Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 05:29 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,284,917 times

Advertisements

Lucy is a 11 year old Bichon who had such a terrible itch she was turning pink from licking herself. She was two toned.
Obviously she was allergic to her food-a high quality no grain chicken formula. When I went to our specialized pet food store where I have always bought her food i had decided to switch to beef formula but the clerk told me any land animal used in pet food has been fed grain and it probably wouldn't help. so I bought the seafood formula and she is so much better. Slowly but surely I am having her groomed so the pink fur is removed and one day she will be her beautiful white self again. But more than appearance improvement Lucy isn't as miserable as she was anymore. I love Lucy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 01:00 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,915,545 times
thats GREAT news and one of the things i tell people who say "my dogs allergic to chicken" (lamb beef ect)
i highly doubt the majority o dogs are allergic to chicken or beef or lamb ect....but the food the protein source was fed...ABSOLULTY! most meat raised for human and pet consumption are fed a diet high in corn, soy and wheet, the 3 biggest allergens in dogs (and soy is a huge one in humans too)

and because its also such an unnatural food for the "meat" animal too (most are developed to eat bugs, grasses, roots ect, not ried commercial grains) they also have to pump the meat full of hormones and antibiotics to keep them alive long enough to slaughter...

Im SOOOO glad you foundsomething that works for lucy, plus i bet he coat looks fabulous with all those omega 3s in seafood based foods!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs