Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 08:25 AM

1 posts, read 4,902 times

Advertisements

My dog seems to be hacking accassionaly as something may be caught in her throat. Thas has been going on three days. It's as if she is working hard to clear something from her throat passsage, occassionally it's a short hack like a feather may be in her throat. Ocassionally therre will be a longer effort in hacking to remove something from her throat. There has been nothing in her enviormrnt which has changed.

She is a seven month old piebold miniture dauchsund. She has never exhibited this before. She stopped eating 'Science Diet for puppies' a few weeks ago. We have slowly giving her 'Blue Puppy Food'. to facilitate the transition we have been mixing a boiled chicken and rice mixture with her food as we get her to 1oo% 'Blue Puyyy'. Finally she had a longer than usual hacking period this morning. Nothing has changed in her activity or energy level. we do have garden which she walks through daily. I can think if anything else which may be contributing to this hacking. Thank you in advance for your recommendations and suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 08:37 AM

212 posts, read 641,095 times
Why are you asking total strangers about this on a forum, instead of TAKING THE DOG TO THE VET???

Old 07-13-2010, 09:40 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,958,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMonte View Post
Thank you in advance for your recommendations and suggestions.
See vet. You're welcome.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:48 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,944,918 times
kennel cough possibly-dog needs antibiotics

Old 07-13-2010, 12:00 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,047,807 times
I have a lot of blood and tissue coming out of what appears to be a hole in my head. Sometimes after a lot of blood loss I feel faint and dizzy, like I'm going to pass out. Could this be because I need vitamins?

TAKE THAT POOR DOG TO A VET, LADY!!!!!

Old 07-13-2010, 12:16 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,958,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
kennel cough possibly-dog needs antibiotics
Not if it's viral he doesn't. That's why a vet is just what the doctor ordered. They know stuff like that.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:53 PM

541 posts, read 1,341,216 times
people you do not get that???????

she has no money for the vet...do you not think,she would not have already gone,if she had teh money...i meet so many people,who have no money to bring their pets to the vet..i am really sorry about them...

Old 07-14-2010, 01:02 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,047,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
people you do not get that???????

she has no money for the vet...do you not think,she would not have already gone,if she had teh money...i meet so many people,who have no money to bring their pets to the vet..i am really sorry about them...
Where in the OP's post does it say that she cannot afford a vet?

Old 09-04-2011, 08:28 AM

2 posts, read 10,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathegg88 View Post
Why are you asking total strangers about this on a forum, instead of TAKING THE DOG TO THE VET???
Some nerve...Ya know you are out of yur skin..Some people can't drop everything and run their dog to the vet..costs money...some of us have limited income and must sometimes go online and maybe find a simple cure for little cost I know the first thing i thought was going to vet,but i wanted to get other peoples opinion,even though they are strangers....

Old 09-04-2011, 08:46 AM

266 posts, read 259,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurbkrawler00 View Post
...some of us have limited income and must sometimes go online and maybe find a simple cure for little cost....
Has it occurred to anyone that if they have limited funds and can't afford a vet, maybe they shouldn't own a dog?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs