Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 10:32 PM

418 posts, read 1,382,366 times

Advertisements

Please. Please. PLEASE, do not breed her. My boxer is a example of what happens when people bred and don't know what they are doing. He was sold at 4 weeks old to a man that tied him up in his back yard, beat him, didn't feed him and let other dogs attack him and then left him tied to a pole during an F5 tornado. All this in his first few months of life. He has health problems, he has aggression problems, he is one giant problem. He has turned into a wonderful dog, with a lot of hard work and $$$$.
You can't control who buys the pups.
Now that said, he is the love of my life and I wouldn't trade him for the world. BUT if I had the choice of not knowing my wonderful dog and not having him ever be born and go thru what he went thru...I would honestly choose him not being born. But he was and I love him and we make the best of what we have.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:27 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,833,070 times
Well, hey you are so right....but for all of us animal lovers, indiscriminate "Walmart" and "backdoor breeders" create alot of unnecessary pain and suffering...not to mention alot of the health issues some of these animals have.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:54 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,682,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHoss14 View Post
was just at wal mart and some guy was up there selling his pure bred boxer pups for 150-200$ gave me his number told me to call him when she came into heat again..
Oh how I'd love to work for the IRS hierarchy and run into some of these yahoos, and giving out their numbers, too! I hear auditing can be quite fun!

Seriously, I wonder why they don't pay taxes on that income? Everything else is taxed, right? Could I legally stand by WalMart selling Lemonade, or home-made jewelry and not have to pay taxes? There are even Inheritance taxes!!

Why does nobody go after them?

Last edited by Travel'r; 07-17-2010 at 12:03 AM..

Old 07-17-2010, 09:30 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel'r View Post
Oh how I'd love to work for the IRS hierarchy and run into some of these yahoos, and giving out their numbers, too! I hear auditing can be quite fun!

Seriously, I wonder why they don't pay taxes on that income? Everything else is taxed, right? Could I legally stand by WalMart selling Lemonade, or home-made jewelry and not have to pay taxes? There are even Inheritance taxes!!

Why does nobody go after them?
Priorities of law enforcement. They cannot be everywhere and usually assault and property crimes take precident over someone selling pups on the corner or out of the back of their truck in a parking lot.

Remember, all those cameras on top of Wal-Mart out to their parkinglot s are for the protection of Walmart, not to keep people from breaking the law.

It is supposition that people don't pay taxes just becaue they run a cash enterprise. You have to be able to prove that.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:45 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,293,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

It is supposition that people don't pay taxes just becaue they run a cash enterprise. You have to be able to prove that.
I once emailed 3 byb of Bulldogs in my area pretending to be interested in buying a puppy. After they told me the price, I asked them how much tax was on it. They emailed back saying none. At that point, I had their number, name and location. I told them thank you for your time, I will now be reporting you to the IRS, since not collecting taxes is a crime. I followed through, and 2 of them are now out of business. These were repeat breeders on Craigslist and from what my friend that does puppy mill busts tells me, the gov't will take more interest in someone not paying tax than the actual puppy mill. They just want their money.

Old 07-17-2010, 11:36 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,682,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
I once emailed 3 byb of Bulldogs in my area pretending to be interested in buying a puppy. After they told me the price, I asked them how much tax was on it.... I followed through, and 2 of them are now out of business. These were repeat breeders on Craigslist and from what my friend that does puppy mill busts tells me, the gov't will take more interest in someone not paying tax than the actual puppy mill. They just want their money.
Precisely!
Kudos to you, MAK!!! Just what I was trying to say. Want something done, got to aim for their heartstream -- the almighty $$$$ at stake! Merely being cretins isn't sufficient for the Powers-That-Be to waste their time on them and "just animals."

If the IRS were to visit/audit more of these thanks to tips-- and they'd certainly be in Hog Heaven with the bigger operations too -- there would surely be a price to pay, and things would get done for sure! Penalties, and jail time in some cases!!

If guys like Pete Rose can spend time in the pokey for tax evasion from just selling his autographs, why not these creeps?

Old 07-17-2010, 11:44 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
I once emailed 3 byb of Bulldogs in my area pretending to be interested in buying a puppy. After they told me the price, I asked them how much tax was on it. They emailed back saying none. At that point, I had their number, name and location. I told them thank you for your time, I will now be reporting you to the IRS, since not collecting taxes is a crime. I followed through, and 2 of them are now out of business. These were repeat breeders on Craigslist and from what my friend that does puppy mill busts tells me, the gov't will take more interest in someone not paying tax than the actual puppy mill. They just want their money.
Then you did prove it. Good. Some people with cash enterprises figure their price at that including taxes and simply spearate the tax on their own books and pay the government what is owed. I would agree though that the type of activity we are talking about those are likely not. Perhaps another angle is state /municiple sales tax.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:03 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,699,483 times
best thing to do for your dog is spay her and forget breeding. A good breeder breeds to better the breed. A good breeder also does b4 breeding health testing. It takes alot of money
etc. to do it correct and then for a puppy you don't get papers til you agree to spay etc your dog.

Old 07-17-2010, 05:12 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,588,192 times
Quote:
You rock!!!

Old 07-17-2010, 10:02 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,036,660 times
Quote:
BRILLIANT!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs