Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 08:09 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,850,264 times

Advertisements

Maybe the noises makes him tense up or jerk and causes pain from bulging disc(can dogs get bulging disc?) or sciatica.

I have had bulging disc and it is by far the most painful thing I have ever endured in my life. A sudden unplanned movement causes excruciating pain.

It will make you tremble with pain.

Poor dog, I hope you find a solution for his problem.

Last edited by 4dognight; 09-30-2018 at 08:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 06:26 PM

48,545 posts, read 34,911,433 times
It's his back leg.

Problem is doggy logic. He thinks whatever the action is the problem and not his leg.

So now he is petrified of jumping into the car. We were taking him to the beach and he jumped in yelped, panicked, and lay down shaking like a leaf.

So.... will keep him sedated for a few days to rest it, and he has a vet appointment coming up.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-01-2018, 06:59 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,004,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It's his back leg.

Problem is doggy logic. He thinks whatever the action is the problem and not his leg.

So now he is petrified of jumping into the car. We were taking him to the beach and he jumped in yelped, panicked, and lay down shaking like a leaf.

So.... will keep him sedated for a few days to rest it, and he has a vet appointment coming up.
AHA! That makes sense. If this is the cause, creating a different routine for the avoided activities will work. Like getting into the car through the rear hatch, or putting a stool there to step up into the car - something - I'm sure you know what I mean!

Old 12-15-2018, 01:33 PM

48,545 posts, read 34,911,433 times
Follow-up.

This continued for awhile with the main problem being Dante was getting neurotic and very fearful, I am guessing he had a pinched nerve, strained his back or something like that.

We did take him to the vet for xrays, and there was no damage to his back or back legs, so that's good.

We did rest him and allow no play or jumping the whole time along with anti inflammatories and lots nutritious foods like raw necks, duck feet and meaty bones, both for nutrition and to give them something to do besides rough house.

So that left the fearfulness to deal with.

We worked on getting him to "deal" with what ever was bothering him either by food, or getting playful about it, and once he was cleared by the vet, a mile long walk every day. Occasionally I would do something intentionally like drop a metal bowl while he was eating, and stuff I thought would bother him. With all of that he seems much better and not nearly as skittish. We will take him on a hike next week. If it warms up we will start taking him out to the lagoon again.

Any jumping and such will still be prohibited for another couple months to be on the safe side.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs