Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 12:19 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,103,995 times

Advertisements

I can totally relate floridadreamer!

My husband wont even touch a vegetable or fruit. But I just decided I had to stop eating the junk food and lose weight. I asked him not to bring that kind of food in our home so I could stick to my diet. He still brought some junk food for him but I controlled myself and did not eat it.
I think it is a mind thing. You just have to say enough is enough and darn it, I'm going to do it this time. That's how I did it. I had enough with being over weight. I still can't believe I lost 60 pounds. It just seems like so much weight.
I also found a site that helped me too. It's a health site that also has a over weight thread. It is free and was very helpful to me. I don't know if I am allowed to provide it on here or not. I will ask a moderator if I can post it. In the mean time if anyone wants to know what it's called just pm me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 12:32 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,538,098 times
Well, I have tried so hard to keep the stuff that is bad for my husband (with his high blood pressure and cholesterol) out of the house-otherwise he just sneaks in there and gets it and acts incredulous-'donuts are BAD for you??? Only if you EAT them, I say. Are there treats that your husband likes that you don't like? If so, then only buy those kinds. If you hate coconut, for example, buy coconut cream pie, or if he likes Rocky Road ice cream, and you don't, buy the kind that you won't eat so he can still have his 'treats'. Then find something you like that you can have while he has his stuff. Also,there are a lot of reduced fat ice creams out there, we used to buy Healthy Choice-and it was really really good!!!--but they don't carry it around here anymore.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:35 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
I go the "healthier" ice creams - double churned are excellent. THe problem is, I went home for lunch today, hubby was off. He ate 3/4 of a half gallon of ice cream in one sitting! That's about 900 calories! Idiot. He thinks if it's healthy, it's ok to eat the whole thing all at once.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:43 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,169,965 times
ha! it is as hard for some as losing is to others. It is a dilemma and nothing to be envious of-trust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Oh, man! There's just something so wrong about people who have to gain weight!

Old 05-29-2007, 12:43 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,538,098 times
Quote:
I go the "healthier" ice creams - double churned are excellent. THe problem is, I went home for lunch today, hubby was off. He ate 3/4 of a half gallon of ice cream in one sitting! That's about 900 calories! Idiot. He thinks if it's healthy, it's ok to eat the whole thing all at once.
So that's where he goes during the day!?!?! Does he know what a serving size is?? A half a cup! Oh, but I could eat that much talking onthe phone-the 3/4 container-cause it's only a "couple bites"!!! Then OH MY ****

Old 05-29-2007, 01:04 PM

He said he wasn't really paying attention and the next thing he knew, it was all gone (of course, he was eating out of the carton!)

Hey, northern...I hope you realize I meant it only in jest. Ask the rest of the group here...I'm one sarcastic....never mind the next word! ;-)

Old 05-29-2007, 01:11 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,256,035 times
Quote:
That's about 900 calories! Idiot. He thinks if it's healthy, it's ok to eat the whole thing all at once.
I was cracking up at this. I'm glad I'm not the only one who calls my husband an idiot.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
I was cracking up at this. I'm glad I'm not the only one who calls my husband an idiot.
And I meant it in the nicest of ways....

Old 05-29-2007, 01:14 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,256,035 times
Well, for the most part, we stopped buying junk food. If we want desert, we have to go buy it so it's not just sitting around the house. Yes, scoop your ice cream into the bowl so you can't use the excuse "well, the next thing I knew, it was all gone!" I would love to lose 60 more lbs before we have kids but we're playing it all by ear. If I get knocked up before then, so be it!

Old 05-29-2007, 01:14 PM

179 posts, read 784,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
I also found a site that helped me too. It's a health site that also has a over weight thread. It is free and was very helpful to me. I don't know if I am allowed to provide it on here or not. I will ask a moderator if I can post it. In the mean time if anyone wants to know what it's called just pm me.
Roma - I sent you a PM. I would love to know the site. Thanx.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss