Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 07:47 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,695,020 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking of trying Colonix colon cleanser. Has anyone tried this particular brand? Did it work for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 09:10 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,267,585 times
Its not really for weightloss. True weightloss..But you will get a deflated stomach. My "false gut" never returned since periodic cleansing as due became a habit of mine (1-2x a year)

You can do it for cheaper than that product...I will be back with a post on that.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:31 AM

Instead of:

Colonix Intestinal Cleanser
Fiber Supplement
100% Natural and Vegetarian

GET:
Flaxseed 2 spoons
Oatmeal 1/2c
Psyllium Husks 1-2 spoons
Frozen Berry Mix (organic) 1/2C
Handful of Ice
^^^Blend together to replace breakfast. Add a apple/banana on the side if you are hungry or need more calories. You can have that every morning to help keep you clear.

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Instead of:
Paranil
Liver and Colon Purifying Complex
110 VegiCaps

GET:
A box of yogi detox tea.(I like the peach) Its herbal so don't mix with medication. The paranil should not be mixed with medication either. You can get a box basically for free if you order from IHerb. 5 Bucks off for first time customers. Enter code:BEV426
The paranil also has herbs in it for killing parasites but I think thats best left for your next cleansing. It can make you feel ill if you have a stuffy colon. You dont want that. Plus with your madeover system your body could strengthen and kill/remove a lot of parasites on its own. Less to kill later and an open system means you wont feel like total crap when you do a parasite cleanse.

Instead of:
KleriTea
Herbal Tea for Regularity and Detoxification
30 Tea Bags

Get: NOTHING. The yogi tea will help you move things through your system and aid in detox. This kleritea is just a laxative with some things to settle your intestines a bit.

Tip:
If you get constipated cut back on the husks and add some aloe juice to your oatmeal shake.

Baby Oatmeal blends better than regular.
Add water to make it thinner - more ice to thicken it when blending.
Do not use milk unless its organic.

Hope that helps...any questions feel free to ask away.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:04 AM

wow! great info "pitt"!! I really appreciate that. I don't mind getting a deflated stomach!! being on a cruise last week just reminded me how awful I feel/think I look! I have gained so much weight since my military days. (15 lbs-guess it's not that bad?)
your info, is that for weight loss or colon cleansing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Instead of:

Colonix Intestinal Cleanser
Fiber Supplement

GET:
Flaxseed 2 spoons
Oatmeal 1/2c
Psyllium Husks 1-2 spoons
Frozen Berry Mix (organic) 1/2C
Handful of Ice
^^^Blend together to replace breakfast. Add a apple/banana on the side if you are hungry or need more calories. You can have that every morning to help keep you clear.

Instead of:
Paranil
Liver and Colon Purifying Complex
110 VegiCaps

GET:
A box of yogi detox tea.(I like the peach) Its herbal so don't mix with medication. The paranil should not be mixed with medication either. You can get a box basically for free if you order from IHerb. 5 Bucks off for first time customers. Enter code:BEV426
The paranil also has herbs in it for killing parasites but I think thats best left for your next cleansing. It can make you feel ill if you have a stuffy colon. You dont want that. Plus with your madeover system your body could strengthen and kill/remove a lot of parasites on its own. Less to kill later and an open system means you wont feel like total crap when you do a parasite cleanse.

Instead of:
KleriTea
Herbal Tea for Regularity and Detoxification
30 Tea Bags

Get: NOTHING. The yogi tea will help you move things through your system and aid in detox. This kleritea is just a laxative with some things to settle your intestines a bit.

Tip:
If you get constipated cut back on the husks and add some aloe juice to your oatmeal shake.

Baby Oatmeal blends better than regular.
Add water to make it thinner - more ice to thicken it when blending.
Do not use milk unless its organic.

Hope that helps...any questions feel free to ask away.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:30 AM

Thats for colon cleansing but if you have build up you will lose at least 5 pounds about. Some people lose crazy amounts (like 20)...My very first one I did I lost 15 and 5 went back on and stabilized at that. But it was a 3 day juice fasting version so The colon hold was just restored...(colon hold...lol). But no weight loss (was doing it to cleanse not for loss so it was higher calorie)

I almost forgot.. don't forget to eat healthy bacteria. I like Activa and Goodbelly brands.The goodbelly seems to have more active cultures. Pick one of those up and just try it before cleansing. You may move some things out just based on a improved healthy bacteria load.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:18 AM

cool! can you tell me more about your 3-day juice fast?
have you ever done the martha's vineyard 21 day detox?

Quote:
Thats for colon cleansing but if you have build up you will lose at least 5 pounds about. Some people lose crazy amounts (like 20)...My very first one I did I lost 15 and 5 went back on and stabilized at that. But it was a 3 day juice fasting version so The colon hold was just restored...(colon hold...lol). But no weight loss (was doing it to cleanse not for loss so it was higher calorie)

I almost forgot.. don't forget to eat healthy bacteria. I like Activa and Goodbelly brands.The goodbelly seems to have more active cultures. Pick one of those up and just try it before cleansing. You may move some things out just based on a improved healthy bacteria load.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:19 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,922,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
I'm thinking of trying Colonix colon cleanser. Has anyone tried this particular brand? Did it work for you?
If you want a clean colon, why don't you just eat a proper diet, drink a lot of water, and get plenty of fiber in your diet?

Old 12-09-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
If you want a clean colon, why don't you just eat a proper diet, drink a lot of water, and get plenty of fiber in your diet?

A proper diet for cleansing would be zero processed or cooking to clean you out right. Not very fun to go on a raw food diet. Its expensive too. Everything has to be organic to detox.
Most people have an overgrowth in yeast (fungus) in the colon as well. Fungus responds best to severe flushing AND healthy bacteria follow up. (like blowing your nose in theory)

The proper regular diet is step two. It doesn't have/need the constraints of a raw detox diet.

Proper diet does not rid the body of parasites fully.

etc
etc
etc

You can find tons of reasons. I just wouldn't bother with most conventional western medical write ups on it. They are in the business for dealing with sickness. Not real cures/health fixes.

Just a silly side thing on colon cleansing. Coffee. A write up on it stated lower colon cancer rates in those who drank (x) amt of coffee per day. Coffee cleans you out.
One of the little discoveries that made me think about cleansing being helpful where normal nutritional options can fall short. And don't say something stupid like well drink coffee too... Because thats just part of it.

My skin, hair and nails tell the story. After cleanses it was night and day how it grew/looked.( Following the same diet.) That really blew my mind.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:32 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,922,437 times
Quote:
That really blew my mind.
Sounds like it blew more than your mind.

I stand by my comment that simply eating right, getting enough fiber, and drinking enough water is far better than "blowing" your colon.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:51 PM

coffee, huh? do grande, extra caramel-caramel lattes count? I have a feeling, no they don't! I would like to know more about your juice fast. I just feel like I'd like to take a break from eating for a day or two. I agree about getting more fiber, it's the motivation that's my problem.
thank you for your insight, "pitt".

Quote:
A proper diet for cleansing would be zero processed or cooking to clean you out right. Not very fun to go on a raw food diet. Its expensive too. Everything has to be organic to detox.
Most people have an overgrowth in yeast (fungus) in the colon as well. Fungus responds best to severe flushing AND healthy bacteria follow up. (like blowing your nose in theory)

The proper regular diet is step two. It doesn't have/need the constraints of a raw detox diet.

Proper diet does not rid the body of parasites fully.

etc
etc
etc

You can find tons of reasons. I just wouldn't bother with most conventional western medical write ups on it. They are in the business for dealing with sickness. Not real cures/health fixes.

Just a silly side thing on colon cleansing. Coffee. A write up on it stated lower colon cancer rates in those who drank (x) amt of coffee per day. Coffee cleans you out.
One of the little discoveries that made me think about cleansing being helpful where normal nutritional options can fall short. And don't say something stupid like well drink coffee too... Because thats just part of it.

My skin, hair and nails tell the story. After cleanses it was night and day how it grew/looked.( Following the same diet.) That really blew my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss