Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 09:45 PM

874 posts, read 3,683,235 times

Advertisements

I gained 20lbs in one month due to medication!! I felt so uncomfortable in my skin..depressed actually so I stop taking the meds and started taking herbs. I'm working out every day, eating right and taking these Brazilian dietary supplements. So far, I've lost 7lbs in one week!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 07:09 AM

13,003 posts, read 1,020,368 times
I lost 36 lbs but it took a year and 5 days a week at the gym.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:36 AM

15 posts, read 53,024 times
I went from size 12/13 to size 5/6. I am small framed and 5'2". And this was my last effort in life. 5 yrs ago I turned 40 and tried everything. And I hate to exercise!

I did the 6 wk body makeover - although it took longer than 6 weeks and changed eating. I am not really a junk eater but I had to be disciplined. Now people say I am skinny and it is so funny.

I eat 5 times a day and now 5 yrs later even lower size than last year. Go to provida. com site and get your body blueprint. The whole family can do this!

Old 08-09-2008, 07:35 PM

838 posts, read 1,214,321 times
Default 70 pounds

I want to lose 70 pounds. Usually I lose when I count my calories..but this time around..it's like I have NO metabolism!!! AHH!

Old 08-10-2008, 09:35 PM

9 posts, read 24,580 times
I've lost 33 pounds since I got out of school for summer. I'm going back on Thursday. I still have a **** load of weight to go. I gained roughly 60 pounds when I moved out of Chicago out of sadness, and while I was living in Chicago, I was still fat, but I had very defined, less flabby curves. If I exercised, I would have probably lost twice the amount I lost, but I hate exercising so much. Now that school's around the corner, however, I'll get some activity into my schedule. It also helps that my church member's husband is a bariatric doctor, so I get to get some healthy tips from him for free.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,512 times
I lost like about .... 60 pounds because i used to take medication. I lost of bunch of weight i used to be a size around 38, but now im size 30. I lost my horribly weight by eating healthy(starving myself jk) meaning anything healthy like carrots, apples etc. I tried to not drink any soda because soda is bad for you ,and full of calories. My healthy diet includes starting to run through the park everyday so my legs won't be saggy and now i have strong muscular legs. I'm now going to Bally total fitness and i was told by a personal trainer i was lean next to athletic I weigh 130 and now I'm trying to loose 10 pounds so i can be 120 pounds, crazy i know. I'm going to summer school which includes P.e. so that will also help my healthy routine go swell.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,185 times
I lost a little over 100 pounds in a year...
What I did was eat no mayonayse, chocolate, cake or doughnuts, or any kinds of candy or soda really...
Just don't over do it with food, and avoid fast food resturants, take into consideration the amount of physical exercise you did today and how much calories (and how much of those calories are from fat) are in your meal that you are about to eat and have eaten today.
I did a lot of cardio work when I decided I really wanted to lose some weight.. I think that jogging for 20+ minutes is good cardio, and dont go somewhere where you can get back home when you feel like it, like a gym where you can just drive home if you're not feeling it that day.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:08 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,040,059 times
Congrats Roma!

I've lost 202 lbs. in 18 months (so far). Still losing about 2-3 lbs. a month.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:17 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,259,490 times
I've lost 95 pounds in the last year and a half. I try my best to avoid refined sugar or refined flour and stick to a diet primarily of vegetables, lean meat, and legumes. It can get repetitive, and I do allow myself a cheat day once a week, but I've been trying my best to reduce that whole day to a meal. I've had my ups and downs, but mostly downs! I also try to hit the gym at least 4-6 days/week. Lots of cardio plus strength training every other day.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:04 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,709,935 times
I've lost 70 pounds since May. I did it by counting calories and watching my carb intake, and by walking 45 to 60 minutes almost every day. Another 20 pounds, and I'll be at my goal weight! (The first 35 pounds came off in the first 2 months. Since then, I've been losing 1 to 2 pounds per week.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss