Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 10:25 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,584,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
all I do it eat like a big fat tubby soon-to-be COW !!!
Well if you eat like that while taking alli get ready for a toilet full of orange grease, as well as some stained underwear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 07:57 AM

809 posts, read 2,884,049 times
you don't have the oily poo ALL the time when you're on the Alli pill......... ONLY when you eat something really fatty! So the whole point is to take Alli and eat HEALTHY so that you DON'T have any accidents!

Old 01-14-2009, 12:01 PM

63 posts, read 266,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
you don't have the oily poo ALL the time when you're on the Alli pill......... ONLY when you eat something really fatty! So the whole point is to take Alli and eat HEALTHY so that you DON'T have any accidents!

Yes, what they said.....if you eat low fat, which is what you should do to lose weight anyway, you shouldn't have a problem. The 'fear' of having an accident is what keeps people on track and makes it work. If there wasn't that 'fear' , people would cheat all the time and it would be an entire waste of money.

I just wanted to lose a few pounds and tried it for a couple months. I didn't have any problems, but I followed the fat intake guidelines, which is the whole point.

Old 01-14-2009, 02:00 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,265,341 times
I tried it for awhile. Maybe I'm just strange, but I didn't have all the bad side effects that are so well known with this drug (and no, I was not controlling my fat intake very well.) If I had, I would have quickly abandoned it. If I took it regularly, I did develop a little mild stomach cramping. So I didnt usually take it on a daily basis. My take on it: it helps a little, but if you are prone to some of the notorious side effects with it, I don't think the weight loss on it would be worth it.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:45 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,340,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
well, if that's the case, people may be better off taking Alli placebos instead! shoot, I'd take an Alli placebo if the fear of oily stools could get me to stop eating something bad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss