Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 10:35 AM

18,741 posts, read 33,468,225 times

Advertisements

A whole lot of men can't stand the thought of balls being removed. Too close to home. That's why there's actually a product and a market for "Neuticles"- false balls for neutered dogs. Really.
As I say, *everyone in my house is fixed," and I do mean EVERYONE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 10:41 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,432,157 times
Its brain surgery!

Old 11-14-2007, 11:11 AM

575 posts, read 3,697,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by APBT_Samara View Post
Probably because they are irresponsible. Being that they are irresponsible and careless they usually end up with oops litters. Making more "unwanted" pets. I never understood what is so hard about keeping your female from getting with a male. They should spay anyway and save themselves the headache of heat cycles.

One of my females is in heat right now so I'm in that routine. If they have multi dogs is more work then just watching them when they are going potty. Because if they have an intact boy they have to worry about their own dog causing an accident. Its a bit of work but not impossible to keep a female from getting pg, but these people are careless. If they don't care about spaying their girl and are the type that end up with 3 accidental litters it should really explain a lot. They are lazy.

What is frustrating to me is we were planning to go to a show in a couple of weeks where she probably would have finished or came close to it. Now that she is in heat well no show! The sooner she gets her CH the sooner she can be spayed. My younging is just barely not old enough to show. My other female is due to come in also (would have finished almost 100% for sure) so no sense in even going. Last year she came out of heat like 3 or so days before the show, but it was already too late. She was so fat and wasn't "showable". Normally even without work she is at least in decent enough shape to show. Not sure what happened, I know DH was the one mostly feeding her for a couple of weeks and she got a little heavy. If that had not happened she'd be finished all ready!!
LOL I hear ya. Last time my female was in heat my little boy was old enough to know something was up. He shook, whined, didn't eat or sleep well for days and of course they both had to be watched every second and doors closed and locked.

Also another medical reason: certain breeds cannot take certain anesthesia well and will die under it. If your vet is unaware, you could lose a pet.

I did all my 'Malinois' anesthesia research for when my female does get spayed. Luckily my vet works with the breed and knows this, I 'printed all of it up' and it's in her file.

I will also remind, remind and more reminding at the Vet when the time comes.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:18 AM

604 posts, read 4,626,008 times
IMO - the renewel fees for animals tags should be considerably higher for non sterilized animals. Maybe that would "make it worth it" for the unresponsible pet owners who don't want to incur the cost of spay/nueter, but those people probably don't even get tags or shots anyways.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:26 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,377,204 times
Cause they are broke. They don't have $$ when they get the dog and have no way of taking care of what needs to be done for the animal.

Or, they want to make $ and breed the animal if they think it is purebred. Then try and pass it off as having "papers" and sell the puppies for $200 a piece.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:42 AM

575 posts, read 3,697,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
Cause they are broke. They don't have $$ when they get the dog and have no way of taking care of what needs to be done for the animal.

Or, they want to make $ and breed the animal if they think it is purebred. Then try and pass it off as having "papers" and sell the puppies for $200 a piece.
Responsible pet owners who opt not to have their pet fixed will pay. If it cost me $500 a year not to have my boy neutered I'd pay it. Though it's just another form of sin tax so to speak.
---------------------
How do these rip off breeders accomplish this? Either a dog's parents both have verifiable, SEEN papers or not. Either the dog is worth the money asked or not.

People should do heavy research of the breed and breeder they intend on buying from before purchase.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:06 PM

768 posts, read 2,102,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Its brain surgery!
lol But if that is true, then it INCREASES their brain capacity!

"Neuticles"?? I'm going to have to look that one up. Is that something to make the dog feel better about himself, or the man?

ETA: Neuticles is a surgical implant!? (I had this funny mental picture of trying to clip plastic balls on a dog and could just see it going, "WTH???") It's like cosmetic surgery for dogs. Wow. Someone has got wayyyy too much time or money on their hands, lol. My pets lead very sheltered lives but if they were to suddenly become anxious over their lack of anatomical equipment, I would have to draw the line. Brightdoglover, thanks for introducing me to the product. Now I can tell my h that our dogs aren't as spoiled as he thinks they are--at least they don't have Neuticles.

Last edited by AnyDayNow; 11-14-2007 at 12:35 PM..

Old 02-08-2008, 10:36 PM

3 posts, read 10,585 times
Everyone should really spay and nueter your pets (well except for breeders) not only because of over population but because of their health....
When you do spay and neuter your animals they live longer and a healthier life, and it can also save you time and money because they wont get sick, and you dont need to take the time to take them to the vet and have to pay...
Dont worry because your pets wont gain as much weight if you just give them the proper food and exercise and their personality wont change bc they mature by themselves! ^..^

Last edited by Twinxabella; 02-08-2008 at 10:39 PM.. Reason: I'm the person who wrote it

Old 02-08-2008, 10:45 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,432,157 times
Just because somebody dosent spay/neuter their dogs does not mean they are irresponsible in any way. I hate being lumped into the same group again. Denzel (Staff in Ireland) was never neutered, neither was our Lab/Retriever X knor our pure Lab. My wife never had any of her dogs neutered. They didnt have puppies either because they are responsible. Youre right in a way, some people do "let nature take its course" and whatnot. But others dont need to neuter as they control the dog.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:01 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,479,703 times
Maybe this sounds to much like a Nazi but I think people should be REQUIRED to spay or nueter their pets, unless of course they are a breeder.

I also think that you should have to have a special license to be a breeder in the hopes of curbing some of the puppy mills out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs