Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 02:18 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,739,045 times

Advertisements

I got our Bichon Frise in 2007, as a rescue. Shortly after my dad was diagnosed with cancer, my parents moved in with us. After a few months, my parents grew to love our dog. He spent time with my parents. My dad had him do tricks that I taught him. He would sit with my mom when she sat on the couch watching television. We went together for long walks together.

A couple of weeks ago, my father passed away. Our dog stayed with my dad in the bedroom, never leaving his side. Never barking. In the last few minutes of my dad's life, our dog rested at the foot of his bed. As my father's breaths were his last, my dog licked my dad's hands - as if to say farewell, my friend. To my dad's dying moment, Snowy was at my dad's side. The day afterwards, after my dad was transported away, my dog was on my bed overlooking my dad's hospital bed. He didn't move. He really looked like he was mourning my father's death. It was a beautiful thing to see our dog show his love and his respect for my dad.

That act clinched my mom's love and admiration for our dog, even more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 02:20 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,851,628 times
So sorry for your loss, but what a sweet story. I am sure Snowy is more precious than ever to your family. <<hugs>>

Old 04-19-2011, 02:32 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,817,916 times
I am very sorry for your loss.

Your story is such a beautiful example of how sensitive and affectionate dogs are, and how they have a way into our human hearts without ever saying a word. One just has to learn how to listen.

God bless all your family and Snowy, of course, who is an important part of it.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:40 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,970,870 times
Bichons are really loving dogs. They stick to you like glue.
Here is mine:

Old 04-19-2011, 07:37 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,114,938 times
My condolences as well. I now have a 8 year old Bichon who we rescued at age 2. She is my constant companion and definitely a member of our family. Before we got Lucy, we had Paul, my first Bichon for over 16 years. He went everywhere with us, visited me in the hospital in a big bag, and again was my shadow.

I finally had to make the difficult decision to send him to the Rainbow Bridge. I was quite upset but knew I had to be there with him. I couldn't let him go alone. I was crying and sobbing and the last thing Paul did on this earth was to lift up his head to lick my cheek. He was comforting me I know. What a loyal and loving dog. I will never forget him. I don't think I will ever have any dog unless it is a Bichon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs