Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 04:03 PM

454 posts, read 495,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpindogs View Post
Guessing you didn't read the entire thread. If you use either the BrilliantK9 or ComfortFlex harnesses I posted links for, you will have no trouble with your knees.
I did read the entire thread and actually really liked the harnesses you linked to. I simply echoed the statement made that using a sliplead on a bullie probably isn't the best idea. Putting a harness/collar on a short, chubby one still requires bending down somewhat. I was trying to think of some magical way to not have to bend down at all

(btw, I don't have bad knees.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 04:20 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,320,226 times
I can bend..

I just can't kneel on my knees because it messes up something behind my kneecap and then I'm in agony for a few days. The harness he has now requires me to get on my knees and place his huge paws through the spaces so an easier harness would work out well for both of us.

Runs.. Roscoe doesn't do cold, or snow... or rain.. or mud.. or puddles.. or anything that might get his feet icky. So when it's cold he's under the awning doing his business and then he's right back inside again. He doesn't even want to go for a walk when the weather isn't to his liking... and he lets me know by sitting down and absolutely refuses to move.

Old 04-22-2016, 04:29 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,912,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
I can bend..

Runs.. Roscoe doesn't do cold, or snow... or rain.. or mud.. or puddles.. or anything that might get his feet icky. So when it's cold he's under the awning doing his business and then he's right back inside again. He doesn't even want to go for a walk when the weather isn't to his liking... and he lets me know by sitting down and absolutely refuses to move.
Hilarious. So cute.

Old 04-22-2016, 05:56 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,323,724 times
Katie has the same problem I use Choke when we go places Take it off when we get home. Problem with the Rope is unless you keep pressure on it, it falls off. Regular choke don't.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:02 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,255,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Bulldogs View Post
I did read the entire thread and actually really liked the harnesses you linked to. I simply echoed the statement made that using a sliplead on a bullie probably isn't the best idea. Putting a harness/collar on a short, chubby one still requires bending down somewhat. I was trying to think of some magical way to not have to bend down at all

(btw, I don't have bad knees.)
Yeah, that would require some sort of magic. Or a long, wide ramp so your short, chubby one could walk up to an agility table. Come to think of it, that would be really easy to train.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:46 PM

454 posts, read 495,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
I can bend..

I just can't kneel on my knees because it messes up something behind my kneecap and then I'm in agony for a few days. The harness he has now requires me to get on my knees and place his huge paws through the spaces so an easier harness would work out well for both of us.

HAHA!!! I took this photo of one of my "princesses" (he's a boy) going out after a snowstorm a couple of years ago.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:26 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,323,724 times
Couple of tricks I trained my girls to do. With Katie the corgi she trained to place her paws on my knee so I can reach her. Lady the pap she jumps on the rocker recliner when I need to put her coat rope or collar on. So much easier when small dog meet you 1/2 way Service dogs are trained to put their paws on knees chairs so when they pick up things you drop or bring things to you you can easily reach them. Just figure out something he can do to help you get him ready for going outside.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:32 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,320,226 times
Mom2Bulldogs...

I love the expression on his face... He looks like he's saying 'how could you do this to me?'..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs