Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 09:17 AM

4 posts, read 41,427 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the feedback annya and pitt_transplant. I did a 5 mile walk on my down day ysterday and i didn't feel good after that, i was tooooo hungry so had to eat something small...will make sure i keep any exercise on down days to 30 mins max, and light workout, maybe walking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I did not work out on my down days. If you do, start light and make sure that you stay hydrated. The body get a lot of fluid from food that you won't be eating on that down day. Plus the lower your carbs are the less your body tends to hold water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 04:16 AM

25 posts, read 136,814 times
how much is everyone loosing per week? i have found that my weight loss has slowed down quite considerably.
and ideas?

Old 11-14-2009, 02:29 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
Well I know my first week had that first woosh of water wt gone. Is that what you are talking about?

Old 11-15-2009, 02:50 PM

sort of, my first week was great but now, 3 week or so in, im not loosing as much. Last week i only lost 500gm (aroung 1 pound) am i being too greedy in my weightloss? lol maybe im just expecting it to drop faster....
But still, is there anything i can do to mix it up again?
How much weight have you lost and what do you usually loose each week?

Old 11-15-2009, 04:31 PM

Well when I started to slow my loss it was about a month in...(going from memory here so its foggy)

Are you eating the lowest down day you can? Are you staying under the calories for the up day?
How much can you actually lose and still be at a healthy wt?

Through every single diet/reduction etc I ever tried a month in is where I will slow and that is when I would switch up the diet some. Like with this one, I made it lower carb for a week and it started to pick up again. BUT I weaned back in the carbs in the following week. I use that low carb trick quite a bit and its the best thing I picked up from trying atkins. I even use it now when I maintain if I am finding higher numbers on the scale. (cals stay the same-ish)

Old 11-17-2009, 04:11 AM

thanks, thats really goood advice! i dont have very much to loose now, at around 4kg (8 pounds) I'll be right in the middle of my optimum BMI range.
todays down day i had approx 350cal and im quite sure i am keeping up days to where they should be, as well as exercesing etc. I'll see how this week goes and if i'm not satisifed with the weight loss then i'll definately go low carb.

Does that mean low carb everyday or just on down days? (with atkins bars and shakes?)

Old 11-18-2009, 03:14 PM

Well go with how you feel. Low carb can be dehydrate you. Especially since you don't have that extra fat to help you stay hydrated with only 10 to go. What I usually did was start a 7 day cycle of going zero carb for one day on a down day with meat and water only. Fake sugar packets count as a carb just so you know. Only have water on your low carb week or limit to one soda. That way you skip out on those fake sugar carbs and stay hydrated. (try smart water, its the best tasting bottled water I think + it has electrolytes)

Ahhh..I am going to write down like I did for myself...

(D= down, U=Up)
- D.day 1 =
Breakfast: 7 almonds,black coffee (50 cals)
Lunch : 1 can tuna (150 cals)
Dinner: Spinach salad (whole bag + Olive oil TBS/herbs for dressing)
CARBS: < 10

- U.day 2 =
Breakfast: 1c raspberries (15c - 8g fiber = 6 netcarbs) + nuts (150cals),black coffee
Lunch: Low carb soup, chicken breast (150 cals) + salad
Dinner: Whole bag of salad again + protien source (meat or nuts etc)
CARBS: Keep it under 20 with the choices." Net carbs" are just total carbs on label minus the fiber grams on label.

- D.day 3 =
Breakfast: 7 almonds,black coffee (50 cals)
Lunch : 2 HB eggs with mustard and hot sauce (mayoless deviled egg) (150 cals)
Dinner: Salad if I feel energy, low carb soup with sea salt if I feel washed out. The sea salt fixes that.
CARBS: < 10

Ok...now we have hit day three and that is where the body starts to realize that something different is being done so in order to not freak it out, increase your carbs by 10. I like to do this with blue bunny yogurt as they have 5 carbs/serving @ 90 cals and the calcium is good for loss and bone health

- U.day 4 =
Breakfast: 1c raspberries (15c - 8g fiber = 6 netcarbs) + nuts (150cals),black coffee + yogurt
Lunch: Low carb soup, chicken breast (150 cals) + salad + yogurt
Dinner: Whole bag of salad again + protien source (meat or nuts etc)
CARBS: Keep it under 30 with the choices." Net carbs" are just total carbs on label minus the fiber grams on label.

- D.day 5 =
Breakfast: Slimfast Optima (20 net carbs - 200 cals)
Lunch: Your friend spinach salad again! ☺+ yogurt
Dinner: Beef in mushrooms saute (use butter)
CARBS: Keep it under 30 with the choices, increase total down day intake to max loss percentage intake (35% - 45% giving you 200 more calories to work with about to fit in that beef and let the body relax that its being fed)

- U.day 6
CARBS: Keep it under 30 with the choices.

- D.day 7
CARBS: Keep it under 40 with the choices. Increase your carbs today, eat 35% level down day.

Now the goal of the second week is to start to increase your carbs up over 50carbs. It is not safe to stay extremely low carb for a long time without having a doctor check on your kidneys and liver. It can be hard on the body.

Week 2:
- day 8 - CARBS: Keep it under 50 with the choices, eat 35% level down day.
- day 9 - ''
- day 10 - ''
- day 11 - CARBS: Keep it under 60 with the choices, eat 20% level down day.
- day 12 - ''
- day 13 - ''
- day 14 - CARBS: Keep it under 70 with the choices, eat 20% level down day.

That will bring you to a level or a normal low carb diet. Not extreme induction phases that people get stuck on and damage themselves with. To give you an idea of how many carbs are in different ways of eating:

Carb, Protein, Fat Calorie Calculator

Obviously this is not what you should do all the time as it is not well rounded enough. But its my low carb tweak I use with all diets. I eat normal amount of carbs now and even sometimes a little too high carb. Because I have not low carbed for a long term, my body does not get that carb pound rebound reaction. If you low carb long enough it can do that to some. With the link calculator I provided you can play with your own carb level to see what your body likes. If you feel really naused durning this try drinking water because it is very dehydrating. If you still feel nauseated, I would stop doing the low carb. Still wean up, but start right away. Upping your down day can relax the body. The drop on the down days are to help the body deal with getting back to carbs and to trick the body to loss. Different cals every day do this.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:13 PM

Wow, you ara a lifesaver!!
I definatly want to try this, (thanks for the note on net carbs too)

I mixed up my workout a bit so it seems as though the plateau in my weightloss is lifting, JUDDD is a great diet, my metabolism really has stayed at a good level.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:57 AM

1 posts, read 5,928 times
Question Going great!!

This is my third week on this diet, I have lost 9 pounds!!! this plan gets much easier as you go along and I actually get some sort of natural high on my down days!! my house has never been more clean and orderly. Thinking of doing back to back down days in order to eat more on weekends, has anyboby done this?

Old 12-04-2009, 07:08 PM

You should not do that. It can result in electrolyte issues,nurtritional issues and could lead to eating disordered practices. You don't starve yourself so you can pig out the next day. Thats just not healthy for you body or mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss