Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 11:35 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,080,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
BBWWHAHHAHAHHAAAA....
He heard you laughing at him, E!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 11:44 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,928,720 times
Artie's a riot! But at least he wants to b friendly to the big doll.
Winnie, on the other hand, went crazy when I brought in two 18-inch tall "girl" dolls that I'd bought for my nieces for Christmas. They are still in boxes, but Winnie thinks they're real little girls and went crazy barking until I hid them in the basement.

One of our kitties like to mark books by biting the cover while we read. We have lots of books with nice teeth marks (even a signed first-edition--gulp). Hope she doesn't follow Artie's lead and decide to bit my Kindle when I get it.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Winnie, on the other hand, went crazy when I brought in two 18-inch tall "girl" dolls that I'd bought for my nieces for Christmas. They are still in boxes, but Winnie thinks they're real little girls and went crazy barking until I hid them in the basement.

One of our kitties like to mark books by biting the cover while we read. We have lots of books with nice teeth marks (even a signed first-edition--gulp). Hope she doesn't follow Artie's lead and decide to bit my Kindle when I get it.
It's ironic: "Artie" and "friendly" in the same sentence. I can't even grasp that concept. (That said, every time my dog walker -- the one we had in CT and this new one here in MA -- calls or texts me after a walk, she says how great he was. I'm always convinced that she went to the wrong house.)

So you decided to go with the Kindle, then? Honestly, I was so against e-readers, but I really do love mine and am disappointed when my library doesn't have the Kindle version of a book that I want and I have to buy it in real paper. Oh, how the tides have turned... I got mine a while ago, so it's the one with the keypad, so I don't know how the "touch" ones work. Anyway, whichever you get, I hope you enjoy it as much as I'm liking mine.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:52 PM

I figured since you hijacked your own thread.....
I asked for the Kindle Keyboard for Christmas. They're going to stop making the keyboard and just have touch screens, and frankly, I get ticked off by my touch screen on my Droid (screen stutter, touch screen lag, etc). Plus, if I'm reading and have dogs or cats jumping on me, I don't want to accidently touch the screen and change something important.

I was kicking and screaming agianst getting an e-reader, but I'm into the idea now, at least to supplement my real books, not to replace them.

But back to wacky dogs.....................

Old 12-12-2011, 12:53 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,449,901 times
Actually, Artie's not alone in this!

Very funny dog! Really determined too...[ORIGINAL] - YouTube

Old 12-12-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
I figured since you hijacked your own thread.....
I asked for the Kindle Keyboard for Christmas. They're going to stop making the keyboard and just have touch screens, and frankly, I get ticked off by my touch screen on my Droid (screen stutter, touch screen lag, etc). Plus, if I'm reading and have dogs or cats jumping on me, I don't want to accidently touch the screen and change something important.

I was kicking and screaming agianst getting an e-reader, but I'm into the idea now, at least to supplement my real books, not to replace them.

But back to wacky dogs.....................
Oh, please, I don't care about hijacking. Want to talk weather next? No problem!

I'm guessing that, since you sound so much like me ("I will NOT read a book on a "device"), that you're going to surprise yourself and like it, too. I hope so!

PS. I just got my first semi-smartphone in May of this year. (I say "semi" because it's really lousy and chintzy.) My Android is arriving this week. I don't know why, at 46, I've decided that I need all this technology now. I work from home, so it's not as if I even *need* a Droid. But, apparently, my husband thinks it would be GREAT! FUN! to play Words With Friends on our phones while we're sitting across the room from each other, so he ordered me a phone like his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
OMG! I'm dying laughing. DYING! That's hysterical!!!! Artie was more patient, just staring up at Cliff, hoping for some interaction. Honestly, if Artie had acted as rambunctious as the dog in the video, Jeremy and I would have peed in our pants laughing.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:51 PM

46! I thought you were younger than me (42). You look about 20 in your profile picture!

Old 12-12-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
46! I thought you were younger than me (42). You look about 20 in your profile picture!
Thanks! My grey hairs would give me away. That picture isn't current (maybe it's 6 or 7 years old) but it's my favorite picture of myself (great hair day!).

Old 12-12-2011, 02:07 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,055,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
He heard you laughing at him, E!
not AT him.... WITH him.... or at least with you and J......

Quote:

A couple of years ago, someone sent me a card that was a chihuahua face on the front.... i set it on a table for a while, and the dogs went nuts barking at it.... a freakin' greeting card!!

Old 12-12-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
not AT him.... WITH him.... or at least with you and J......
HAHAHAHA!!!! That's what I tell him every time I laugh AT him. That I'm laughing WITH him.

That just made me realize: I spend a lot of time talking -- literally; out loud -- to Artie. Hmmmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs