Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 07:04 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,554,984 times

Advertisements

Bigun lets kids cuddle with him, but he's more restrained around DH and me. I did notice when he was playing with Grandma that he licked her ears. He sleeps in his crate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 07:15 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Willie only gets up in my face if it smells of whatever I've eaten...I assume he's trying to assess how to jump down my throat and get the food...freaking beagle.

He's not a huge kisser, but he's a snuggler. He sleeps in our bed, and will sprawl across my place before I get in, and then moves to the foot and curls up at our feet, or tucked in the crook of my legs if I sleep on my side. He doesn't like to be under the covers. When I'm on the couch, he'll curl up right next to wherever I or my SO are, with his head popped up on to our laps. When he curls up, it's like the way a cat curls up.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:02 PM

725 posts, read 3,015,734 times
At night, when I lay in bed, Bristow will jump right on in thinking it's play time. I have to say "lay down" for him to know it's bed time and he'll usually just plop right down next to me, and lay his head on my arm. Throughout the course of the night he sprawls out. In the mornings, he'll start to 'dig' at the covers, meaning he wants to get under them lol. So I lift up the comforter and he crawls in and lays down in the little armpit nook. Most other times, he curls up between my legs/lap.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:14 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,047,252 times
Artie's a kisser, a snuggler, a lap-sitter, a lovebug, the whole nine yards with me. Unless there's a non-family member in the house -- then he's all macho and won't give me the time of day. But then, when he warms up to that other person, he's a kisser, a snuggler, a lap-sitter, a lovebuy, and the whole nine yards... with THEM. Fickle pickle.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:33 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,294,472 times
PC is similar to Artie. When we're alone, he puts his tiny head on my chest, sits on my lap and just enjoys to be kissed and hugged and told that he's beautiful. But if anyone, including my husband, is around, he doesn't want to seem like mama's boy and tries to shun me. I think he's afraid his lunch money will get stolen at daycare, but I keep telling him no one will ever love him like his mama and there's nothing to be ashamed of.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:38 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,038,480 times
when i am sitting in a chair, long, lanky davey-long-legs will face me and then oh so gently and gracefully rise up and put his arms on my shoulders .... like he is hugging me...... he wants nothing more in life than to be a lap dog and can't grasp the concept that he is just too danged long.....

bailey will lay next to me on the sofa and place her chin on my arm or lap.....

both sleep on my bed.... bailey at the top, by the pillows and dave near the foot of the bed......

Old 07-15-2010, 04:51 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,047,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
when i am sitting in a chair, long, lanky davey-long-legs will face me and then oh so gently and gracefully rise up and put his arms on my shoulders .... like he is hugging me...... he wants nothing more in life than to be a lap dog and can't grasp the concept that he is just too danged long.....

bailey will lay next to me on the sofa and place her chin on my arm or lap.....

both sleep on my bed.... bailey at the top, by the pillows and dave near the foot of the bed......
I love all of this, but I especially love Davey's hugging. So, so, SO sweet!

Old 07-15-2010, 06:37 PM

490 posts, read 1,788,953 times
Calypso does not cuddle me!!!!!-((((( She is too proud and mighty I guess....
She refuses to sleep with me at night. If she naps with me, she stays at the bottom of the bed. I know she loves me but she is just not a lap cuddly dog-(((((((
I love her so much I just want to hug her and be hugged. What do do!

Old 07-15-2010, 06:47 PM

553 posts, read 1,633,506 times
In the mornings, Odie will position himself he to be spooned by DH or I, and will put his face He'll also make sure we have access to rub his belly.
Lanie curls up in a ball and puts her face in my armpit or my neck.

When they're laying on the sofa with us they like to have a paw on us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs