Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 06:59 PM

3,248 posts, read 2,454,785 times

Advertisements

I'm trying not to judge but come on!

Healthy puppy. I have been getting pics and pregnancy updates. Puppy gifts are not even arrived in the mail. And the puppy is returned.

Why? Because relative realized that it's a commitment. Trainer. Boarding when gone (or pet sitter) house breaking.

I'm like .. and? You didn't know that?

I am happy that the dog has a chance for a better home but what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 07:18 PM

2,331 posts, read 1,996,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post

Healthy puppy. I have been getting pics and pregnancy updates. Puppy gifts are not even arrived in the mail. And the puppy is returned.

Why? Because relative realized that it's a commitment. Trainer. Boarding when gone (or pet sitter) house breaking.

Definitely a WTF moment! But better now than later, yeah?

Old 12-23-2018, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiero2 View Post
Definitely a WTF moment! But better now than later, yeah?
I didn't even know what to say to this person. It's a close relative. There's literally nothing wrong with this dog. It's the freak out of the relative. We all said "take some time before you do anything." And the dog is already gone. Just so ridiculous.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:19 PM

965 posts, read 938,453 times
I BOW to them!!!!! Leave judgement in the DUST! they have done what hundreds of others NEVER do, and they are never happy, and the dog certainly wouldn’t be. Bless them heavily for taking that step to return now!
They are the royalty of the hour for calling it good TODAY! As well as and for the struggle they have been having in their very real working brains! Not easy to make that call when you have a precious pup in hand

Now.... if they had waited a month or so, they would do a terrible disservice to the young pup in need of consistent love and direction. Then you could have gone all “boo hiss” judges cranking.

But at this time please share with them kindness and belief in their bravery for “doing it right” And that many of us feel they have made the ONLY CORRECT MOVE, and they did it with grace, and without blame (it seems!)

And hallelujah for that soon to be VERY SPECIAL & LUCKY Puppy ❤️

Old 12-23-2018, 08:22 PM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
If they can’t be committed to the dog they did the best thing for it. Better now than screwing it up and dumping it in a shelter later. I know it’s difficult because they are a close relative but as someone in Rescue for the last five years I strongly believe they did the right thing. My Rescue has a seven day no questions asked return policy and we return their money. Not every dog is a good fit and not every owner is up for the challenge.

Now, if they try to adopt or purchase another dog I certainly would have a long talk with them before hand.

Old 12-23-2018, 10:46 PM

2,373 posts, read 1,911,673 times
I could kind of see her being not that reflective and buying on a whim and then taking several days or weeks to realize what is needed and how much work. BUT, as was said, better the dog feel he had a day's break than be kept a longer time and returned.

Old 12-23-2018, 10:54 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,366,258 times
I think it's great she realized her mistake and corrected it before it affected the pup in a detrimental way. I mean, what she did was SUPER weird, but she had the guts to admit she'd made a mistake and correct it. You have to respect that.

Old 12-24-2018, 02:37 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,183,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post

People do impulsive, stupid things all the time. Take your eyes off the pup and look up, you'll see this sort of thing goes on all around us all the time.

People too often go with emotional impulses without a split second of thought....but we say they "had good intentions." The pup is probably luckier than most of the objects of unconsidered actions.

Old 12-24-2018, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
People do impulsive, stupid things all the time. Take your eyes off the pup and look up, you'll see this sort of thing goes on all around us all the time.

People too often go with emotional impulses without a split second of thought....but we say they "had good intentions." The pup is probably luckier than most of the objects of unconsidered actions.
That's just it. This is the opposite of a whim/impulsive decision. The build up to getting this dog was MONTHS in the making. Assailed with pictures and videos of the dog and even the pregnancy that led to the dog. Almost daily updates to everybody. It is just mind boggling to me that suddenly this is not happening.

And I would think that the breeder's head is also spinning. This person went through pretty intense screening and a home visit. And was on a waiting list. This is not a "difficult" breed either in term of training or temperament.

I know that you are all right saying that it's for the best. But what is this even about? This person is in their 30s. Kids were talked about. I hate to see what happens with that.

Last edited by emotiioo; 12-24-2018 at 06:04 AM..

Old 12-24-2018, 06:47 AM

2,373 posts, read 1,911,673 times
I wonder...is this person flighty? Was the dog even for real? Did she make him up for attention?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs