for sweetness) banana ones too. The berry ones make me feel best though.

I tried a ton of juice fasts but my favorite is the master cleanser. Its lemonade and water only. I modify it myself a bit to make it comfortable,cheaper, tasty, and safe.

Here is the book online but what I do:

~Lemonades - 12 usually with my total calorie count being 1200 at least
~Cayenne - take it as a shot pre-lemonade (chaser) Its gross in the drink
~Senna Tea - skip that its a laxative, use lemon pulp and ginger tea as a side beverage.
~Salt Water Flush - for the love of all thats holy skip this. A lot of people feel sick from it and I was one of them. Not to mention when you have to go...YOU HAVE TO GO. Its a stay around the house kinda day when you do this thing. Its for additional cleansing anyway and not good because it really flushes out your healthy bacteria which if you lack the proper follow up by giving yourself a high doses of that post cleanse..You are going to be constipated.
~ Only fast 1-3 days without medical supervision. Longer than that you risk various problems.
~ Do not fast if you are on medications or have used steroids in the past 6 months
~ Use another form of BC after your cleanse to avoid unwanted pregnancy while you reset yourself on that post cleanse. Take it as you just started again day one fresh.
~ Do not fast if you have any serious health complications or question if you do. You should talk to a doctor and get a check up first.

recipe etc and how to break the fast :
The Master Cleanse

There are a couple recipes and tips at the bottom of that page too.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:48 AM

thanks "pitt", I'll look into it. I just need a little "jump start", sugar is probably my worst vice: alcohol, coffee, sweets, etc. I think if I could cut out sugar for a few days, I would see a big change.
no chances of unwanted pregnancy-I can't even get a date! ha!
did you lose weight doing this cleanse? was it actual fat or just water weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
LOL...well they work on the blowing and anti-oxidant part...now as for the sugar and hormones in the milk...I think they may just cancel each other out...LOL

That breakfast shake thing I post will get you tons of fiber and is a perfect cheap breakfast replacement. You can always fool around with the flavors when you have it breakfast. I like chocolate(use carob/or dark + bloop of honey for sweetness) banana ones too. The berry ones make me feel best though.

I tried a ton of juice fasts but my favorite is the master cleanser. Its lemonade and water only. I modify it myself a bit to make it comfortable,cheaper, tasty, and safe.

Here is the book online but what I do:

~Lemonades - 12 usually with my total calorie count being 1200 at least
~Cayenne - take it as a shot pre-lemonade (chaser) Its gross in the drink
~Senna Tea - skip that its a laxative, use lemon pulp and ginger tea as a side beverage.
~Salt Water Flush - for the love of all thats holy skip this. A lot of people feel sick from it and I was one of them. Not to mention when you have to go...YOU HAVE TO GO. Its a stay around the house kinda day when you do this thing. Its for additional cleansing anyway and not good because it really flushes out your healthy bacteria which if you lack the proper follow up by giving yourself a high doses of that post cleanse..You are going to be constipated.
~ Only fast 1-3 days without medical supervision. Longer than that you risk various problems.
~ Do not fast if you are on medications or have used steroids in the past 6 months
~ Use another form of BC after your cleanse to avoid unwanted pregnancy while you reset yourself on that post cleanse. Take it as you just started again day one fresh.
~ Do not fast if you have any serious health complications or question if you do. You should talk to a doctor and get a check up first.

recipe etc and how to break the fast :
The Master Cleanse

There are a couple recipes and tips at the bottom of that page too.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:06 PM

If you have a really bad diet I would only do a one day version. Do it once a week for a month before trying a longer one. I didn't reduce much in fat cells but colon stuff that may as well been fat cells because they added a gut on me. But I didn't do it for weightloss. I don't like the way low calorie detox fasts feel.

In three days I only cut a total of 1800 calories and thats only about half a pound. I suggest to go higher calorie. IT feels better and afterwards your normal weight loss activities will be more effective on the detoxed body. Its seriously freaky. Or maybe just freaky to me because I thought it was all b.s. before I tried it.

If you know anyone thats stalled on diets you should share the link with them and the modified tips.
You may start to be repulsed by sweetness too. Just a warning is to go easy on bad food type things right after. The stuff your body doesn't like will make you feel a bit ill. I found a few hidden food allergies that way (which also keep on weight- eating foods we are allergic to)

Old 12-11-2008, 07:30 AM

good tips, thank you. I have tried to up the water. I don't drink soda or much juices (except grapefruit juice-my favorite!), but I do drink 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning. Usually a latte then a regular coffee later in the morning. But I can't drink it black, ever, so I add cream or nonfat creamer. I really think my biggest problem is sugar. I have even though to buy a diabetic cookbook just for the low sugar recipies! couldn't hurt, right?
Plus, I stay away from sodium. I don't even have salt in my house! I don't cook with it at all, the only time I use salt is for baking. I don't add or put salt on anything.
I may try to cut out sugar for one day and see how it goes, I'll try flavored green tea, protein and veggies, no dressing or sweets and see. I have thought to try sugar-free hot chocolate for dessert instead of brownies, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
If you have a really bad diet I would only do a one day version. Do it once a week for a month before trying a longer one. I didn't reduce much in fat cells but colon stuff that may as well been fat cells because they added a gut on me. But I didn't do it for weightloss. I don't like the way low calorie detox fasts feel.

In three days I only cut a total of 1800 calories and thats only about half a pound. I suggest to go higher calorie. IT feels better and afterwards your normal weight loss activities will be more effective on the detoxed body. Its seriously freaky. Or maybe just freaky to me because I thought it was all b.s. before I tried it.

If you know anyone thats stalled on diets you should share the link with them and the modified tips.
You may start to be repulsed by sweetness too. Just a warning is to go easy on bad food type things right after. The stuff your body doesn't like will make you feel a bit ill. I found a few hidden food allergies that way (which also keep on weight- eating foods we are allergic to)

Old 06-07-2010, 10:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,761 times
I tried a similar product to Colonix, and it works wonders!! It's called Bowtrol colon cleansing. Products like these aids in elimination

of discomfort that is associated with poor digestion. You can also overcome these digestive issues and maintain a healthy and clean colon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint. ~Mark Twain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss