Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 12:15 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
Aww Artie, mama's back. Where did Artie get to spend his time when you and the hubby were gone?
He stayed with his previous owner, where he always stays when we go away for more than a weekend. She only gave him up because she travels a lot for work and could no longer impose on friends to babysit him. I was hesitant, at first, to keep in touch with her because it was really difficult for her to rehome him, but she LOVES having him for vacation. (We've done it three years in a row.) Her parents live in New Hampshire and love when they come visit, too, so everyone enjoys our time away. In fact, she's taking an evening course at a university five minutes from our house and has "threatened" to come visit him on her way to or from school. Artie still loves her -- and she him -- so everyone is really happy and relaxed while we're away... even ME!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 12:39 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
He stayed with his previous owner, where he always stays when we go away for more than a weekend. She only gave him up because she travels a lot for work and could no longer impose on friends to babysit him. I was hesitant, at first, to keep in touch with her because it was really difficult for her to rehome him, but she LOVES having him for vacation. (We've done it three years in a row.) Her parents live in New Hampshire and love when they come visit, too, so everyone enjoys our time away. In fact, she's taking an evening course at a university five minutes from our house and has "threatened" to come visit him on her way to or from school. Artie still loves her -- and she him -- so everyone is really happy and relaxed while we're away... even ME!
What a wonderful solution! for everybody, human and dog. Happy it worked out as I am sure Artie is much happier there than he would be in a boarding facility.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
What a wonderful solution! for everybody, human and dog. Happy it worked out as I am sure Artie is much happier there than he would be in a boarding facility.
Oh, I don't think that could EVER happen -- the boarding facility, I mean. He was a mess after his "unfortunate incarceration" and that was actually at a boarding place. No matter the circumstances or where we live, I'll move the moon and the stars for a better solution for him than a boarding facility.

You're right -- it's a perfect solution right now. I just have to hope that everyone stays put.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:19 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
Quote:
Sounds like a good setup (always good to keep the cuddlebugs with folks we trust)! I will be keeping Edison at my parents house when we go for vacation in March to Chicago for a few days and my parents will be checking up on our house and he'll get to come home and run around in the yard. I'm probably more worried about him than he will about us!

Old 12-06-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a good setup (always good to keep the cuddlebugs with folks we trust)! I will be keeping Edison at my parents house when we go for vacation in March to Chicago for a few days and my parents will be checking up on our house and he'll get to come home and run around in the yard. I'm probably more worried about him than he will about us!
That's a PERFECT setup! I wish we had parental units nearby. I'm sure that Edison will have a blast and won't even miss you one bit. [insert "lying face" icon here] Edison will be loved and that's the important part when we're away.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:35 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
He's cute! Did you start your book, yet?

Old 12-06-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
He's cute! Did you start your book, yet?
Yep!! I've been meaning to tell you that I did start it but life got busy. I put it away for now -- I have to concentrate on real (and paying) work -- but when things settle back down, I'll pick it up again.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:37 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
I'm glad to hear you started it! Definitely find time for it again!

Old 12-06-2010, 07:52 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
Quote:
That's a PERFECT setup! I wish we had parental units nearby. I'm sure that Edison will have a blast and won't even miss you one bit. [insert "lying face" icon here] Edison will be loved and that's the important part when we're away.
He's got somebody to keep him company, my parents have a chihuahua mix. Edison has a love/hate relationship with him.
I hope you had a great vacay; I await the pics!

Old 12-06-2010, 07:58 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,290,985 times
Quote:
I await the pics!
I await pics as well. I keep stalking D's FB!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs