Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2021, 12:43 PM

23,369 posts, read 18,968,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
It's probably that inner ear thing that old dogs get. I can't think of the name of it right now, but I'll come back and post it if the word pops into my head later.

Canine idiopathic vestibular disease
Are you referring to the OP's labrador or the zombie thread reviver's chihuahua? It is 2 years old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2021, 12:58 PM

23,369 posts, read 18,968,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepuplover View Post
Please? Mine is going through the same thing and im finding zero helpful anything on google
FWIW, there's no way, given the almost non-existent information offered, I'd attempt to diagnose a dog without even observing the behavior! Dr Google can't see your dog or what its doing. While you're busy resurrecting zombie threads, your dog is suffering and probably quite frightened. At least call your vet and describe what's going on. They can ask you pertinent questions that could rule out an emergency and advise what you could do to ease the poor dog's misery. It could be something harmless (but rather alarming to witness) like paroxysmal respiration (reverse sneezing) which is fairly common in brachycephalic dogs.

Old 11-03-2021, 04:42 PM

3,975 posts, read 4,272,040 times
Quote:
She didnt want to hear take your dog to a vet because DUHHH GENUISES, thats the obvious and end solution but does anyone have any HELPFUL INSIGHT OR ADVICE ON WHAT CAN BE DONE TO HELP A DOG IN THIS STATE UNTIL ITS ON A VETS TABLE?

MY 2 YEAR OLD CHIHUAHUA MIX STARTED DOING LITERALLY EXACTLY the same thing yesterday with alot of whimpering and fidgeting like shes looking for whatever the right position to be in is to make it stop..

Does ANYONE have ANYTHING actually helpful other then google my nearest vet PLEASE?

And you thought posting here and bellowing at us in all caps and insulting us ("duhhh geniuses") would get you a rapid response with the perfect solution to your dog's problem? GET YOUR DOG TO THE VET.

Old 11-06-2021, 11:24 AM

10,348 posts, read 6,891,570 times
Quote:
She didnt want to hear take your dog to a vet because DUHHH GENUISES, thats the obvious and end solution but does anyone have any HELPFUL INSIGHT OR ADVICE ON WHAT CAN BE DONE TO HELP A DOG IN THIS STATE UNTIL ITS ON A VETS TABLE?

MY 2 YEAR OLD CHIHUAHUA MIX STARTED DOING LITERALLY EXACTLY the same thing yesterday with alot of whimpering and fidgeting like shes looking for whatever the right position to be in is to make it stop..

Does ANYONE have ANYTHING actually helpful other then google my nearest vet PLEASE?
Not, a good strategy if you want help from anyone. (Altho, it's a great strategy if you want to alienate people that could possibly help.)

Your poor dog....

Old 11-26-2021, 03:43 AM

33,588 posts, read 18,202,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieMaesMommy View Post
My 7 year old Labrador began 2 nights ago displaying a very jerky head, began breathing very strangely, erratically I guess, and she kept licking/smacking her mouth (as if she was thirsty). it lasted for several hours then finally she quieted down enough she could finally sleep.

Today she began with the licking/smacking of her mouth again, Soon she began the head jerking and that ended up continuing into her upper body (chest and front legs) jerking and kneading. She looks like she is shaking her head as if to say "no" then every once in a while it will jerk up and down as if shaking her head "yes". She prefers laying down but even if she sits up she still continuous with the jerking and kneading motions. She has not been eating or drinking since this morning and cannot seem to stop these motions enough to be able to sleep. The symptom today have been going on now for the last 12 hours.

Other than the above she has been a healthy and happy girl. My husband thought maybe she was bitten by a spider. They are trying to camp inside since it is getting colder, but I cannot she when she might have been bitten. She has not had vomiting, fever or diarrhea.

If anyone has any ideas and/or helpful suggestions other than to take her to the vets, I would appreciate it.
Check her ears. Some dogs get ear mites. Need to be cleaned.

My dog has a habit when I am cleaning or gardening . She constantly is licking nothing. Just her tongue licking out constantly when she watches me do chores around the house. As if she is helping me with the licky licks.. I call her licky lick when she does this. She is a White Swiss Shepherd and has some strange habits .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs