Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 09:28 AM

2,391 posts, read 5,049,395 times

Advertisements

Every year that my dog has had a birthday, I have a party for him at home. Everyone brings their dog and some have behavioral dogs, so they don't bring them. We have a potluck dinner and I get a doggie cake from a local dog bakery. What do you all do for your dog's birthday~? I'm thinking of doing something else, but don't know what and need some ideas. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 09:30 AM

833 posts, read 1,714,501 times
Sounds like you need to get yourself a life !

Old 06-11-2012, 09:38 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf fan View Post
Wow......is that a life like posting on a forum????

Old 06-11-2012, 09:48 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,774,983 times
Usually I do nothing, however, my Shih Tzu is turning 18 on June 23rd and I have bought him a little hat and giving him his favorite dinner...chicken with green beans....I will take a picture of him as I believe this will be his last birthday...he is blind and deaf and starting to walk very stiffly.

My friend takes her baby on a car ride every birthday and to the beach as her dog loves to swim in the gulf, they both have a fun day!

And don't pay attention to the smart azzs, they are the ones who need to get a life.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:03 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
Artie's not a party animal, but I give him extra treats and extra love. And I sing "happy birthday" to him -- which, with my voice, is NOT a treat.

Oh, Redwolf Fan? That's really uncalled for. Plenty of people do extraordinary things for their dogs on their birthdays. Did you have a spectacularly lousy birthday this year... or just wake up on the wrong side of the dog bed today?

Old 06-11-2012, 10:05 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,793 times
I offer to take her out for a beer, but then I realize dogs aren't allowed in restaurants, so I just go drink a beer without her.

Happy Birthday!!

Old 06-11-2012, 10:08 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,427,629 times
I know I've seen that the majority of dog owners celebrate their dogs birthdays! And why not?
We just get cake or cupcakes- human ones, no chocolate. We sing Happy Birthday, blow out a candle and the dogs get some cake, which is a huge treat because they wouldn't normally get that. Sometimes we put birthday hats on them, sometimes not. That part is definitely for us, not them if we do!

Old 06-11-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf fan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Wow......is that a life like posting on a forum????

For your information, "Three Dog Bakery" has a party room here to rent out for your dogs party, sells doggies cakes, etc. Many people here give dog parties and they wouldn't be in the business otherwise~!

Old 06-11-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollydo View Post
Usually I do nothing, however, my Shih Tzu is turning 18 on June 23rd and I have bought him a little hat and giving him his favorite dinner...chicken with green beans....I will take a picture of him as I believe this will be his last birthday...he is blind and deaf and starting to walk very stiffly.

My friend takes her baby on a car ride every birthday and to the beach as her dog loves to swim in the gulf, they both have a fun day!

And don't pay attention to the smart azzs, they are the ones who need to get a life.
Thanks for your post and the other ones below you I've been to the Gulf side of Florida, but like the Atlantic side. Your more dog friendly there in Florida than we are in Kentucky. There are people I know who don't give dog parties, but I have. I have no family I claim except my dog and our birthdays are 2 weeks apart. So we celebrate together and when the neighbors bring that real good wine....it's all good then.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:16 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Are you serious? WOW and I thought I had no life. I did those things for my children on their birthday but no way I'm doing that for the dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs