Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 03:28 PM

32 posts, read 118,643 times

Advertisements

I just read a story online about a pitt bull raping a toddler in New York. I have never heard of anything like this ever happening in my entire life and I did not even know it was possible and hope that the authorities take a look at family members of the child. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? I think that this is a very sad and unfortunate thing to have happened and my prayers are with the little boy and his family.

WIVB TV4 Buffalo, Niagara Falls, New York News and Weather - Bizarre and Disturbing Dog Attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 04:04 PM

525 posts, read 2,353,206 times
Oy, what a mess this one is. Many many folks, myself included, suspect there is FAR MORE going on. Like take a look at all the males that had access to the poor child. Without any ohter info, which I hope comes out, the suspicion is that the dog was the cover up for something more sinister. Lockport has its share of problems, many of which are sexual abuse, just like many places in this country.

I pray the Dog does not pay a needless price for a human's behavior. Regardless, it needs to be looked at in terms of a todler being left alone with a dog, I will leave breed out of the discussion as I feel the breed has 0% do with this situation.

I find the whole story fishy, and have seen and heard of humans going further than this to cover up a misdeed of their own or someone elses, so I reserve judgement until all the HUMANS involved are investigated. I just hope the authorities are smart enough to take the investigation far enough.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:36 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,209,658 times
I don't believe it. Was the child running around without any clothes? That's possible I guess. However, the report says that there were no bite marks, so how did the dog hold the child in a position where entry was possible?

I've seen many dogs "humping" someone's leg, so if the child was still, with a bare butt, I guess that the dog might be able to get in. But this child was badly damaged. That's the one thing that really sounds fishey

Old 07-12-2007, 04:48 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,427,576 times
Edited .

Old 07-12-2007, 06:38 PM

525 posts, read 2,353,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
I don't believe it. Was the child running around without any clothes? That's possible I guess. However, the report says that there were no bite marks, so how did the dog hold the child in a position where entry was possible?

I've seen many dogs "humping" someone's leg, so if the child was still, with a bare butt, I guess that the dog might be able to get in. But this child was badly damaged. That's the one thing that really sounds fishey
EXACTLY. Just a few of dozens of questions regarding this story. From A to Z the whole thing is off IMHO.

I think the story is currently Mother was changing diaper, left the room for something, and the rest begins. I have also read that the dog took/removed all clothing from the baby......but that is just so stupid it may have been a "comment" from an individual that I read.

So sad, so sick, so stomach turning. The child and the dog-the two victims-and neither can TELL us what happened. We rely on the Mother, whom I strongly would question, and the neighbors, who don't really know how this started or what happened.

UGH, I hope we all get more information so we can form opinions and decisions can be made that are based on fact, not emotion. Sad for everyone involved, that poor baby #1, and for all parents and dog owners to even have to think about something like this.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:41 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,849,856 times
I heard about the stories like that back in my home country before I got here. Babies should not be left out with the dogs. Anyway, the story is EDITED. I DON'T BELIEVE IT.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:56 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,090,189 times
I wish that I had not read this. Very upsetting for me to read about and I can't imagine what the family must be going through. The child will most likely not remember it when grown up I hope.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:49 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,913,786 times
I find this story very, very hard to believe. And I seriously think people should hold their judgments till every last detail is uncovered.
But because it was a "pit bull" people are going to jump all over it. {{...shaking head in disgust...}}

"Animal advocates agree that this case is an unusual one. While pit bulls are notorious for being aggressive, they say it's not always true."

Glad they threw the "not always true" statement in there.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:12 PM

79 posts, read 277,783 times
Absolutely NOT!.....Dogs do not RAPE humans...humans rape humans...that poor child, and yes, he will be tramatized for the rest of his life,..grrrr...

Old 07-12-2007, 08:22 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,849,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prango View Post
Absolutely NOT!.....Dogs do not RAPE humans...humans rape humans...that poor child, and yes, he will be tramatized for the rest of his life,..grrrr...
THAT IS TRUE!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs