Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:31 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,571 times

Advertisements

As a dog owner I'm VERY irritated by people that don't pick up their dogcrap. I live in an upscale, nice townhome community and we have a lot of dogs and dog owners. We have a very well landscaped community with nice grass and what not. So our dogs have a lot of areas to do their thing. And we also have a lot of kids running around etc. We even, and I say this very adamantly, we even have a dog bag station in all four corners of our green areas where the dogs go potty. Yet EVERY DAY there are piles and piles of crap left by people that I'm assuming are too lazy, too tired, or just don't give a flying fark about picking up their dog ****? I mean come one! Are you that effing lazy you can't reach down and pick up your dog crap? Do they expect other people to do it for them? Or since it's not "their" yard they don't care? I really don't get the mindset of people that don't pick up their dog ****.

Hell there are probably a few on her that don't do it. Why not? Are you lazy? Or you just don't care?

The lack of picking up dog poop can be directly correlated with the problems plaguing our country. Laziness, inefficiency, incompetence, entitlement attitude. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 12:35 PM

1,188 posts, read 5,533,188 times
Happens here too...we don't get it. We don't even walk out of the house without poop bags on us. Matter of fact, we laugh because you can always find one in my purse, car or basically where ever I am! When you figure out why people aren't responsible and don't pick up after their pets, please let me know (lol)!

I was at a public venue where people had their dogs and this woman didn't pick up after her pooch. So I graciously offered her one of my poop bags...she thanked me and walked on...never used the bag I gave her to clean up after her dog...I didn't get it???

Old 07-09-2010, 12:45 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,116,100 times
I live in a semi-rural area which I guess means people don't think they need to even though it is a law and their pets are still crapping in front of people's homes. It is pretty common for people to thank me when they see us go by and I'm holding a bag full of crap.

I just don't get it. I hate finding crap in/around my yard or seeing it when I am out walking with Harper. I'm betting the same people that don't do it would freak out if they found a steaming load under their mailbox.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:47 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,401,356 times
There is really not much you can do unless you want to take on the role of "poop police" for the area. We have the same problem in our neighborhood. I finally caught one "in the act" on our front lawn with the owner just sort of ignoring the situation.. I was proud of myself for not screaming like a raging banshee. As she was walking away, I bagged it and called to her by saying "Excuse me but I think you dropped something". I gave her the bag and suggested she bring her own bags along for the next time.

Funny thing...haven't seen her or her dog walking this way since then......

Old 07-09-2010, 12:57 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,117,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonchix View Post
I was at a public venue where people had their dogs and this woman didn't pick up after her pooch. So I graciously offered her one of my poop bags...she thanked me and walked on...never used the bag I gave her to clean up after her dog...I didn't get it???
I don't get it either Amazonchix; I would love to find out the reasoning behind it!

Old 07-09-2010, 01:06 PM

1,272 posts, read 2,372,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
I would love to find out the reasoning behind it!
I just assume it's for two reasons.
First because to some people their pets do not defecate at all.
I'm serious LOL. They take their dog for a walk, when poochie stops to do his thing, they look away. Then poochie walks on and they follow. It's as though they are embarrassed that their dog did this horrible thing in public *gasp*. They don't even want to look back at what occured.
Then there are the "I"m too good to pick up sh*t" people. They may own the dog but they are not responsible for it's actions. Their attitude it that if you are so concerned about their dogs actions then you should pick it up. And sometimes I do and follow them home to put on their lawn.

Last edited by Jerseykat; 07-09-2010 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: oops typo

Old 07-09-2010, 01:07 PM

417 posts, read 1,068,096 times
It happens at my complex too! I just don't get it..this one miserable woman at my complex yelled at me and my neighbor one day for allowing my dog and her dog to play in our big grassy area..their leashes were still on but we had dropped them so they could sniff and say hello and she yelled (while out walking her own dog) that it was a law for our dogs to be leashed at all times and what the heck did we think we were doing. Well the next day I watched her dog take a massive poop right next to the stairs up to one of the condos (which isn't one of the designated "pet potty areas" at our complex. So I said, "um excuse me miss, I believe its also a law to pick up after your dog and by the way, you can get written up by the condo for letting your dog go there as well" and then I handed her a poop bag and walked away. Needless to say she has left me alone since. I have also noticed a plastic bag filled with poop and tied left in the grassy area which is beyond ridiculous..I guess the owner was nice enough to pick it up but too lazy to walk it over to the dumpster?

Old 07-09-2010, 01:18 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,799,958 times
I must be very lucky. We have lots of dogs in our townhouse complex and everyone picks up after their dogs. I love my neighbors!

Old 07-09-2010, 01:20 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,401,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
I must be very lucky. We have lots of dogs in our townhouse complex and everyone picks up after their dogs. I love my neighbors!
Can I adopt your neighbors....pleeeeze!

Old 07-09-2010, 01:28 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,227,984 times
Not that I condone it, but my husband has a phobia about poop. Doesn't matter what nature of creature it came from. I don't let him walk the dog without me.

He freaks out when I horse show because I make him come along to take pics. Horses, as you may or may not know, are capable of pooping while they are in motion. This is a matter of great distress to DH.

We have one vintage model cat that often does not remember to bury things in the litter box. I have had DH get me out of bed to scoop some litter over it on waaaay too many occasions.

I am sure that the overwhelming majority of folks that do not pick up after their dog fall into the "don't give a f _ _ k" category. There is at least one who is flat out terrified of poop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs