Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 08:42 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
We're getting an 8 week old English Springer Spaniel tomorrow,........
^^^posted 2 days ago

Soooooooooo, where is the puppy report? Are there puppy pictures? Or, are you too busy enjoying your little Springer pup and puppy breath?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 09:07 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,553,902 times
We buy the D/T dental treats from the vet clinic, and I stuff three into our small Kong for Bigun. It will keep him busy for hours, especially getting that third one out!

Old 07-12-2010, 01:34 PM

5,064 posts, read 15,905,316 times
Thanks, everyone! I did try a carrot, the breeder said it was a great idea, but it fell right out. I have the puppy Kong, but I'm still not sure how to stick a carrot in without it falling out real easy. But today I bought light vanilla yogurt, Cheese Whiz, and also plan to try out the other suggestions soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
How was the first day with the baby???
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
^^^posted 2 days ago

Soooooooooo, where is the puppy report? Are there puppy pictures? Or, are you too busy enjoying your little Springer pup and puppy breath?
She is fabulous! She is the laziest puppy I have ever seen, though. She wakes up for 30-45 minutes, then just plops down wherever she is and goes right to sleep. My dh watched her for a bit last night, and after she just suddenly passed out, said jokingly, "What an exciting dog." She didn't cry much last night, I took her out twice. The first time she didn't have to go, and just sat there on the ground looking at me.

Not sure where I should post a picture, maybe the picture thread? But here's one, because you know I can't resist showing her off.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:37 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,044,161 times
Quote:
Thanks, everyone! I did try a carrot, the breeder said it was a great idea, but it fell right out. I have the puppy Kong, but I'm still not sure how to stick a carrot in without it falling out real easy. But today I bought light vanilla yogurt, Cheese Whiz, and also plan to try out the other suggestions soon.

She is fabulous! She is the laziest puppy I have ever seen, though. She wakes up for 30-45 minutes, then just plops down wherever she is and goes right to sleep. My dh watched her for a bit last night, and after she just suddenly passed out, said jokingly, "What an exciting dog." She didn't cry much last night, I took her out twice. The first time she didn't have to go, and just sat there on the ground looking at me.

Not sure where I should post a picture, maybe the picture thread? But here's one, because you know I can't resist showing her off.

What a cuddle muffin!!!! I love her!!!! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!

Old 07-12-2010, 02:59 PM

awwwwwwwwww what a sweetie! Thanks for sharing. My, she is a big girl for 8 weeks! In that red chair she looks like a princess on her throne. No doubt she is very happy to be in the lap of luxury and growing take alot of energy so no wonder she'd sleeping.

The photos I've seen of the litter mine are coming from look so much different.....at 2.5 weeks they barely resemble puppies yet, lol. Mine will be liver/white field bred as well.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:46 PM

5,064 posts, read 15,905,316 times
Thanks so much to you both! Yes, she's a big girl. The breeders said it's because the litter was only 5, so they had plenty of room to grow. Their growth should level out soon. She just woke up from another one of her many naps and is sitting at my feet, she is so sweet. She loves her crate, and just walked back into it and is playing as I type. Um, napping....too funny, what a lazy girl, I know this can't last! I did today start calling her Princess Sadie, it's funny you made that reference, llMOg. I will follow your posts, I'm excited for your new puppy and mine. A side note, her favorite toy is one of those squashed-looking things without stuffing, they come in foxes, raccoons, and skunks, who knows what else. Good luck!

Old 07-12-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Thanks so much to you both! Yes, she's a big girl. The breeders said it's because the litter was only 5, so they had plenty of room to grow. Their growth should level out soon. She just woke up from another one of her many naps and is sitting at my feet, she is so sweet. She loves her crate, and just walked back into it and is playing as I type. Um, napping....too funny, what a lazy girl, I know this can't last! I did today start calling her Princess Sadie, it's funny you made that reference, llMOg. I will follow your posts, I'm excited for your new puppy and mine. A side note, her favorite toy is one of those squashed-looking things without stuffing, they come in foxes, raccoons, and skunks, who knows what else. Good luck!
My rescued Springer was a Velcro Springer when he was inside the house. Always underfoot and napping at my feet. A real snuggle puppy. Outside he was alert and always hunting for whatever he could find or whatever caught his eye. Your girl might be like that too. A perfect lady indoors and a curious and playful kid outdoors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs