Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 07:59 PM

4 posts, read 14,287 times

Advertisements

Another thought....exercise, exercise, exercise! A tired dog is a calm dog. Maybe he'll be too tired to follow you around the house! ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 08:22 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,941 times
Hahaha that is true, and sometimes works. Sometimes after a long walk we'll get home and he's end up in bed and doesn't care where I am. Not always though, I've had it where I've taken him on walks and he'll end up racing around outside a few minutes later. Wish I had that kind of energy.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:30 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
In the video, I see a normal dog who wants to be in whatever room the owner is in. Our dogs always relocate to whatever room we are in. IMO a Velcro dog would be on that literally leans against you or sits on your lap CONSTANTLY and never rests on the floor nearby.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:16 AM

857 posts, read 2,217,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
In the video, I see a normal dog who wants to be in whatever room the owner is in. Our dogs always relocate to whatever room we are in. IMO a Velcro dog would be on that literally leans against you or sits on your lap CONSTANTLY and never rests on the floor nearby.

My 3 dogs follow me everhwere I go and I like having them close.
I suppose seperation anxiety is something else though,since a dog can really get in a panic about this.

I do hope since the OP is still living home,(so I suspect a young person who hasn't set out into thr world themselves).that this little guy has a found his forever home and will never be dumped again,if living situations change.

I get so upset when I hear about a dog being let go because of a marriage or new baby.Such weak excuses.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:17 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Um, our dog tends to follow us from one side of the house to another to be in the same vicinity...I don't know that the video was particularly disturbing.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbara View Post
My 3 dogs follow me everhwere I go and I like having them close.
I suppose seperation anxiety is something else though,since a dog can really get in a panic about this.

I do hope since the OP is still living home,(so I suspect a young person who hasn't set out into thr world themselves).that this little guy has a found his forever home and will never be dumped again,if living situations change.

I get so upset when I hear about a dog being let go because of a marriage or new baby.Such weak excuses.

Keeping fingers crossed.
Woah, woah.. hold up. I am 28 years old, living on my own, have a full time job and have been supporting myself on my own for a very long time. This is my first dog that I've owned living on my own, so I will have questions that people might roll their eyes about or question myself about my knowledge on dogs. I adopted Leo because he matched everything I wanted in a dog, I bought him the very best dog food also, not none of this Purina or store brand junk that people feed their dogs. Sure, I don't make the home-made meals, but I do my damn best to take care of him.

I didn't know that dogs follow people room to room, constantly. I thought that they had their own space. It is completely fine by me since I've asked on this forum and gotten advice about it. I never, ever punish him for being in the same space as me, I was just asking if I get some space to my own. He loves me and wants to be by my side, that's great. Let's move on with the other subjects I posted about then, please. Before I do though, I will say I never even had a thought about giving him away to another home, Leo will not ever be dumped, he's mine, and please, don't question that. I took into consideration all of the "risks" that come with a dog, including, moving and how people charge extra for pets. I'm fine with it, and frankly, I'm happy with where I live right now so I don't see a change in a long time.

Now to the anxiety. He gets bad anxiety in the car and he drools a lot as I said, I bought him a car harness as Tilgar suggested. I just got back from a walk with him, with driving in-between and he doesn't like it one bit, BUT he does lay down, and drools. He doesn't understand the concept of it yet, but I'm very willing to work with him on it. Here is a picture after the car ride.

Spoiler

Old 06-20-2013, 11:00 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,523,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post

Now to the anxiety. He gets bad anxiety in the car and he drools a lot as I said, I bought him a car harness as Tilgar suggested. I just got back from a walk with him, with driving in-between and he doesn't like it one bit, BUT he does lay down, and drools. He doesn't understand the concept of it yet, but I'm very willing to work with him on it. Here is a picture after the car ride.

Spoiler

Yuck! That is a challenge!

Old 06-20-2013, 11:09 AM

Have you talked to your vet about the drooling.

If nothing can be done, the best solution is to protect your seats, but it looks like you're already doing that.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Have you talked to your vet about the drooling.

If nothing can be done, the best solution is to protect your seats, but it looks like you're already doing that.
No, but I will have to I think. His next vet appointment is next year, but I don't think I'm waiting that long! I have Happy Traveler pills, but they're kind of hit or miss. I'll try them again before we go for a walk tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Yuck! That is a challenge!
Yeah, this is the main reason I bought the cover. It's very disgusting. lol.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
Yeah, this is the main reason I bought the cover. It's very disgusting. lol.
Dogs are disgusting! That's one thing I love about them! It's also why I buy vehicles with leather seats!

It's a good thing you bought the cover. If you get rid of the drool, you'll still have to deal with muddy paw prints and all sorts of things. The leather came in handy when my dog came down with a digestive virus while I was on a 1,000 mile road trip. He was throwing up all over the place. Poor thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs