Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 04:48 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,666,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atina33 View Post
Blondie, thank you for all that you are doing. Since AC and HS are of no help, how about going up the ladder a bit? Contact the national office of the HS and perhaps a city councilman or whatever the equivalent is in your area.

Also maybe contact some area dog rescue groups to see what they suggest. Leaving a dog outside with no water is criminal and should not be allowed to continue. Also, you should not have to spend your hard-earned money to sustain THEIR dogs.

I think you also said in the earlier thread that the one dog barks constantly. Could you file a formal complaint about that? Years ago, a neighbor kept his dog tied up 24/7 (this is now illegal here in LA so yeah!); we complained, actually had an arbitration meeting with some city official and the neighbor about this; in the end, the dog was gone. I'm not sure what happened to him but either way, it had to be better than being tied up for his whole life.

Another thought---what if WE all wrote a letter to your local AC or HS? You could email us the POS' address privately.

Good luck and THANK YOU for caring. These dogs are lucky to have you.
That poor dog has been barking for so many years now he has gone half hoarse. He does not have an annoying bark to me. The only thing that bothers me about the bark is he wants in the house and his bark falls on deaf ears.
I did inquire about going the barking route. I was informed that if I go to city hall and file a complaint about the barking they will supply my name and address to the owner, it will not be kept private! So that shut that down. That is when I then went to AC.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:57 PM

UPDATE: They love the food I got them at Petsmart. I am able to slice it and hand it to them thru the chain link fence on their side. This food worked out perfect!
You may want to get some for your dogs as a treat! My dogs also love it!!!!!! They go nutso for it!
It is a log found in a refridge section in the store (PETSMART) and it is called PetFresh, Deli Fresh ( I got the chicken, vegetable and rice one.) When you slice it you can see all the carrots and green veggies in it.
$13.00 FOR 6 LB log.

Will keep you posted when those poor dogs dig out of that yard!

Old 03-02-2011, 09:36 PM

7,384 posts, read 12,685,905 times
Thank you for caring about those poor little souls--it appears that you're their only friend in the world. I read the whole thread this afternoon, one page after the other, and I am so moved by your initiative. Best of luck, and keep us posted...

Old 03-03-2011, 01:03 PM

3,751 posts, read 12,412,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
UPDATE: They love the food I got them at Petsmart. I am able to slice it and hand it to them thru the chain link fence on their side. This food worked out perfect!
You may want to get some for your dogs as a treat! My dogs also love it!!!!!! They go nutso for it!
It is a log found in a refridge section in the store (PETSMART) and it is called PetFresh, Deli Fresh ( I got the chicken, vegetable and rice one.) When you slice it you can see all the carrots and green veggies in it.
$13.00 FOR 6 LB log.

Will keep you posted when those poor dogs dig out of that yard!
I'm glad you found a system that works for getting food to them. Maybe that will give them enough energy to dig on out of there!

Old 03-03-2011, 04:27 PM

1,457 posts, read 4,057,622 times
First, thank you for caring about these poor dogs!! Sounds like you are winning them over with food. Did you dig a hole for them? Maybe you can feed them while a friend digs a hole to go under the fence. I would have thought animal control would have done something especially since they have no food or water, being left outside all day. Those are necessities. It's disgusting what some people do. If you need someone to help you dig a hole, give me a holler, I'm in Palm Beach County.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:37 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,274,691 times
Blondie... I know what a special person you are. All your beautiful dogs have that smile that tells anyone what a special Mama you are.
I'm glad this specail log food works out.
I would think the short haired dog would stop barking at you since you are feeding them. If he doesn't then that poor dog may have other issues.
I'm glad the huskie dog knows how much you care for him.

I have a neighbor that doesn't care for his dogs. He just wants them to bark if someone comes around.
The one dog loves our Rotts. He is always at our house, because the owner lets the dogs run lose all the time. I let the dog in & he goes in our back yard & plays with the Rotts.
I feed him twice a day. He has fresh clean water to drink when he comes here.
Last year I told the owner I would like to take his dog that is here all the time to our vet to have a fecal done & heartworm test at our expense. If he's negative on heartworms we would even give him monthly HW medication. He actually said "NO". That is the type of person I have to deal with. Some people shouldn't have dogs.
Last year I also picked off at least 30-40 ticks off of each of his dogs in 1 day. I told him he needs to get some frontline or I willl put it on them at my expense. He actually bought some frontline, but I have to remind him EVERY month to do it.
I love all dogs... but even tho I shouldn't... I hate a lot of people out there that treat their dogs this way. I know we humans shouldn't hate other humans, but how can you like a person that mistreats & abuses their dogs.

Blondie good luck with the dogs.

I'm sure these people shouldn't have kids either. Too bad you couldn't find some birth control info & have it sent to their house. It probably wouldn't work. The more kids the more food stamps they get. people like this just make me sick.

Good luck Blondie...good luck.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:16 PM

I JUST called Animal Control and the cops. THOSE POOR DOGS are sitting by my fence in the POURING rain for over an hour now. They are soaked!
AC said nothing could be done right now, so I called the cops! I have to break them out of there SOON. Problem is where will they go? UGH!
Disgusted with NO laws for protecting animals in harms way!

Last edited by Blondie621; 03-04-2011 at 05:34 PM..

Old 03-04-2011, 06:12 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,822,380 times
Get photos of the rain-soaked dogs. Just start building up an evidence file. I don't know what else to do at this point.

Read up on the animal control ordinances/laws. Try to find out under what conditions AC can act on. And if they don't, I'd take the photos and any other evidence you have to a city council meeting to complain about AC's lack of response to remedy the situation.

Let us know what happens with the cops.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:26 PM

1,457 posts, read 4,057,622 times
Call around to shelters now and see if they are accepting dogs. Tell them they are strays, and hopefully they won't be microchipped. Try the shelters down in Palm Beach County too. If you want I can get some numbers together for you. Good luck with the cops! And why does it have to take an almost dead dog for the animal control to do something? I would go down there and speak to someone at the shelter if I were you.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:31 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,437,357 times
If they came from the humane society they may well be microchipped although this particular one sounds pretty shaky. Call them and say you're thinking about adopting a dog, and what comes with the adoption fee. Then you'll know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs