Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 01:38 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,847,789 times

Advertisements

In my opinion if a person has a dog that has a barking issue then the dog should not be left outside by itself. It is not fair to the neighbors. The person with a barking dog would just have to take their dog for a walk. Possibly this would push barking dog owners to take their dog to obedience though I do understand some obedient dogs still have a barking issue.
I remember living in an apartment where the neighbors dogs barked inside non stop you could hear it through the walls. I complained and the apartment staff said that if a dog gets complaints then the owner is supposed to get a shock collar which in my opinion sounds harsh and would hurt the dog but I have no facts on that since I did not research it. I ended up moving so I don't know what happened. I know people who live in apartments want dogs but at the same time since people are not considerate sometimes I have mixed feelings on attached living and dogs.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:25 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,308,401 times
Folks, there are lots of threads on here about barking dogs, training, etc. This thread started off being about people who allowed their dogs to bark and has taken a hard left turn into shock collars, tying dogs up, small dogs versus big dogs, and on and on.

Closed. The discussion as it stands now has run it's course.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs