Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2007, 05:01 PM

1,179 posts, read 8,709,295 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Dog Attack Styles

I was surprised the mastiff had over 500 PSI. I thought it was very interesting to see that they believe the Dutch Shepherd is close to the Dire Wolf. As far as build/attack style. They are only speculating it seems. We ended up not getting a Dutchie because I'm uncertain on getting a shepherd adult without having a kennel close to meet the dog. Later in time we will just wait a couple years.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2007, 07:56 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,171,306 times
Interesting video, thanks for sharing. I wouldn't want to be attacked by any dog, ever , but that Dutch Shepherd doesn't play around! lol! Did you hear the huge thud when the Dutch Shepherd slammed into the guy with his whole body and threw him on the ground?! Geeze! lol!

Old 11-23-2007, 09:09 PM

692 posts, read 3,855,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
Interesting video, thanks for sharing. I wouldn't want to be attacked by any dog, ever , but that Dutch Shepherd doesn't play around! lol! Did you hear the huge thud when the Dutch Shepherd slammed into the guy with his whole body and threw him on the ground?! Geeze! lol!
I was thinking the same thing. I had to watch it again! It still amazes me how strong they are, but I'm surprised they didn't have an APBT or ASBT in there. Just because of all the ruckus going on these days.

Does any one have more of these videos?

Old 11-23-2007, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddieXRuxpin View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I had to watch it again! It still amazes me how strong they are, but I'm surprised they didn't have an APBT or ASBT in there. Just because of all the ruckus going on these days.

Does any one have more of these videos?
Actually they did have one with an APBT, GSD and Rottweiler. I posted it before.

YouTube - Bite force competition. Pitbull, Rottweiler, and Shepherd.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APBT_Samara View Post
Actually they did have one with an APBT, GSD and Rottweiler. I posted it before.

YouTube - Bite force competition. Pitbull, Rottweiler, and Shepherd.
After I posted I went on a search and tried to find as many videos as I could.. and that heppened to be one of them.

I'm just so amazed for some reason. I work with bullies every week, APBT, ASBT, American BullDog, Bull Terriers, and GSD, Rottwieler, and some Mastiff mixes so I'm not sure why. I've seen the power up close and personal, but I think it's different seeing dogs that have been trained to be in this field and perform such numbers.

In the first video my mouth was open almost the whole entire time..

Old 11-23-2007, 11:32 PM

273 posts, read 1,338,521 times
that malinois is beautifulll I'm so getting one. I cant believe hes only 70 lbs. It looks similar size to the dutch shephard to me but they say the dutch shep is 130 lbs jeez. Even though the mastiff has the highest biting power, I would rather be confronted with a mastiff than that dutch shephard. Either way, when being attacked by a dog, as long as you have good hand-eye coordination and pay attention, theres no reason the dog should be able to latch on.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedSOUL83 View Post
that malinois is beautifulll I'm so getting one. I cant believe hes only 70 lbs. It looks similar size to the dutch shephard to me but they say the dutch shep is 130 lbs jeez. Even though the mastiff has the highest biting power, I would rather be confronted with a mastiff than that dutch shephard. Either way, when being attacked by a dog, as long as you have good hand-eye coordination and pay attention, theres no reason the dog should be able to latch on.
My guess would the be Dutch is pure muscle, in turns weighing a lot more. Either way they're all powerful dogs and wouldn't want to be in the lines while he was running for that arm..

Old 11-24-2007, 05:12 AM

575 posts, read 3,694,032 times
All those dogs on that video are TRAINED , and know how to fight a human opponent either in the game of shutzhund or as a protection dog. (the real thing) They are not trained to fight other dogs or animals.

The dutch & the malinois have super speed, coordination and hit like a freight train and can easily take a large human opponent to the ground even with a muzzle on, and fight very effectively. In person they are amazing.

Search for KNPV video at youtube. Highlights from 2005 champs, It's all Malinois
YouTube - knpv and 2007
YouTube - KNPV CHAMPIONSHIPS 2007 *HIGHLIGHTS*

They also have a very loving personality & can be taken in public and around other dogs without fear.

My Mal's

My male Zod (J'zEros van de Trouwehond) at 11 weeks

and 9 months, female is on the left

Old 11-24-2007, 08:54 AM

Chick your dogs are beautiful.
Mals are pretty light, another reason why DH doesn't like them that much. He doesn't like a big heavy dog either. I guess somewhere in the middle. Maybe 85-120lbs would be my guess, never asked him. The Dutchies we looked at were in the 45-70lbs range. I would like one on the larger end. Most KNPV Dutchies have Mal blood in them anyway. Dutchies almost went extinct due to culling for color, it was disastrously. KNPV isn't so much about purity as it is true working ability. That is what makes the dogs so awesome.

I guess I have never posted a pic of my Belgian here.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:34 AM

575 posts, read 3,694,032 times
Oh sam I didn't realize you had a Mal. She is a beauty, looks like a (female?) Aren't they wonderful? What personality and intelligence they have.

I'd love to add a Dutch now, but 2 Mal's are enough to handle for now (until I can move to Nowheresville KS or TX) into a shack with 80 acres. Then I'll get a few more Mal's, at least 1 Dutch's and a donkey and a few goats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs