Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2012, 02:53 PM

659 posts, read 1,014,266 times

Advertisements

Amino Diet - Health/Beauty - South Jordan, UT | Facebook seems like there are some knowledgeable people in this forum. Have you heard of it and does it work?

Looks scammy to me but since I had kids I just can't lose the extra baby weight and I keep gaining!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 06:45 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,763 times
Scam. Just eat less than you burn and exercise. I know its not what people want to hear, but thats what it takes to lose weight. No magic potion will ever work in the long run, and some will harm you.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:06 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
Amino Diet - Health/Beauty - South Jordan, UT | Facebook seems like there are some knowledgeable people in this forum. Have you heard of it and does it work?

Looks scammy to me but since I had kids I just can't lose the extra baby weight and I keep gaining!
Any diet that claims you have to detox your liver by using their product to lose weight, is a scam. You don't need to detoxify your liver, unless you are suffering from liver toxification. If you are suffering from liver toxification, then you are (hopefully) in the care of a hepatologist, or some other licensed medical practitioner who has expertise in liver disorders.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:33 PM

326 posts, read 703,911 times
This is from their website:

Quote:
  • Phase 1 lasts anywhere from 30-90 days and is the main weight loss phase. This is where you start eating clean and begin taking our Amino Diet Plus formulation. You will be eating about 1000 calories of lean proteins, fruits, vegetables, and even some carbs and healthy fats – and during this phase you can lose between .5-1 pound daily!
  • Phase 2 is the three weeks immediately following phase 1. The goal of this phase is to create a new weight set point that your body can easily maintain.
  • The final “phase” 3 is when you make this a lifestyle. You are slowly adding back sugars and starches while eating a normal number of calories for your body weight..

This appears to be a modified calorie counting strategy. Hard to say how much true science they have behind it, but they have specific menus that you must eat from to reach your 1000 calorie limit. At first glance though, I would expect a huge drop off and failure rate in "phase 1" and long term I don't think there is very high success rates for calorie counting diets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss