Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 08:18 AM

65 posts, read 111,790 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 08:19 AM

Old 12-18-2012, 08:21 AM

Old 12-18-2012, 08:34 AM

809 posts, read 2,189,137 times
Awwwwww. What a beautiful boy. Thanks for sharing pictures of him.

How did last night go?

Old 12-18-2012, 08:43 AM

Very good. He was very quiet and in no pain at all. I am sooooo relieved and grateful

Old 12-18-2012, 10:45 AM

501 posts, read 1,296,766 times
The rayjacky doggie is a handsome boy! Oh, those eyes and the photo on the bed with his paw beside his nose...he just looks huggable

Stupid, stupid malignancies, hate 'em all. I am glad that ugly thing is gone from your boy - that made me remember all the decisions I've had to make with my older dogs, like you did, where I had to weigh my dog's age and history and current health issues against the odds that surgery alone might cause him more harm than the tumor itself. Or worry that I might have missed an easy opportunity to get a lucky curative surgery for a nasty thing like a mct because I wasn't sure they'd make it through the surgery and post op recovery process, when it turned out to be no problem at all for them when I did do it.

We just have to do our best to weigh all the odds and make a choice and hope for the best. But that part is behind you on this one, and now it is just the waiting game. Thanks for sharing those great photos!

Old 12-18-2012, 10:56 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,551,467 times
Keep up the pain meds, as it's better to stay ahead of it. My wife after a surgery, felt better, stopped taking them and the next few days she was in pain and couldn't get ahead of it with the pills. He'll likely feel and look better, but won't show signs of pain until it's too late for the pills to be most effective. They'll also keep him less active, allowing him to heal quicker.

Great looking guy. He'll hopefully have several more years of a good life. I'm guessing you'll spoil him as much as he deserves.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:06 AM

Exactly right sugarsugar !!! Can't put in to words more accurately.

"that made me remember all the decisions I've had to make with my older dogs, like you did, where I had to weigh my dog's age and history and current health issues against the odds that surgery alone might cause him more harm than the tumor itself. Or worry that I might have missed an easy opportunity to get a lucky curative surgery for a nasty thing like a mct because I wasn't sure they'd make it through the surgery and post op recovery process, when it turned out to be no problem at all for them when I did do it. "

The process of thinking of everything, weighing every option, trying not to miss or skip anything..
I'm just glad this is over for us right now and he is right next to me

Old 12-18-2012, 11:35 AM

5,094 posts, read 12,594,669 times
What beautiful boy! That is really a great looking GSD. I m glad he is recovering well and hope he continues to do so and that the tumor is low grade. Thanks for posting photos. Hope you both have a great holiday

Old 12-18-2012, 12:16 PM

Thank you Dashdog .

You all have a great holiday too. I'll keep you updated how we're doing and how he's recovering.

He's pretty good today. One thing thou he is a little bored today I cleared all of his toys from the house (He likes to bite and shake the toys) that would be bad for the surgery area since it's on his neck I don't want stitches to tear. I'll give his toys one day at a time for the next couple of days. We'll visit his vet in a week for post op check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs