Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 02:54 AM

5,094 posts, read 12,594,669 times

Advertisements

We often celebrate dogs birthdays at agility club practice by having treats for both the dogs and the humans it is harmless fun for all.

I have friends that have often bought my dogs gifts for their birthdays once again harmmless fun. Another dogs owner at the dog park bought Chaos a birthday present ( the collar jewelry or bling) and said it was from his dog who is her boyfriend. The man has a life and works for the DA he just thought it was a nice gesture as he likes Chaos a lot as does his dog!

I too do not understand why some people have to come on here and be so rude as what is wrong about having fun with your pet? It does not hurt anyone and to many a pet is part of the family so if celebrating its birthday makes you happy what is wrong with it. no the people that need to get a life are the ones that come on forums like this just to get others stirred up by making rude comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 05:55 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,425,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashdog View Post
we often celebrate dogs birthdays at agility club practice by having treats for both the dogs and the humans it is harmless fun for all.

I have friends that have often bought my dogs gifts for their birthdays once again harmmless fun. Another dogs owner at the dog park bought chaos a birthday present ( the collar jewelry or bling) and said it was from his dog who is her boyfriend. The man has a life and works for the da he just thought it was a nice gesture as he likes chaos a lot as does his dog!

i too do not understand why some people have to come on here and be so rude as what is wrong about having fun with your pet? it does not hurt anyone and to many a pet is part of the family so if celebrating its birthday makes you happy what is wrong with it. No the people that need to get a life are the ones that come on forums like this just to get others stirred up by making rude comments.
+1

Old 06-12-2012, 06:05 AM

19,542 posts, read 9,559,393 times
Google "parties for dogs", evidently lots of other people have

Old 06-12-2012, 06:51 AM

737 posts, read 2,588,986 times
Since our dogs are rescues, we don't have a clue when they were actually born. But pretty much, they think everyday is a party for them and that all people food being prepared is for them (not). I only have one that I would consider taking to a dog birthday party, so for that reason, we wouldn't be good hosts if we included the whole "family".

I think it is a cute idea for the well-behaved pets and a nice reason for the humans with common interests to get together. A win-win.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:06 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,362,970 times
We have always made a fuss over Bear and Angel on thier Birthdays.

Just like kids...as they grow different things are important to them.

But....cake and ice cream remains a hit at the end of the day.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:32 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,613,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Seriously?

I don't celebrate Artie's birthday in any party sort of way, but why the snarky comments? Why would you ask the OP if they had no life? There are TONS of people who throw all-out birthday parties for their dogs. There are entire businesses set up for exactly that. So, it's not SO bizarre. It's only bizarre for YOU. So why bother posting on the thread? It's like on the food forum, when the question is "What do you buy at Starbucks?" and people respond with "Starbucks??? I'd never go there! I hate that place." That wasn't the question. The question was "What do you buy there?"

So, this question is "Dog's Birthday: What do you do?"

Either don't answer at all... or say that you don't celebrate your dog's birthday.

Attacking the OP and asking if they have a life is not a valid response to the question.

Thank you. This has been your lesson in etiquette for today.

ETA: I'm sure that, now, I'll be attacked for this comment. But, really, I don't believe that you'd say that to the OP if they were standing right in front of you, and I really have a hard time accepting such rudeness.
Great post, I wish I could rep you again.

Like another poster I'm not sure of birthdays so I make a guess. Right now the parties have two dogs, one cat, and one person. I try to have a menu that all can enjoy. I was able to get some brains this year in Utah so we all had scrambled brains and eggs for breakfast. Then the dogs have rib eye steaks for dinner. I've never seen a dog or cat cake and am not much of a baker. Cat party dinners always feature chicken for dinner but he likes scrambled eggs as well as everybody else although he insists on his regular food as well.. We celebrate my birthday and holidays the same way.

Last edited by Happy in Wyoming; 06-12-2012 at 08:42 AM..

Old 06-12-2012, 10:20 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,806,136 times
Our dog Howie was born on October 28th and he really belongs to the neighborhood shorties. We did him an injustice by adopting him as he belongs with a family with kids. We celebrate his birthday on Halloween as I have a big party for the kids every year. The shorties love the party and singing Happy Birthday to Howie. It's just another fun activity to go along with the Halloween Party. Howie has as much fun as the kids as well. So many sniffs, so many treats and a new chew chew.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:09 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,609,856 times
I'd love to have a party for my dog! We don't have other doggie friends to have over though

I'm taking her to a nosework class for her birthday - the date of which I don't know but if the former owner told the truth it's this month sometime. I'll also make her a nice meal for her adoption day in October.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:14 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,690,917 times
I use to do something a bit special like a natural meat treat until I realized those lazy oofs forgot my birthday the last few years. Yeah they took their treats at birthday, chirstmas, Bastile Day and King Kamahamaha Day but come my birthday what did i get? Nothing nada, zilch... The bums....

Old 06-12-2012, 03:22 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,435,704 times
I get doggie kisses on my birthday. They don't have much money, so they give me what they have and it's a very nice present! And it doesn't even have to be my birthday.
I've tried suggesting they could be good dogs all day for a really nice birthday present, but so far it's proved too much for them. Maybe next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs