Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 10:56 PM

692 posts, read 3,857,195 times

Advertisements

Hi I'm Merrit and I'm new

I thought before making a bunch of posts I'm start a thread and introduce Teddie. I adopted a little Shih Tzu and named him Teddie Ruxpin.

I work with an animal rescue named A Different Breed and about three months ago a couple picked him up in Illinois. He was in the middle of a busy street and was almost hit by a car. Covered by mats and burs he was groomed further de-matted, but this couple couldn't keep him. So they brought him up to an adoption and were directed to me.

I was left with the decision of let him be taken to the city shelter or take him home and try to find him a new home. I took him home, not in the mind of keeping him, but just three days later I was in love.

I later found out he had been on the street twice before this one when he was picked up. His owner(s) picked him up but didn't fill out any information on his microchip. I looked hard for his owner(s), but to no prevail I couldn't find anyone.

Since I didn't find an owner of any sort and I couldn't get him into the special Shih Tzu rescue I had planned on taking him to; I took him to get his annual shots and to be neutered. I was thinking I would get most back when he was adopted and I got the adoption fee.

Well 2 months later and he doesn't look like he's going any were. All of our dogs love him and play with him which was kind of the selling point. We also have Buster who needed to loose some weight and with some of Teddies help he's dropped 10 lbs.

With that being said let me introduce Teddie http://www.petshub.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif (broken link)
Before:

After:--------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 09:06 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,280,455 times
Congrats for rescuing this little one! He's quite the cutie and I'm thinking he's getting a tad spoiled?

Old 09-06-2007, 09:14 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,709,893 times
There's only one thing more adorable than his name, and that is HIMSELF!
It doesn't get any better than that. You're wonderful for taking him and AND KEEPING HIM!

Many happy hours, days, years to you and your family!

Old 09-06-2007, 09:26 AM

5,073 posts, read 4,738,597 times
I LOVE that cute lil' face, can you imagine such a sweetie living out on the street and not in the warm lap of his loving home? It breaks my heart to think of it. Thank god for people like you and all others who rescue.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:18 AM

1,397 posts, read 4,848,232 times
He'll get SO SPOILED...

Old 09-06-2007, 11:19 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,094,841 times
How cute! I bet he's sweet too!

Old 09-06-2007, 11:34 AM

159 posts, read 355,871 times
Thumbs up What a handsome boy

Teddy is a very handsome boy and what a great story about how he came to be with you.

That's why as much as I would really like to foster dogs, I don't think it would be a good idea. I would probably just end up keeping all of the dogs because I couldn't stand to see them go.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:55 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,910,951 times
Welcome Merrit!

I love reading about *positive* dog stories. Reps to you!

Good for you for saving the little guy...he's a cutie!

Old 09-06-2007, 01:04 PM

570 posts, read 1,821,119 times
Aww, little Teddy is so cute. I can tell he is a wonderful addition to your family, especially for helping your other dog Buster loose some weight. I can tell he is spoiled rotten, I would spoil him to.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:14 PM

692 posts, read 3,857,195 times
Wow thank you for such a warm welcome!

He is a tad bit spoiled, but what can I say. After seeing him in such bad shape and to what he looks like now; he's my little gem in the rough.

SharPit- It took my fifth foster to finally keep Mr. Teddie. So it took some time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs