Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 05:58 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,019,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romaneats View Post
Not for non dog people of course.
(Big sign warning others who prefer otherwise.. that dog's are allowed inside. There is no patio seating at this place)
Good for them for finding a niche.

FTR, I am a "dog person", I just prefer to spend my money at establishments where I don't have to eat with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 06:01 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,019,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romaneats View Post
Oh man.. that is so sad.
But hopefully slowly over time...
Maybe? they will open up to the idea if other state restaurants does some dog friendly events and well behaved dawggie n owners can spread their examples and get their rules to loosen up.
Why should the rules "loosen up"?

Is there something inherently wrong with leaving one's dog at home when one goes out to eat?

Old 10-28-2016, 06:09 PM

4,314 posts, read 4,003,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post

Is there something inherently wrong with leaving one's dog at home when one goes out to eat?
Not in the least !

Some people believe animals are equal to humans.
Some believe animals take priority over humans

.........THAT......thinking is what is "sad"

Old 10-28-2016, 06:24 PM

483 posts, read 418,960 times
Quote:

More for people who had to travel long distance with their dogs...
Say.. moving or visiting family across states etc.

Old 10-28-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
Not in the least !

Some people believe animals are equal to humans.
Some believe animals take priority over humans

.........THAT......thinking is what is "sad"
Not sad at all.
Some dogs are actually better than some humans.. true dat.
😉❤❤❤👍
And this is about dog restaurants thread so others dog lover travellers can find that perfect pitstop for their dogs.

Old 10-28-2016, 06:33 PM

So tried and true dog friendly restaurants, recommendations please..

So other traveling dog owners can enjoy and have a trip break for their pooch.
��❤❤❤��

I like to be knowledgeable of more places just in case.

Old 10-29-2016, 01:34 PM

20,127 posts, read 16,179,285 times
Quote:
Good for them for finding a niche.

FTR, I am a "dog person", I just prefer to spend my money at establishments where I don't have to eat with them.
As long as it is clearly marked that the restaurant is for both dogs and humans I think it is just fine if that is what the restaurant owner wants. I may not choose to dine there but I can see where others would want to. Good for all involved.

I think a directory of places that provide this service would be a great idea.

Old 11-03-2016, 05:46 PM

537 posts, read 1,769,034 times
bringfido dot com has a tab at the top to search for restaurants.

In NC, dogs are not allowed inside restaurants. However, they are permitted on outside patios IF the establishment allows.

As a single person, it works better if they have servers that come out to the patio to take your order. Places like Panera, where you need to leave your dog outside while you go in to order, are less convenient. The area where I live, more and more retail centers are becoming more dog friendly and eating establishments are being planned with outdoor patios. I love seeing well behaved pups out to eat with their humans!

Old 11-03-2016, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideAnnie View Post
bringfido dot com has a tab at the top to search for restaurants.

In NC, dogs are not allowed inside restaurants. However, they are permitted on outside patios IF the establishment allows.

As a single person, it works better if they have servers that come out to the patio to take your order. Places like Panera, where you need to leave your dog outside while you go in to order, are less convenient. The area where I live, more and more retail centers are becoming more dog friendly and eating establishments are being planned with outdoor patios. I love seeing well behaved pups out to eat with their humans!
You are quite right about NC.
We took Roman to South Beach restaurant and it's outdoor patio, with a special doggie menu.

The only restaurant that allows indoor that I have known is Shepherdstown VA. And the whole town tout their town to be dog friendly (signs on lots of shops that says dog friendly come on in).
So definitely a town to stop by for all dog lovers.

I also researched with bring fido.com.
That is how we find these dog friendly locale.
👍👍👍😉❤

Old 11-03-2016, 07:29 PM

Some green turtle in MD (not every locale so call n check but the hunt valley one n maybe the Owingsmill location {heard from a friend}) are dog friendly on their patio.

Huntvalley Strip mall in MD also host dog friendly events in summer on Thursdays I think, outdoor events.
Also a Howl a ween event that just past for doggies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs