Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 04:10 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,323,724 times

Advertisements

Tatoo work great as Collars CAN be Lost! & Micro Chip requires taking the dog to the nearest vet to get scanned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 05:20 PM

7,115 posts, read 4,838,256 times
I have a heavy nylon collar on my dog. It's black, so no way to write on it.

I was concerned that his id tag would come off and get lost, so I found a slide on metal tag online. Personalized with his name, our name, our address, our phone number. Tag was super cheap, something under $5.

He's also microchipped. And wears his rabies tag, which has our city, state, and the phone number of the local animal control.

I like the idea of a tattoo of some kind, too.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:52 PM

483 posts, read 655,892 times
We use Dog ID.com collars, they have their names and my phone number embroidered on them. We don't keep tags on them, between the jingle at night and the risk of them getting caught on stuff. I keep their rabies tags and a copy the paperwork in my truck.
They are also micro chipped.

They got out the other day, and went 30ft to the cross fit open gym, they called me before I had even run back inside to get their leashes to go find them.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:09 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,238,471 times
My are chipped, but they also have a collar with a metal dog tag. One side is their name, the other side is my name, address, and phone number. Engraved tags were about $12 at PetCo, but I think any of the big box pet stores have them.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:56 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,413,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelti12 View Post
We use Dog ID.com collars, they have their names and my phone number embroidered on them. We don't keep tags on them, between the jingle at night and the risk of them getting caught on stuff. I keep their rabies tags and a copy the paperwork in my truck.
They are also micro chipped.

They got out the other day, and went 30ft to the cross fit open gym, they called me before I had even run back inside to get their leashes to go find them.
Totally agree. I don't do tags because they've gotten caught when the dog went into the brush at the dog park. Plus they jingle and can cause a ruckus if I'm walking them at night. I got embroidered collars at gotags.com. Just the dog's name and my cell number. I keep their collars on at all times except when I go out. I have Westies and they have escaped a number of times out my front door as I'm struggling to get the trash or whatever out the door. Now I make sure they're in another room when I do that. Little escape artists they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs