Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 06:20 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,190,739 times

Advertisements

Long back story (we'll skip that), but the white/gold one in the videos above came back to us after the people who picked him had a change of mind.

I think his mom and sister are happy to have him back. I know I am. He's a good dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 11:29 PM

4,175 posts, read 2,577,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
Yeah, its amazing how fast they are with those little legs. They can flat out book it!

Did you watch any of the videos of the dogs running with the 4-way tether? Have to do that to keep them together and safe from coyotes. Still flat out and leaving a trail of dust!

The big one rides in the Jeep these days. His back is at risk. But he hunts and digs at the terminus.

I'll update that page more often. Got some good footage of them tonight.
Hi again, Just wanted you to know that I started looking at your flicker page more closely from the beginning. Your poor puppers Dixie . She is so very sad with her snakebite, poor baby. What happened with that?

Where were those taken? I recognized a pictograph on a rock in one of them. That's as far as I've gotten tonight as I got fixated on that pictograph, lol. It looks like some of the ones in Picketwire Canyon in Colorado. Very cool .

https://www.google.com/search?q=pick...w=1152&bih=615

I am starting to build an album in my profile of some of my internet favs. So I had to dig up an image of some of the pictographs located in Picketwire Canyon. One of them matches your pictograph. I didn't expect the one in your photo to be so large. Anyway, check it out . I only just started so there isn't much in there yet.

P.S. Here ya go. This is the wonderful link where i found that image in my profile. The second photo down has a pictograph like yours right in the center of the photo.

http://www.viewzone.com/picket2.html
--------------------------------

Old 08-06-2018, 02:11 PM

Dixie got bit a couple months ago. I freaked out, because the swelling came on fast, and by the way she was acting I knew it was BAD. Rushed her to an emergency vet (it was a Sunday evening), they gave her a shot of something, but told me the antivenin treatment was $1500-2000!

Well, couldn't do that. Took her home an hoped for the best. She was right as rain in two days.

The Crew stirred up a huge scorpion yesterday. No pics of that monster, though.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:14 PM

The petroglyph is on a hill right behind my house. I don't think anybody knows about it but me and the dogs.

There are several know sites in the region, so I'm pretty sure this one is legit. But it is the only one I've seen on that ridge.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
Dixie got bit a couple months ago. I freaked out, because the swelling came on fast, and by the way she was acting I knew it was BAD. Rushed her to an emergency vet (it was a Sunday evening), they gave her a shot of something, but told me the antivenin treatment was $1500-2000!

Well, couldn't do that. Took her home an hoped for the best. She was right as rain in two days.

The Crew stirred up a huge scorpion yesterday. No pics of that monster, though.
I'm so glad your little gal made it through. They are amazing. In the face would be so bad for breathing because of all the swelling. I heard somewhere, probably on C-D ,that Benadryl is good for dogs with snakebite. Here are the search results on that to help with your research. Maybe keep some on hand just in case. Maybe the vet injected something similar, an antihistamine. Scorpions how scary, bleck. You must be in the SW.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bena...hrome&ie=UTF-8

---------------------------------------------

Old 08-06-2018, 08:21 PM

296 posts, read 266,278 times
I have two smooth coat mini dachshunds that are both working dogs.
They compete in AKC earthdog, scent detection and hunting hound trials.
One of them is a SAR dog (search and rescue) and is going to be certified as a HRD K9 in the spring. (Human remains detection).

Yes, dachshunds can be working dogs. Some people think only large dogs can work, since the group of "working dogs" as defined by AKC are the larger dogs, the GSDs, the Mals, etc.

Very versatile breed.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danica32 View Post
I have two smooth coat mini dachshunds that are both working dogs.
They compete in AKC earthdog, scent detection and hunting hound trials.
One of them is a SAR dog (search and rescue) and is going to be certified as a HRD K9 in the spring. (Human remains detection).

Yes, dachshunds can be working dogs. Some people think only large dogs can work, since the group of "working dogs" as defined by AKC are the larger dogs, the GSDs, the Mals, etc.

Very versatile breed.
I bet they would be very good at that with their large nasal cavity, and being so close to the ground nothing escapes them.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:30 AM

Oh, no doubt. Mine "work" every day. Chase rabbits out of the yard, hunt vermin, dig to China.

Old 08-07-2018, 05:36 AM

296 posts, read 266,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
I bet they would be very good at that with their large nasal cavity, and being so close to the ground nothing escapes them.
Yes, they are scent hounds- so hunting and scenting is their thing!

Old 08-08-2018, 06:10 AM

Dixie struck again yesterday, but I didn't get a picture. One of those evil little ground squirrels. Such a sweet dog, such a vicious killer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs