Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2007, 03:20 PM

12 posts, read 82,795 times

Advertisements

Had a C-section last year. I am having a hard time losing my tummy, please advise on what type of workout I need and the diet that has worked for you before. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 06:01 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,170,775 times
I had one almost 13 years ago, still have a little tummy yet, so I will be checking to see if you get any advice, sorry no help here.

Old 05-03-2007, 07:22 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,450,139 times
The best way to reduce fat on the tummy is to nurse. I gained 64 pounds with my son and lost 59 pounds the six months I was nursing. Since quitting nursing, I have lost anything and actually gained a couple.

I know this might not be a help now, but I plan to nurse for a full year next time around!

Old 05-04-2007, 02:08 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,652,115 times
I completely agree w/jco. I gained 40lbs w/my son and the weight just dropped off after he was born. I actually weighed 12 lbs less than when I conceived. I contribute it to nursing and eating healthy while doing so as I did zero exercising. Now, 3 years later, I have gained those 12 lbs back plus some but that's because I indulge a bit lol

However, if you are unable to nurse or it's past that point, I do feel that watching your carbs helps ALOT! I can cut back on the late-night cheesy garlic bread and cokes and lose a few pounds in the next couple of weeks. I try to eat cheese and grapes/fruit or raw carrots to satisfy that "snacky" mode and grilled chicken for dinner. The Foreman grill is fast and easy for grilling too.

If that doesn't help Mapalo, wait until your lil one starts "toddling" and running. You'll lose some weight chasing them through the neighborhood

Old 05-04-2007, 02:16 PM

267 posts, read 1,835,529 times
I had my son in 2005 and also had a c-section. I nursed him also and lost quite a bit of weight and went back down to my pre-pregnancy size within a few months. I bought a book on Amazon called "Lose Your Mummy Tummy" it had great reviews but I just couldn't get into it. I also have a cheesy video
"8 Minute Abs" that really helps (also from Amazon). Its really quick and easy for the most part and you will see results. Try it and see if it helps. The video is really cheap too. Walking really helps to shed off some of that belly weight.

I'm 5 months pregnant with baby #2 and can't wait for the day til I have waist again, lol.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:03 PM

986 posts, read 2,807,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapalo View Post
Had a C-section last year. I am having a hard time losing my tummy, please advise on what type of workout I need and the diet that has worked for you before. Thanks
Put the baby in a stroller and start walking. Everyone knows what NOT to eat!! Get one of those big stability balls and do your ab crunches on it(just lay on it with you head supported with your hands, and just do your crunches like your laying on the floor) hope this helps. You should join the excerise thread, we encourage each other each day with our workouts, alot of nice people there. Good Luck

Old 04-14-2010, 10:04 PM

1 posts, read 3,911 times
its been exactly 6 months since i had my c-section. All this time i had been breastfeeding my little one but i still weigh 128 lb. My weight before pregnancy was 110 lb!!! i have gone under depression as i am unable to lose my belly fat. please help!

Old 04-18-2010, 04:34 PM

86 posts, read 259,367 times
This was a personal choice for me after 2 kids...I had a tummy tuck years later (after they were school-age, NOT while they were infants.)

I ballooned up about 75 lbs with each pregnancy due to massive swelling and it left saggy skin that would never had gone away with diet and exercise. The rest of my body was fine, I had wrinkled skin above my belly button and had to wear a girdle to keep this skin at bay.

They removed 3 lbs of skin, including the C-section scar. I was able to wear a bikini and feel great in my clothes...no more girdle either!

Well, I thought I was done having kids and remarried and had another baby (five years later). They cut into my tummy tuck scar and the recovery was way better than the 1st C-section.

Although, I have some faint stretch marks, I didn't end up with a nasty flab of hanging skin like before. My tummy flattened up with diet and exercise.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:00 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,677,191 times
I have had two c-sections and I nursed both my kids, but without the exercise and good eating nursing alone will not take the weight off. I still had the tummy hanging down (reminds me of a cat tummy after they've been fixed).
My husband says working the muscles through weight traing, etc might help, but I think if I really want to get rid of it would be to get a tummy tuck like Jucaam. I don't think I could afford one, but if I could I would do it in a heartbeat.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:47 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,207 times
I've already been told by a few Drs that I will need a tummy tuck. I'm trying the weight training and stuff to see if it works. Next year around this time if it doesnt then I will look into a tuck. Maybe I can convince my Drs to put it as a medical neccessity so I dont have to pay for it. After all, they did push my youngest up into my chest to get her out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss