Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 10:44 PM

265 posts, read 1,190,982 times

Advertisements

My sister in law is taking a diet pill and I want to know what it is!

She had a baggie full of them in her purse & she took one before eating lunch out the other day. It has to be a diet pill, because she has lost a TON of weight in recent months & won't say how. I want to know so I can take it too, because clearly it works! But I can't just ask her because she has already said she doesn't know how she is losing so much weight ("stress" she says), and because she tried to be discreet about taking the pill.

It was a long, grayish/tan capsule. Pretty big.

What was it???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 07:18 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,166,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motown mary View Post

She had a baggie full of them in her purse & she took one before eating lunch out the other day. It has to be a diet pill, because she has lost a TON of weight in recent months & won't say how. I want to know so I can take it too, because clearly it works! But I can't just ask her because she has already said she doesn't know how she is losing so much weight ("stress" she says), and because she tried to be discreet about taking the pill.

What was it???
Your crazy girl.......it was probably ephedra (aka legalized coke) or something equally as destructive.......Your best bet is to do it the right, lasting way....this way....a year from now when she's gained ALLLLLL her weight back plus much more (bcs. I bechya she will).....you will be able to flaunt your awesome body along with your healthy, forever lasting lifestyle.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:50 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,267,585 times
Cant really tell you with that description. Could just be a fiber pill from what you desribe.

Anyway...

look on here:
Pill Identification Resources | Pharmer.org -- Pill Identification Resources

Maybe you can find something.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,706 times
Did you ever find out what was she taking?

Old 08-13-2008, 04:27 PM

11 posts, read 23,779 times
Default Ephedra

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Your crazy girl.......it was probably ephedra (aka legalized coke)
is epedra legal again?

Old 08-13-2008, 08:58 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,166,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenG1022 View Post
is epedra legal again?

Well, if it's not....my cousin is soooo breaking the law.....I've never looked into it so i'm not even sure when it became illigal......either way.....anything even similar to that is bad news.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:05 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,142,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motown mary View Post

What was it???
Well good luck. I have taken dang near every diet pill known to man, Fastin, Tenuate, Meridia, even Acomplia which isn't even approved by the FDA, ephedra, even Ritalin and NONE OF THEM WORK. Let me repeat that for empahsis...

NONE OF THEM WORK!!!!!

If you find out what it was, exactly, please share the information with the ret of us or send a DM to me, because I am fresh out of ideas.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-14-2008, 12:20 PM

2 posts, read 6,838 times
It very well could have been Max Wlx, You take these before your two biggest meals of the day. I know they work for sure because my sister is on them and loosing weight , she has tried everything under the sun and had no luck. If you want more information feel free to contact me.
Wunnel

Old 08-16-2008, 07:05 PM

68 posts, read 255,274 times
I have a friend like that too. She just says I don't know how I'm losing weight and she was very obese and now she's a twig. She doesn't exercise and eats alot of food too. I just don't get it. I was suspicious because she says she doesn't know and I also know she goes to the doctor for quite a few other prescriptions. I would never take anything because I already know how to lose weight. 5 years ago I lost 40 lbs in 5 months by low fat, no junk food, no caffeine, and walking which turned into jogging, which turned into jogging very far everyday. I felt so energetic. I would run 8 to 12 miles everyday. Then I had my little son who is now 5 and I haven't been able to get back to that again. So, I've gained 15 lbs. back and I feel awful because I know how I could feel. I hope I can get some motivation to get started again. I would like to be a size 4 and full of energy again. But no pills for me.

Old 08-17-2008, 04:01 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,546,475 times
It's probably Alli, the fat blocker. Is she eating a lower fat diet now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss