Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 10:45 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,417,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkyjournalism.com
Buffalo area media outlets reported the “bizarre and disturbing” story of two-year old pitbull named "Bear" raping a two-year-old child. StinkyJournalism.org finds two misquoted experts crying foul; hospital saying child protection agency is involved; an SPCA Executive Director revealing that mother has “relocated” and giving StinkyJournalism advance notice of results of dog's official behavioral analysis.
First paragraph says it all really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 10:47 AM

1,174 posts, read 5,904,579 times
As the story says, fortunately nobody at the hospital or the District Attorney's office are taking these events at face value. Even the animal control officer doesn't believe it.

Thanks for posting this. I'm happy that it looks like the dog will survive and be placed in another home, but very sad for that child. It's too fishy that the mom just suddenly disappeared. I think she knows this story isn't going to wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSayNo View Post
StinkyJournalism.com has a good (and interesting) article about this case at Pit Bull "Molested And Attacked" Toddler? -

Thankfully, it appears that there are SOME reasonable and intelligent people involved in this case. HOPEFULLY, the Mother's disappearing act and the fact that the story changes everytime it is told, will allow futher investigation to find the REAL criminal in this case. My bet is the criminal does NOT have four legs and a tail

I hope to god they dig deep enough to find the SOB that did this. AND that Bear is released for adoption and never has to find his way back to these scum and the poor boy is removed entirely.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:53 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,279,740 times
JustSayNo, THANK YOU for producing at least one sliver of hope that the whole world hasn't gone mad. I agree with every single word you say - and momma needs to be prosecuted for causing public alarm. Ridiculous.

BrianH, I don't know about the info on the UK - it's for sure that there are idiots trying to breed ban in the U.S., including the homeowner insurance companies who are getting away with it.

Again, a big thanks to everyone who weighed in here. It doesn't take much interaction with the canine world to know thre was something terribly wrong from the beginning of this story.

Hoping mom and boyfriend/husband/SO scumbag serve time. Lots of time, 'cause that kid will be serving time in his mind for the rest of his life.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:53 AM

525 posts, read 2,352,225 times
Exactly, exactly Jason and Brian. I am soooooo relieved that the general "population" for the most part is seeing right through this load of dung. While the initial report sickened me, my forst thoughts were "Oh boy, the pittie- and dog-haters are going to jump all over this" I really thought, cynic that I am, that the masses would believe this BS. I am so proud of my fellow humans that we are seeing right through this, that there are people on the side of Bear and the baby, and the REAL story hopefully will be uncovered because of the public's attention and crying "foul."

Thanks guys and gals for making one human keep their faith in the rest of the humans

Sam I Am, we posted at the same time! A BIG THANK YOU right back at ya baby. You and I obviously have been "resotred" at the same time. Oh at Rotties rock-one of my favorite breeds, right next to my Big old bad Sheps. Woofs and wags to all.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:00 AM

525 posts, read 2,352,225 times
Sam-I accidently hit quick-rep, not comment rep, but THANKS back to you.

Jason, it will not let me rep you, but I would if I could!!

Old 07-15-2007, 11:09 AM

Sam, my friend owns two female Staffs in the UK and he said he hasnt heard anything of the sort. I think london (or manchester) does have a BSL though. NOt the whole UK.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:12 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,279,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Sam, my friend owns two female Staffs in the UK and he said he hasnt heard anything of the sort. I think london (or manchester) does have a BSL though. NOt the whole UK.
Dang, Brian, I was hoping the UK was more evolved than the U.S....sounds like there are just scaredy-cats everywhere!

This story in itself makes you wonder....how come the paparazzi have to question why no one believes their articles? Between this kind of crap and the National Enquirer, the whole country is turning into a loony bin.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:14 AM

Well I was searching for my information I gave my City Council when I fought BSL, and the City that banned PitBull Type dogs, they bite and sever bite attacks didnt falter at all. Stayed the exact same. Ignorance is bliss Sam, thats all I can say.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:19 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,301,464 times
I agree that this story sounds fishy...I would not be likely to believe family members at all.

If the Child protective services are involved, that speaks volumes and I would think they would be on this one immediatly, someone at the hospital would have to have called them.

Hopefuly the police are wise enough to look into the people within that family.

How long do you ignore a 2 year old...surely if this were happening the child would be screaming bloody murder...it just makes no sense to me.

I have also heard people say that in Austrailia Kangaroos have been known to rape someone but I have never seen an actual story about it.

This is probably a case of a person blaming a dog for what they did...the family is more interested in protecting the person AND therefore giving them access to the child again.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:49 AM

1,174 posts, read 5,904,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSayNo View Post
Sam-I accidently hit quick-rep, not comment rep, but THANKS back to you.

Jason, it will not let me rep you, but I would if I could!!
Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs