Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 09:32 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,428,379 times

Advertisements

I'd offered to take in this little guy a couple weeks ago. Had foster home all set up for him. Then last week I lost my foster home. She was diagnosed with cancer, and fostering while she's going through that is way too much for her.

I got the call from my shelter coordinator last night asking if we were still taking him. I can't go back on my word, so until we get more fosters he's bunking in our over full house.

What a little doll though. He's barely any bigger than Munchi, my long haired chihuahua. He's got a wicked cough right now but the shelter coordinator said the people that had him were serious chain smokers and in a tiny sealed apartment. I'm hoping it's just a 'smokers cough' but we'll know more after his vet appointment on Thursday. My initial thought was severe heartworms or a cardiac problem. Ugh, please no!

He's got a bad flea allergery (at least that's what they called it but I don't think so) and has lost almost all the fur on his tail. The rest of his body was covered in matts when they found him so they shaved him, all but his head. Poor little guy! I'm sure when the rest of that fur grows out though he's going to be stunning!

So, this is Simba. He'll have his vet visit on Thursday for his heartworm test, rabies, de-worm and anything else he needed. He's already neutered, thankfully, so if his appointment goes good on Thursday he can be ready for adoption at this Saturday's event!!

Pictures are from my cell while I was moving so they're a bit blurry. I'll have to do better this week. I've got Thursday off for a FEMA class I'm attending but found out it doesn't start until 6PM in Knoxville so I've got all morning for vet appointments and pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
Latest to the rescue!-simba1.bmp   Latest to the rescue!-simba2.bmp  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 09:35 AM

268 posts, read 703,966 times
Oh, the poor little thing. Im praying he finds a wonderful, loving home. Thankyou for being so good to homeless dogs, you are amazing!

Old 07-27-2010, 09:52 AM

5,012 posts, read 10,692,515 times
He's adorable. I'm hoping for a relatively clean bill of health from the vet. I'm not surprised that he is coughing, given that he has lived with second-hand smoke. I have heard of this happening to other dogs whose owners were smokers. Thank you so much for giving him a great temp home. It will give him a chance to get healthy before he finds his forever home! (:

Old 07-27-2010, 09:55 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,678,559 times
He is so cute

Old 07-27-2010, 09:58 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
I'm not a big fan of little dogs, but this one is so freakin' adorable. What a heart-melter he is. MWAH to Simba! Right on the lips!

Old 07-27-2010, 10:05 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,423,400 times
Oh my holy cuteness. He and Beeze would make a handsome pair!

Old 07-27-2010, 10:13 AM

4,604 posts, read 5,776,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Oh my holy cuteness. He and Beeze would make a handsome pair!
They would make a handsome pair.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:18 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,428,379 times
He's a sweetie too. And seems unphased by everything. Lost in the street in the snow? No biggie. In a chaotic home? No biggie. Given to a new lady brought me to another chaotic home with a bossy long haired chihuahua that won't let me play with the week old kittens? No biggie. He just rolls with everything - nothing upsets him!

Old 07-27-2010, 10:34 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
He's a sweetie too. And seems unphased by everything. Lost in the street in the snow? No biggie. In a chaotic home? No biggie. Given to a new lady brought me to another chaotic home with a bossy long haired chihuahua that won't let me play with the week old kittens? No biggie. He just rolls with everything - nothing upsets him!
Wow! He sounds just like Artie! Well, if I were living in bizzaro, upside-down world.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:56 AM

553 posts, read 1,632,916 times
I think he's handsome, even shaved. Hope his health problems turn out to be nothing, and best wishes for your foster mom who is dealing with cancer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs