Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:38 PM

382 posts, read 1,887,536 times

Advertisements

Does the farting ever stop?!!! I've heard from lots of boxer owners that it's a breed thing and boxers are just a gassy breed.

I know it has alot to do w/ food. We feed Canidae Life Stages (dry) and MilkBone biscuits for treats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 11:47 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpocketbooks View Post
Does the farting ever stop?!!! I've heard from lots of boxer owners that it's a breed thing and boxers are just a gassy breed.

I know it has alot to do w/ food. We feed Canidae Life Stages (dry) and MilkBone biscuits for treats.
Don't ask why as it has no corn, but Canidae is known to make Boxers and Bulldogs gassy. A good friend of mine tried her dogs on the Canidae and her Boxer about blew her out of her she's switch to Eagle Pack Natural and all is calm

Not wanting to be rude, but why give your dog a sub premium treat when you're feeding premium food?

Old 11-08-2007, 08:37 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,403,189 times
My dog (Staff) farts like its going out of fashion and he has to squeeze one more out for good measure :S

My nose feels your pain!

Old 11-08-2007, 09:01 AM

382 posts, read 1,887,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Don't ask why as it has no corn, but Canidae is known to make Boxers and Bulldogs gassy. A good friend of mine tried her dogs on the Canidae and her Boxer about blew her out of her she's switch to Eagle Pack Natural and all is calm

Not wanting to be rude, but why give your dog a sub premium treat when you're feeding premium food?
Good question. We stepped it up w/ a better food, but haven't put as much thought into treats. What treats to do you recommend? She does really bad w/ anything fatty or greasy. Biscuit treats work much better with her tummy.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:40 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpocketbooks View Post
Good question. We stepped it up w/ a better food, but haven't put as much thought into treats. What treats to do you recommend? She does really bad w/ anything fatty or greasy. Biscuit treats work much better with her tummy.
Canidae also has treats Snap Biscuits. However, even though I could be wrong, I'm thinking you might want to change the game plan and give the Eagle Natural a try. Eagle also makes treats. Even if you didn't choose the same brand treat as you do the food, stick with the same level of ingredients.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:52 PM

1,179 posts, read 8,709,008 times
They are just gassy and can be prone to bloat too. Mine would fart and you could hear it NASTY and STINKY.

Pit Bulls also fart a lot too.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:51 PM

989 posts, read 3,524,919 times
Boston Terriers are the same way. They fart like crazy!

Old 11-12-2007, 03:11 PM

768 posts, read 2,100,274 times
OMG, can you just imagine our dogs if they knew we were writing about their gas?

And all this time I've been blaming it on the occasional "kitty crunchy", figuring someone got into the litterbox when one of us wasn't looking. It sounds like it's as common as....well, as passing gas is among humans.

Except me. I don't do that. Ever.

Right.

Ahem, we just had the Veterans Day parade go by and I'm feeling silly.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:21 PM

98 posts, read 394,859 times
Default Gas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyDayNow View Post
OMG, can you just imagine our dogs if they knew we were writing about their gas?

And all this time I've been blaming it on the occasional "kitty crunchy", figuring someone got into the litterbox when one of us wasn't looking. It sounds like it's as common as....well, as passing gas is among humans.

Except me. I don't do that. Ever.

Right.

Ahem, we just had the Veterans Day parade go by and I'm feeling silly.
LOL, OMG, that's hilarious...my mom used to tell us kids that she never passed gas and for the longest time...I believed her. Until one day, I came home and she was the only one is the house...no dog, no cat...and it stunk like, well use your imagination. When I confronted her she started laughing and then denied, denied, denied. She is 65 yrs old, and to this day, still says she does not pas gas.

My dog, Athena, is a mix of several breeds and her gas is tremendous. My husband and I will be on the couch, Athena on the floor in front of us, then it hits and we both look at eachother, then down at the dog. She doesn't pas gas very often, or at least that I am aware of, but when she does...watch out. Once, she passed gas that had sound w/it, and she looked back at her butt, like, "what was that? where did that noise come from??" It was hilarious, the look on her face.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:47 PM

133 posts, read 750,478 times
Have you tried yogurt? Just plain ol' yogurt. Put a spoon full or so in with her food.

Depending on what you're doing with the snacks, I just use Ginger's food. We do get bones from the butcher now and then to give her something to keep her occupied while in her crate, but training treats are her kibble.

She also gets apples, carrots and cream cheese now and then. (cream cheese inside a marrow bone.... yummmy. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs