Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 06:59 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,463,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
What a strange and wonderful thing to say TFW... my wife and I were just speaking of this today.

I'm not the only one who's experienced this. I hope you find Leo again soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 07:55 PM

6,621 posts, read 6,557,302 times
Awe, he was beautiful. So sorry! Everyone on this dog forum is such a comfort when we lose our fur babies. If only they lived as long as we do...

Old 10-10-2016, 08:18 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,007,932 times
When one cannot give a hug, there are few words that can be said. But I recently found these two bits of writing, and you may find them fitting. The first is a poem, the second a quote from a book.

Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

-Mary Elizabeth Frye

"Dog's lives are short, too short, but you know that going in. You know the pain is coming, you're going to lose a dog, and there's going to be great anguish, so you live fully in the moment with her, never fail to share her joy or delight in her innocence, because you can't support the illusion that a dog can be your lifelong companion. There's such beauty in the hard honesty of that, in accepting and giving love while always aware it comes with an unbearable price. Maybe loving dogs is a way we do penance for all the other illusions we allow ourselves and for the mistakes we make because of those illusions."

Dean Koontz, "The Darkest Evening of the Year"

And from me: grieve, and grieve well. Then may you find the comfort your soul desires. Good luck.

Old 10-10-2016, 09:11 AM

5,094 posts, read 12,601,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
What a beautiful Pyr! My daughter has 3 of them and they're such loving dogs to their owners.

I dont believe in the Rainbow Bridge but I do believe that our heart-dogs come back to us. I lost a beloved dog in 1999 and he finally came back to me when I adopted a 9-year-old dog of the same breed in 2010. So keep an eye out for your guy to be back someday.

I am very sorry for your loss it is never easy saying good bye to a beloved dog as the loss does leave a hole in your heart.

As for the above. The day before I put Dash down I called an animal communicator that I had seen with Jazz when she did a fund raiser for the agility club. I was so impressed with this woman I decided to have her tell me what was going through Dash's head.

She only asks their name, breed , age and how long you have had them then she just starts talking, She zeroed right in on the fact he was afraid of having a huge nose bleed that could not be stopped and it would be crazy and stressful for me and him and he did not want that. He told her he knew I had done all I could for him and taken him to say good bye to everyone and to visit all his favorite places a last time so he wanted me to know he was ready to leave me. She then asked me if he had some sort of cancer in his head because he kept bringing up the nose bleed issue. He had nasal cancer.

She said he had lived with me twice before and he wanted me to know he was coming back. Then she said she felt he thought what he told her next was funny but I would get it and that was to not worry as he knew where I lived! Made me laugh as in the car I called him my navigator as he stood between the front seats and paid attention to my driving and the road. He knew his way to lots of places!

She said that when you get that feeling that a dog is yours as you are looking for a new dog to adopt that it is often a dog that you knew somehow in the past not always one you owned but a soul you knew.

I was so glad I had talked to her as knowing he was ready helped me deal with it so much better and when we got to the vets,my boy that always was terrified at the vets and hide under chairs and shook with fear walked in not at all afraid . The vet had a dog bed on the floor in the room he put us in and Dash walked over and laid down on it so unlike his usual self. I had no doubt he was ready and it just made it so much easier. Oh yeah on the drive there I did let him sit in the front seat and he looked out the side window instead of the front or watching my driving like a typical guy . I had this eerie feeling that he was taking in all the sights that he knew so well for a last time..perhaps making sure he had all his land marks right?

Anyway that whole experience has me believing that some do come back...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs